Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype - PSN Exclusive Shmup - May 25 - $12.99

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/14/soldner-x-flies-again-on-psn/

About Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype:

Twenty years after the Virus Wars, you return to Gota IV as part of the newly formed Söldner-X defense force. Your mission: to free the galaxy from the D'aarg, a technologically superior race that is threatening mankind. Staged across seven unique action-loaded levels, Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype delivers a must-have, shoot' em up experience, blending classic gameplay with the astonishing audio-visual capabilities of the PlayStation®3 system.

Key features:

• Seven unique action-loaded levels with fierce boss battles, staged across underwater worlds, ice caves, tunnel worlds, space and other deadly scenarios.
  • Unlock bonus features in challenge mode, ranging from useful to prestigious rewards.
  • High definition graphics with 3D backgrounds in up to 1080p, combined with addictive, classic 2D gameplay.
  • Dynamic score-linked difficulty system, making the game accessible for newcomers, yet challenging and rewarding for hardcore gamers.
  • Two new playerships with distinct characteristics and weapon systems to choose from.
  • A new bullet pattern system that requires more skill than ever.
  • Brand new limit attacks and fourfold chaser system to face the most dangerous tasks.
  • Detailed online high score ranking tables and replay file sharing.
  • Hidden bonus elements, including a tribute to Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.
  • Adrenaline pumping soundtrack with 30 unique tracks and hundreds of dedicated sound effects.
  • Multilingual text support: English voiceover with English, French or German subtitles.

Loved the first game, so I'm looking forward to a sequel.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is nice... I was going to buy part 1, but I haven't done so... I wish that they'd do a deal where you can buy part 2 and get part 1 half off or something.

I enjoyed the first one. It had just the right amount of cheese factor (the mocking game show host-style commentary), and sorta reminded me of an old Amiga game or something. I'll definitely grab the sequel.

It's anally hard (that didn't came out right :lol:), but it looks great. I'm glad that they have this easy patch (basically, it gives more continues if you play more). I don't know about part two, but they better make the trophies a bit easier to get.

damn.. why won't they drop the price of the first game... I keep waiting and waiting for it to drop to 4.99 or hell maybe even 7.99. But hey, I think I might just bite the bullet and buy it next pay check. This system needs more SHUMPS... badly!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/04/14/soldner-x-2-final-prototype-coming-to-psn-in-may/

Hi everyone, this is Tet from eastasiasoft. In partnership with SideQuest Studios, I’ve been co-producing our upcoming PS3 shoot ‘em up game Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype, expected to hit the PlayStation Network in the coming month.

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype is the successor to our 2008 released PS3 game Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (yes, unless you are fluent in German, that was the game with the impossible-to-pronounce name). Gameplay wise Söldner-X 2 is taking you back to the roots of the classical 2D shoot ‘em up (or also referred to as ’shmup’) genre, audio-visually combined with what the PS3 has to offer. In this horizontal-scrolling shmup, it’s your mission to protect the galaxy from the D’aarg, a technologically superior race that is threatening mankind.

To leave it plain and simple for now, during the seven stages of the game, you can expect nothing but pure action with hundreds of enemies to shoot down, thousands of bullets to evade and huge boss battles to be fought.

Well, I guess I could go on and on for a while, so I’m trying to make it short. In Söldner-X 2 you can expect high-definition graphics with classical 2D gameplay, combined with 3D backgrounds in up to 1080p, exciting bullet patterns that require your best skills, powerful weapons, limit attacks and fourfold chaser system, a newly-designed chaining system, detailed online high score ranking tables with replay file sharing, an adrenaline pumping soundtrack with 30 unique tracks and so much more.

Finally, I’m pleased to present you a first look at Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype in action. Check out our launch trailer and don’t forget to watch out for Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype when it’s hitting the PlayStation Store in May 2010. As you can probably feel, I’m already more than excited!
This will be out next month and there's a trailer in the article for those interested in seeing the game in action. Looks like the levels are a bit more about the action and less about being challenging to navigate and avoiding walls.

Release date and pricing has been announced:
eastasiasoft, Hong Kong based publisher of interactive entertainment, announced today that their PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system exclusive, shoot 'em up game, Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype, is touching down on the PlayStation®Network in North America on May 25th, at a price of only $12.99. A European launch is confirmed for May 26th at €12.99/ £9.99.

For more product details, including the launch trailer and screenshots, visit the game's official website at http://www.soldner-x.com/sx2/.

Further in-depth information can also be found on the official Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype blog at http://soldner-x2.blogspot.com/.

About Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype:

Twenty years after the Virus Wars, you return to Gota IV as part of the newly formed Söldner-X defense force. Your mission: to free the galaxy from the D'aarg, a technologically superior race that is threatening mankind. Staged across seven unique action-loaded levels, Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype delivers a must-have, shoot' em up experience, blending classic gameplay with the astonishing audio-visual capabilities of the PlayStation®3 system.

Key features:

• Seven unique action-loaded levels with fierce boss battles, staged across underwater worlds, ice caves, tunnel worlds, space and other deadly scenarios.
  • Unlock bonus features in challenge mode, ranging from useful to prestigious rewards.
  • High definition graphics with 3D backgrounds in up to 1080p, combined with addictive, classic 2D gameplay.
  • Dynamic score-linked difficulty system, making the game accessible for newcomers, yet challenging and rewarding for hardcore gamers.
  • Two new playerships with distinct characteristics and weapon systems to choose from.
  • A new bullet pattern system that requires more skill than ever.
  • Brand new limit attacks and fourfold chaser system to face the most dangerous tasks.
  • Detailed online high score ranking tables and replay file sharing.
  • Hidden bonus elements, including a tribute to Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.
  • Adrenaline pumping soundtrack with 30 unique tracks and hundreds of dedicated sound effects.
  • Multilingual text support: English voiceover with English, French or German subtitles.
$13 seems like a bit much, but it sounds like they're adding some more content than the original had.

[quote name='Thomas96']I wish they'd put the first game on sale...[/QUOTE]
seriously...I've been waiting for a drop for a long time.
The new one looks great though. eventually going to get both of these.

Has anyone played this? I think this game was a bit easier compared to the original, though it's still a solid game! Now to begin the hunt for the secret keys once again... ;)

[quote name='nakanenui']If you buy off amazon can it be game shared?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the game is shareable. Just make sure that when you get the code, you enter it on the account you plan on sharing. ;)

This is a lot of fun, as they seemed to have taken any issues that people had to heart for the sequel. Secret keys are easier to get now that they say new right under them that they're new or not and the difficulty has been toned down a bit. I've gotten through 5 stages on Normal when I had to level up a bit on the easiest difficulty in the first game to get close to beating it.

The new chain system is weird since there's no need to switch weapons and I'm getting hit more when I'm trying to grab the chain rings when they pour out of enemies. :whistle2:(

Edit: :whistle2:( at getting a cliffhanger because I haven't gotten enough keys to unlock the last two stages. I guess I need to play more to see how many I can grab while also getting to level 3. I've unlocked two challenges so far and they seem tough (one is asking me to get through the first three stages without losing a ship on Normal).

That one challenge isn't even that hard. I've completed that challenge on my first try, though I think when it's tagged as (Normal), that's more of an indicator of how hard the challenge is if anything. Don't quote me on it, it's just what I think. ;)
When I attempted that challenge, it didn't seem that much harder than the first time I plowed through those first three stages, sans the challenge. It's probably because I had it on the easiest difficulty in the options menu.

I had better get cracking, I got to the end of the first one and died and haven't gone back to try again...

bread's done
Back