goHastings.com Buy 2, Get 3rd for $1 on all Used games - Live again

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
goHastings.com is running another Buy 2 get the 3rd game for $1 on all used games

For those of you who missed it the last time around, here is your chance to get in on the deal once again.

No detail on how long the promotion will be running, but I will do my best to update it if it changes.

Here are just some general FAQs that I have seemed to appear in the previous thread so I will do my best to clarify.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: How does this promotion work?

A: The $1 game will be based off of the cheapest game in your cart, so if you have in your cart a game that is $8, $7, and $6, the $6 game will be changed to the $1 game, so your total will be $8+$7+$1=$16.

Shipping for Hastings is $4.99 for 3 games. And you will have to do the promotion in quantities of 3 at a time since if you try to add 6 games to your cart at once, Hastings system will not be able to process with 3 are best matched together and just make the two cheapest ones the $1 game. So be careful.

Q: How is the quality of used products from Hastings?

A: It will vary widely unfortunately. I will say the majority of the people who have ordered from Hastings have received games from Mint condition to very crappy condition, like really, some of them sounded like there was literally crap on them. So it depends, but like I have said, the majority of the people who have ordered from Hastings (including myself) have received them in great condition. So good luck.

Q: How is Hastings return policy?

A: Hastings has a very good return policy. Hastings stands behind the quality of their products 100%, so if there is an issue with the game, you can get a full refund for it.

The downside to that is if you were doing a promotion like this and you wanted to return the game that was $1, you will only get that $1 back for the game. And generally Hastings are very bad with doing exchanges, so don't count on getting your game exchanged out for another copy.

But the good news is they are willing to give you the refund if you are not satisfied with the condition of the game you received. And sometimes depending on how bad the quality is, they don't even need you to mail it back.

And Hastings does pay for all the shipping back to them, so do not worry about having to do a return and paying to ship it back to them.

Q: How long does it take Hastings to ship their product?

A: This will vary immensely unfortunately. It can vary anywhere from about 3-6 days depending on where they ship the game from.

Hastings will ship each product from your order separately in its own bubble mailer, and just because you have been told it has all been shipped at the same time, does not mean you will receive it all at the same time, so just keep that in mind.

Hastings normally generate your package has shipped emails late at night, and it normally takes 1-3 days to generate that email, so if you wake up the next morning and you don't see it, don't go crazy, because for some reason they don't send out emails during the day, so yeah.

But once the item ships, it is normally pretty quick, so you don't have to worry about that. But then again, it varies.

Q: What is the difference between used and previously used games?

A: Thanks to thelonepig for responding.
[quote name='thelonepig']No, previously viewed are prior rentals from their B&M locations. Used are trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

And also to add to it. Used games also consist of returns where the shrink wrap have been removed or the package has been opened. So this is why the quality control varies a lot and some games come MINT and seem almost like new, because some of them only had the shrink wrap removed.

I think I covered all the main points for now. These are normally the most important ones people need to know.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
now we need a free shipping coupon or another 5 of 25 to make the shipping free

they have

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor for 23
yu gi oh 2009 (says WITH CARDS)
and
Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker

61.41 shipped after tax....

so 20 per game...... shipping and tax kills it

Same 3 games on amazon
Devil 28
yu gi 30
mega 30
total 88 - 8 eca code total 80

so about a 20 buck savings

[quote name='slidecage']now we need a free shipping coupon or another 5 of 25 to make the shipping free

they have

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor for 23[/QUOTE]

The free shipping codes seem to only work once per account. They never seem to work twice for some reason. So I'm SoL if I try it again. Haven't been able to get another one to work since the first time they had this sale and I used the code T__T

just got metal gear 4, uncharted, and socom for about $57 including shipping

im happy considering i picked up a slim few weeks back so finally will have some games for the ps3

[quote name='Squarehard']The free shipping codes seem to only work once per account. They never seem to work twice for some reason. So I'm SoL if I try it again. Haven't been able to get another one to work since the first time they had this sale and I used the code T__T[/QUOTE]

if i knew of a working code i probally would grab

and

only be around 55 without shipping.... 18 per game for those be sweet (even though the first two can probally be found around 20 new soon enough)

[quote name='slidecage']if i knew of a working code i probally would grab

and

only be around 55 without shipping.... 18 per game for those be sweet (even though the first two can probally be found around 20 new soon enough)[/QUOTE]

I normally hold off on the Star Force games myself since they normally drop pretty fast. I like them, but I don't think I can ever bring myself to pay $20 for one.

Anyone have a coupon code? Going to check the store up the road before I decide to order online. Also thanks OP for posting.:D

[quote name='neudog']Anyone have a coupon code? Going to check the store up the road before I decide to order online. Also thanks OP for posting.:D
iy.gif
[/QUOTE]
Yeah the coupon code would be a really good help, anyways going to see it for myself tommorow.

Seems like theres more titles this time around. Just hope it doesn't say all my cards are declined this time :( . Is that shipping code from the last sale still active?

Some of the prices look higher. I had some games I wanted to grab last time, I went back this time and they are a bit pricier. Hmm.

[quote name='Kelegacy']Some of the prices look higher. I had some games I wanted to grab last time, I went back this time and they are a bit pricier. Hmm.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just noticed that looking through the site again. But on the other hand, some of the games got cheaper ;).
Going to order Ghost Squad, HotD2&3, and RE: Umbrella Chronicles tomorrow, hope it works and comes in good condition :)
As for the coupon, there's a thing on the side that says subscribe to their newsletter and get $5 off $25. But it's the same coupon from the last sale which expired 8/29 -__-

Also, one question, is 'Previously Viewed' the same thing as 'Used'?

[quote name='cupcakex1']Also, one question, is 'Previously Viewed' the same thing as 'Used'?[/QUOTE]

No, previously viewed are prior rentals from their B&M locations. Used are trade-ins.

[quote name='thelonepig']No, previously viewed are prior rentals from their B&M locations. Used are trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

Used games also include returns to the store where the package have been opened, so not just trade-ins. So sometimes you may even get games that are like new.

[quote name='Squarehard']Used games also include returns to the store where the package have been opened, so not just trade-ins. So sometimes you may even get games that are like new.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I was told those make it on to the rental shelves or are shipped back to the publisher normally. Maybe it changes from item to item?

[quote name='thelonepig']Interesting. I was told those make it on to the rental shelves or are shipped back to the publisher normally. Maybe it changes from item to item?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its hard to tell with Hastings. But I was told that Used games also include returns which does explain how some of my games are like Brand New and just reshrink wrapped by Hastings. But as far as what I have been told, they include returns into the Used category. But its Hasting, who knows. Unless that crappy goHastings rep that always leaves us with more questions than answers actually explain these things to us, were kind of stuck.

One of the drawbacks of this place is they do not have a central warehouse for all of the games. That means that your order will get processed and the games may be shipped out one at a time from different stores. I had that happen to me and had one game shipped then the other was not because it turned out they did not have anymore (again no single place for them to track all of the stock they have). So I got scewed and payed for one game with shipping that cost more than the game. Had both games shipped they would have been good deals (net cost of each game).

Remember: In stock really means "we are pretty sure we will have it when it is time to ship".

[quote name='cheapndirty']One of the drawbacks of this place is they do not have a central warehouse for all of the games. That means that your order will get processed and the games may be shipped out one at a time from different stores. I had that happen to me and had one game shipped then the other was not because it turned out they did not have anymore (again no single place for them to track all of the stock they have). So I got scewed and payed for one game with shipping that cost more than the game. Had both games shipped they would have been good deals (net cost of each game).

Remember: In stock really means "we are pretty sure we will have it when it is time to ship".[/QUOTE]

Actually this has been clarified in the past in the previous sales. Unfortunately Hastings website of stock also stock from their stores, so if the store sells your copy while your order in store while it is being processed still online, you're pretty much out of luck. But it doesn't seem to happen too often as far as the experiences of all the people in the previous threads.

Alot of their used games are pretty high priced.

Like Disgaea 3 used is about 4$ more than the game brand new.

They have MGS4 for 5$ more used than THEY had it brand new.

If anyone sees any good games on their for good prices let me know

OH snaps!

edit:

Sonic rush DS - 7.20
Death Jr. 2 PSP - 1.00
Bleach DS - 12.82

subtotal 21.02
shipping standard 4.99
tax 1.82

Hmmm.....

I'm thinking of dipping back for some more. Singstar Vol 2, Bioshock and Broken Sword DS for about $35 shipped... Hmm.

I also got the first eight packages today from the last sale. Get Smart BD had a broken hinge, but otherwise everything was in fantastic condition.

[quote name='Squarehard']goHastings.com is running another Buy 2 get the 3rd game for $1 on all used games, music, movies, and books.

http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=b2g3rd&

For those of you who missed it the last time around, here is your chance to get in on the deal once again.

No detail on how long the promotion will be running, but I will do my best to update it if it changes.

Here are just some general FAQs that I have seemed to appear in the previous thread so I will do my best to clarify.

Q: How does this promotion work?

A: The $1 game will be based off of the cheapest game in your cart, so if you have in your cart a game that is $8, $7, and $6, the $6 game will be changed to the $1 game, so your total will be $8+$7+$1=$16.

Shipping for Hastings is $4.99 for 3 games. And you will have to do the promotion in quantities of 3 at a time since if you try to add 6 games to your cart at once, Hastings system will not be able to process with 3 are best matched together and just make the two cheapest ones the $1 game. So be careful.

Q: How is the quality of used products from Hastings?

A: It will vary widely unfortunately. I will say the majority of the people who have ordered from Hastings have received games from Mint condition to very crappy condition, like really, some of them sounded like there was literally crap on them. So it depends, but like I have said, the majority of the people who have ordered from Hastings (including myself) have received them in great condition. So good luck.

Q: How is Hastings return policy?

A: Hastings has a very good return policy. Hastings stands behind the quality of their products 100%, so if there is an issue with the game, you can get a full refund for it.

The downside to that is if you were doing a promotion like this and you wanted to return the game that was $1, you will only get that $1 back for the game. And generally Hastings are very bad with doing exchanges, so don't count on getting your game exchanged out for another copy.

But the good news is they are willing to give you the refund if you are not satisfied with the condition of the game you received. And sometimes depending on how bad the quality is, they don't even need you to mail it back.

And Hastings does pay for all the shipping back to them, so do not worry about having to do a return and paying to ship it back to them.

Q: How long does it take Hastings to ship their product?

A: This will vary immensely unfortunately. It can vary anywhere from about 3-6 days depending on where they ship the game from.

Hastings will ship each product from your order separately in its own bubble mailer, and just because you have been told it has all been shipped at the same time, does not mean you will receive it all at the same time, so just keep that in mind.

Hastings normally generate your package has shipped emails late at night, and it normally takes 1-3 days to generate that email, so if you wake up the next morning and you don't see it, don't go crazy, because for some reason they don't send out emails during the day, so yeah.

But once the item ships, it is normally pretty quick, so you don't have to worry about that. But then again, it varies.

Q: What is the difference between used and previously used games?

A: Thanks to thelonepig for responding.

And also to add to it. Used games also consist of returns where the shrink wrap have been removed or the package has been opened. So this is why the quality control varies a lot and some games come MINT and seem almost like new, because some of them only had the shrink wrap removed.

I think I covered all the main points for now. These are normally the most important ones people need to know.

Enjoy![/QUOTE]
Thank you for this post to clarify things. The reason that packages arrive in separate mailers is because we ship from our stores based on availability and location. If one store does not have the item you are looking for, we will ship it from another store.

First off I would like to thank CAGiversary! for clarifying the information about our promotion to those of you that asked questions about it.

I work for Hastings and would like to clarify a few things. Our products are mailed from our stores and that is why you may see different packages for the same order as with used items all titles may not be in stock in the same store.

Our shipping charges while they have been the subject of complaints in this forum, they are actually on par with other retailers.

If there are any issues with any of the products you have received you can either email us at [email protected] or call us at (877)-HASTINGS(427-8464). We are here to help you.

Jen
goHastings Official Rep

[quote name='Interfeci']A question about the Blus. They have two options, 'Used - Blu-ray' and 'Blu-ray - Blu-ray.' What's the difference?[/QUOTE]
What blu-ray where you looking at getting I can take a look at it. Sometimes when we have a special edition it may show more then one format. We are currently working on a data issue where it shows multiple versions of the same format. But if you send me the url I can clarify for you.

[quote name='gohastings']First off I would like to thank CAGiversary! for clarifying the information about our promotion to those of you that asked questions about it.
[/QUOTE]

My names not CAGiversary. XD.

But its actually nice to actually have a rep that actually answers some of the questions more clearly now. The previous postings have all been very short and just in general, a very lazy response. Thanks for putting in the time to actually reading some of the questions and answering them accordingly.

I must be one of the only ones to have crappy luck with used games at gohastings.com being scratched or incomplete. It must be because I am ordering older PS2 games. Maybe I should stick with DS, PS3, or PSP games as those dont scratch as easily or not at all.

[quote name='addicted2games']I must be one of the only ones to have crappy luck with used games at gohastings.com being scratched or incomplete. It must be because I am ordering older PS2 games. Maybe I should stick with DS, PS3, or PSP games as those dont scratch as easily or not at all.[/QUOTE]

I ordered some older ps3 games with their last sale and they came like brand new. I think your problems were likely due to it being old old stuff.

[quote name='dcm1602']I ordered some older ps3 games with their last sale and they came like brand new. I think your problems were likely due to it being old old stuff.[/QUOTE]

PS3 discs have a coating on them that resist scratches. You can just wipe away most any mark on them. I was talking about PS2 games.

I already bought some Blu-Rays from this sale, and they all came in immaculate condition.

I was thinking of buying some used Gamecube games. Do the games usually come with the instruction manuals and original cases?

I hate it when games aren't 'complete', like at gamestop when they're in a DVD case with a generic insert.

[quote name='yokissmybass']I already bought some Blu-Rays from this sale, and they all came in immaculate condition.

I was thinking of buying some used Gamecube games. Do the games usually come with the instruction manuals and original cases?

I hate it when games aren't 'complete', like at gamestop when they're in a DVD case with a generic insert.[/QUOTE]

I have had more luck with used games coming complete over pre-played. They're usually cheaper too for some reason.

[quote name='thelonepig']I have had more luck with used games coming complete over pre-played. They're usually cheaper too for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I tried searching the gohastings policies but I couldn't find anything on the definitions of "used" games. I guess it's just a gamble as to what I'm going to get. :pray:

[quote name='Squarehard']Actually this has been clarified in the past in the previous sales. Unfortunately Hastings website of stock also stock from their stores, so if the store sells your copy while your order in store while it is being processed still online, you're pretty much out of luck. But it doesn't seem to happen too often as far as the experiences of all the people in the previous threads.[/QUOTE]

Right. This was my first order with these guys and walked away unimpressed. If I had seen a post like mine I would not have ordered. There are too many other places to get games that does not ship one game out at a time then cancel your order because it sold them while mine was being processed. I will stick with Amazon,Ebay and GS until they warehouse all of their stuff. Some might be ok with 'hit and miss' but I am not. I watch the net cost on ALL of my games. My collection is 500+ games and growing..

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, its hard to tell with Hastings. But I was told that Used games also include returns which does explain how some of my games are like Brand New and just reshrink wrapped by Hastings. But as far as what I have been told, they include returns into the Used category. But its Hasting, who knows. Unless that crappy goHastings rep that always leaves us with more questions than answers actually explain these things to us, were kind of stuck.[/QUOTE]
Actually I feel that I have been as informative as I can be but here is more info.
The used games will vary as they are either returns from users or previously rented games. A customer may buy a game play it once or twice not like it and trade it in for something new so the packaging would be new and the discs as well. It depends on how well previous users or renters have taken care of the disks and cases. We have very few issues with disk quality and if you have an issue with a particular purchase you can always call us at (877)-HASTINGS (427-8464) or at [email protected].

Jen
goHastings Rep

Obviously it varies by person, but I had fantastic luck with them last time. All of the games I got were older PS2 games yet all of them came in nearly perfect condition, I was very impressed. I'm definitely going to be taking advantage again this time.

[quote name='gohastings']Actually I feel that I have been as informative as I can be but here is more info. [/QUOTE]

I will say, you are very helpful now, which I do appreciate. But I am not sure if it was you or another rep that replied in previous threads that did not really give answers that fullfilled anyone's questions.

For example, after there has already been a lot of posts asking questions about the company, this was the reply we got (keep in mind I already posted in the thread what the sale was on, so this reply was of no use since it was already established what the sale was).

[quote name='gohastings']Hi this is goHastings, the sale is valid on select titles up to $59.99. If you have any issues with the promo please email [email protected][/QUOTE]

And then after that we got this reply which had no quotes to anyone's comment and was not really clear as far as what you were even saying yes to.

[quote name='gohastings']yes[/QUOTE]

It was just responses like that in the very first thread that did not really help very much. You have been much more helpful in this thread, and I appreciate it. And if you read another of my previous post, I actually said you were doing a good job, so you should probably read through the whole posts and not just single out random posts you want to reply to, which I think was the problem at the beginning. Global issues should be addressed first over personal issues of just people here and there. If global issues are addressed first, you would not have to offer to personally help fix things for just one or two people, but to help everyone at the same time since it will make sure people in the future who purchase from Hastings do not have to deal with these kind of headaches. Thanks and keep up the good work.

[quote name='addicted2games']PS3 discs have a coating on them that resist scratches. You can just wipe away most any mark on them. I was talking about PS2 games.[/QUOTE]

Yep, in fact every used PS3 game I have bought or seen looks good save for the usual fingerprints but that is easy to wipe off. I'm sure in 10 years they'll still look as good compared to the DVD era.

Might have to pickup a few titles I missed out on...

[quote name='gohastings']What blu-ray where you looking at getting I can take a look at it. Sometimes when we have a special edition it may show more then one format. We are currently working on a data issue where it shows multiple versions of the same format. But if you send me the url I can clarify for you.[/QUOTE]

All right. So let's say I want to purchase http://www.gohastings.com/product/MOVIE/American-Psycho/sku/234532338.uts. There's two Blu-ray options, and one of them is $8 cheaper than the other. It'd be nice to know why there's that price difference.

[quote name='gohastings']What blu-ray where you looking at getting I can take a look at it. Sometimes when we have a special edition it may show more then one format. We are currently working on a data issue where it shows multiple versions of the same format. But if you send me the url I can clarify for you.[/QUOTE]

Well, almost every Blu-ray has it, but since an example is needed, let's say http://www.gohastings.com/product/MOVIE/American-Psycho/sku/234532338.uts. I can't really tell the difference, other than the fact that one is $8 cheaper. I'm wondering if it's the same difference as the games, and one of them is a rental while another is just a return.

Edit: I didn't notice this, but apparently the promotion only applies to DVDs? I guess that renders any questions I have moot.

I am currently working through an issue with gohastings, and I will post with a resolution (if I can get one). The issue is with the shipping and cancellations. I know it varies GREATLY with people's orders, so it really is just hit or miss, but I have had a TON of cancellations.

I found out after talking to them that this was because the game was purchased in the physical store before my order was processed. Ok, this is understandable, I guess they don't have real-time inventory updating and I'm just out of luck on those. The only problem is, a few times I ordered 3 games, for total shipping of $4.99. Two of the games were cancelled, and they only took off $1 for those two games, charging me $2.99 for the one game I did get. This isn't a tragedy, but it is kind of annoying because I used the average shipping when figuring out whether I really wanted to purchase the games.

The other issue I have had is with purchasing new games. More than 10 of the "new" games I have purchased from them over the last couple months came to me used. They offered to refund me the money, but in some cases I just wanted to keep the game, because they didn't have any more new copies in stock. To their credit, they did offer me a refund and not make me send some of the games back.

I still plan to order from them in the future, but just be prepared that you may have to call them a lot to fix things...

I put in an order last round of this deal for 3 PS3 games. Two of them came and the third item I got was a classical audio CD with a packing slip for someone in another state. I contacted support and sent the item back out the same day using their free return shipping label...a month later and they still have not received the returned item, and it looks like they won't send the game out until they get their item back. I was in a rush to get it back out and didn't note what type of shipping was paid for with the return label, but considering it's taken over a month for the item to get back to them it must've been media mail. This is probably an oddball case, but in the event it does happen: it sucks...I just hope I get the game before the price drops another $4.

[quote name='addicted2games']I must be one of the only ones to have crappy luck with used games at gohastings.com being scratched or incomplete. It must be because I am ordering older PS2 games. Maybe I should stick with DS, PS3, or PSP games as those dont scratch as easily or not at all.[/QUOTE]

I have experienced similar issues with previous generation titles (xbox, ps2, and gamecube). I kept fewer than half of the items I ordered. A few were missing either the original case or manual, but the primary issue was that the discs were either noticeably scratched or resurfaced. The resurfaced ones didn't have the customary swirl pattern on the back like you would find at gamestop....

I wouldn't count on getting used older generation titles in truly mint/pristine condition.

If you have issues with any of the products you order from goHastings.com you can call our customer service number and they will be glad to help you (877)-HASTINGS (427-8464)

[quote name='bruceg']I have experienced similar issues with previous generation titles (xbox, ps2, and gamecube). I kept fewer than half of the items I ordered. A few were missing either the original case or manual, but the primary issue was that the discs were either noticeably scratched or resurfaced. The resurfaced ones didn't have the customary swirl pattern on the back like you would find at gamestop....

I wouldn't count on getting used older generation titles in truly mint/pristine condition.[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, the last go-round I got three PS2 games (Grandia II, III, La Pucelle Tactics) and all were mint except for some slight wear on the case of La Pucelle Tactics. It's true you don't know what you're going to get, but if you know that going in it shouldn't be a problem. That's what used means after all.

I myself am going through a problem with gohastings. I got in on this same deal a few weeks ago. I got the 2 games I paid full price for in an extremely timely manner (3 or 4 days) and was more than happy. I got an email saying they shipped my 3rd game ($1 game) and I am now 3 weeks out and still waiting. I called the help line and they said they would refund me my $1, not the shipping or what I paid on the other games or at least give me a discount on the other games just the $1. I explained why that upset me and they said they would send out another one. I called back to verify if it had been sent (I was told I would not receive an email) and I've been given the "we'll
call you back when I find out what's going on" (this is a week after I called initially).

The 2 games I received were great quality. Discs and manuals in great condition. One case was cracked, but I assume that's the post office's fault. I want to do business again, and we'll see how this turns out (I do have faith that it will turn out well as the Reps have been very considerate).

bread's done
Back