7) Lumines II
6) Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
5) Dissidia: Final Fantasy
4) Resistance: Retribution
3) Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
2) God of War: Chains of Olympus
1) Patapon 2

No DJ Max or Burnout? :speaktothehand:

No Ratchet & Clank was shocking. As a huge FF fan (especially FF7), Crisis Core is over hyped IMO, and while I only played the demo of Dissidia (which I didn't care for at all), I can't believe IGN lists it as #5 on the system, and Metacritic seems to back me up on that. Disgaea should have been higher as well, but I'm obviously very much into the series. Also, I can't believe HSG2 can get as high as 9, but Pangya can't even get on the list.

Another thing the list shows is just how little from the supposed Top 25 I've played, though most of them are in genres I don't like. Jeanne d'Arc and Daxter look to be the only games in genres I like that I haven't played. What makes me sad is that the list seems dominated by shooting/violence games.

Put simply, that list sucks. I hated the demo of Patapon so I can't believe #2 is the best PSP game out there..

[quote name='keithp']Put simply, that list sucks. I hated the demo of Patapon so I can't believe #2 is the best PSP game out there..[/QUOTE]

IGN is madly in love with both versions, so it's no surprise that they list it as the top game.

No Socom Fireteam Bravo 1/2?! Those games are stunningly playable given the 1 stick configuration of the PSP.

The inclusion of FFT is a joke. It's a great game but a terrible port. How did they manage to introduce tons of slowdown to a PS1 game while Disgaea runs flawlessly? I dunno but Squeenix pulled it off.

What? No Tekken: Dark Resurrection?! Blasphemy!

You show 'em Metacritic (has TDR at #6)!

Heh heh, of those on IGN's list, I've only played Jeanne D'Arc, Crisis Core, and Dissidia myself, can't believe Dissidia's so high after it just came out, but I guess so long as they regard it as a good or great game, that's how things would go.

Now lets see what they are missing. Tekken Dark Resurrection. Probably the best fighter on PSP. Also WipEout Pure which was a launch game that still looks and plays great today. It even had free add-ons. Twisted Metal head-on could also be on there.

WTF is Hammerin' Hero?

I gave up on the 1st patapon due to my continued inability to play the rain song.

portable gaming lists do need more rpgs, crimson gem saga is great

Very bad list, these types of things need to be composite rankings, with a group of people putting together there top 25 and then the final list taking the games that ranked the highest on those lists.

[quote name='FroMann']Also WipEout Pure which was a launch game that still looks and plays great today. It even had free add-ons.[/QUOTE]

IGN typically only lists one game from a series in their top games for each system. The only time I've routinely seen them have games from the same series is when they do a greatest games of all time list.

I have 15 of the games that are on their list and they have probably earned it.

There are some on that list which seem questionable: Downstream Panic, Hammerin' Hero, or Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice which has a metacritic score of 73. WTF!

Patapon 2 at number one seems too high. Leaving Tekken Dark Resurrection, Ratchet and Clank, or Burnout Legends off is criminal.

I think this list may see some rework after games like Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet, Assassin's Creed, Persona, Persona 3 Portable, or Tekken 6 get released. That is if they live up to their hype.

FF Tactics is good but should just not be on that list for the reason that it is technically a GBA era game. Plus there are too many SRPGs on that list. Disgaea 2 should be there above Disgaea and Jeanne D'arc (own all and Disgaea 2 is a great step up + HARDCORE)

I did 15 games as well in his list, Well that was good atlease i played 15games w/c are the most popular games of all times for PSP.

Though i got 15 good games on their lists i guess that they did not chose the real Top25 i strongly agree w/ what others comments.

Some of the games not included are better than those games w/c are in their list.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back