Agarest: Generations of War CE Import Pre-Order ~$60

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So I've been trying to find a cheap way to import the Agarest CE from Europe and I finally found a retailer that will ship to the U.S. and for a pretty good price, on gameplay.co.uk:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore...garest:_generations_of_war_collectors_edition

After shipping, it comes out to a little over $60 U.S. which is the cheapest I've seen it, and I think pretty low for an import collector's edition. You can get the regular edition for even cheaper:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore...code=PX0585&title=Agarest:_Generations_of_War

Also, PS3 games are not region-locked, and this is only a "deal" for those that either want the extras from the CE or a physical copy of the game. For those that don't care about those things, Aksys will be releasing this as a downloadable title in America and it will probably be cheaper than importing.

No idea what the special CE content is, but I think the real biggest downside to buying the european 60$ one, is this game is almost definitely going to be less than 60$.

I think we could hope for it being 29.99 to 39.99 most likely

And it does look like a really cool game, they had a thing about it on IGN not too long ago.

Something about everytime you beat the game you can choose who your hero marries and then they make a brand new hero that you can beat the game with again.

Sounds interesting to say the least

Supposed to be available for download in November.

Its going to be Ps3 only in the usa, the xbox 360 version is japanese only (and came out like a year ago)

As someone who imports a lot of UK games, I would not recommend using Gameplay. They have lousy customer service, bad packaging and generally are not a good company to deal with. Yes, they are usually a couple of pounds cheaper, but I much prefer the peace of mind in dealing with Game or HMV.

I'll consider it. Prefer a disc version.
This will either get rare or get cheap. hmm.

[quote name='62t']Only down side is you wont be able to get any DLC.[/QUOTE]Europe is getting the PSN cards finally, so shopping the EU store for DLC won't be nearly as impossible.

[quote name='bojay1997']As someone who imports a lot of UK games, I would not recommend using Gameplay. They have lousy customer service, bad packaging and generally are not a good company to deal with. Yes, they are usually a couple of pounds cheaper, but I much prefer the peace of mind in dealing with Game or HMV.[/QUOTE]
Will Game or HMV ship to the U.S.? I heard that you have to contact their customer service or something to get approved. On Gameplay, you can just order it off their website with no hassle.

[quote name='mxpowar']Will Game or HMV ship to the U.S.? I heard that you have to contact their customer service or something to get approved. On Gameplay, you can just order it off their website with no hassle.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they both ship to the US without having to contact anyone, you just need to register. I have ordered multiple times from both and never had a delay or problem. I think you are talking about Gameseek which is a huge pain in the ass and requires you to contact them first and use Paypal only, although they do often have the best prices.

I would import it. I hate digital titles. My only concern is the quality of the translation. Aksys is reediting the game's text. It makes me wonder if the original translation used in the European version is any good or not.

[quote name='B.K.']I would import it. I hate digital titles. My only concern is the quality of the translation. Aksys is reediting the game's text. It makes me wonder if the original translation used in the European version is any good or not.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing they just have to change British English to American English.

[quote name='62t']I am guessing they just have to change British English to American English.[/QUOTE]

We'll find out in just over a month.

[quote name='B.K.']I would import it. I hate digital titles. My only concern is the quality of the translation. Aksys is reediting the game's text. It makes me wonder if the original translation used in the European version is any good or not.[/QUOTE]
I thought the old PS1-era days of poor translations was over. According to their Wikipedia page, Ghostlight, the game's UK publisher, has some experience with translating JRPGs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostlight

so it can't be too bad, can it? Plus, I wonder what the British text will look like, aside from the colours and the defences, of course.

[quote name='bojay1997']Yes, they both ship to the US without having to contact anyone, you just need to register. I have ordered multiple times from both and never had a delay or problem. I think you are talking about Gameseek which is a huge pain in the ass and requires you to contact them first and use Paypal only, although they do often have the best prices.[/QUOTE]

I attempted to order this initially from both Game and Gamestation and for some reason I received an error message every time I tried to place an order. And since Game seems to only have a phone number to call (not making an international call for this) and Gamestation still has not responded to the help form email I filled out a couple of weeks ago, I think I'll stick with Gameplay. HMV is not bad, but considering they're charging several pounds more for the regular edition then Gameplay wants for the LE and that they don't even have the LE listed as far as I can tell I wouldn't use them.

[quote name='zeke222']NCSX is selling the game for $46.90. With shipping it come to around $53 dollars.[/QUOTE]
Since it doesn't specify, it's probably the regular edition. This thread is about the Collector's Edition.

[quote name='zeke222']NCSX is selling the game for $46.90. With shipping it come to around $53 dollars.[/QUOTE]

I also wouldn't be surprised if NCSX jacks up the price before release. I think they posted this price based on the old MSRP posted prior to the CE and regular editions being concretely announced. Considering they are selling the UK version of Dissidia CE for twice the actual UK MSRP, I don't think NCSX is a good place to buy European imports.

[quote name='pasko']Arg, they ship from the UK, right? :\[/QUOTE]

NCSX? No. They're based in New York City. The ship from there.

bread's done
Back