MVP Baseball 2005 PS2-XB-GC-PC for $24.99 @ outpost

Yankeez

CAGiversary!
Outpost has MVP Baseball for the PS2-XBOX-GC for $24.99 shipped for pre-order. They also have the PC for $22.99 shipped. EB and GameStop have the same game on pre-order for $49.99.

Click Me

That's pretty cool that it's only $25 to compete with ESPN. I might get MVP instead of ESPN now, as I really enjoyed MVP 2004.

Does anyone know what game will be better, ESPN or MLB?

Well From most reviews they say ESPN really took a step backwards last year and MVP made a great stride forward and had the best game, but this year it really looks like both companies have produced great games, so I guess we have to wait till the reviews to see :D

Looks like this might MSRP at $29.99. Anyway, thanks OP, I placed my order:

MVP Baseball 2005 - Xbox 1 $24.99 $24.99
subtotal $24.99

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tax $1.75
Ground Shipping
(via Airborne Express) $6.14
Shipping Savings
(via Airborne Express) -$6.14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

total $26.74

-----------------------

I'll also take a stab at MLB 2K5 for $14.99 with Best Buy's GGC coupon.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Looks like this might MSRP at $29.99. Anyway, thanks OP, I placed my order:

MVP Baseball 2005 - Xbox 1 $24.99 $24.99
subtotal $24.99

tax $1.75
Ground Shipping
(via Airborne Express) $6.14
Shipping Savings
(via Airborne Express) -$6.14

total $26.74

-----------------------

I'll also take a stab at MLB 2K5 for $14.99 with Best Buy's GGC coupon.[/quote]

How did you get free shipping?

Hmm... Already pre-ordered it at GameStop with free overnight shipping... I'll wait to see if GameStop changes the price as the release date approaches. I also just pre-ordered MLB 2K5 for 20 bucks from GameStop as they just updated the price on that game.

By the way, is anyone familiar with how Outpost is when shipping out pre-orders? Do they get games in on their release date? I was apprehensive about this when it came to pre-ordering Madden '05. I'm thinking about canceling the GameStop order I have and picking up MVP here with overnight shipping....

I preordered San Andreas from them and I believe they shipped it out the day after its release. I had the free shipping for that and it came in like 3 days, so it was well worth it at $34.99.

IGN has a really awesome movie up of the new spring training modes. I was initially going to wait a bit to buy a baseball game but if MVP really is $30 then I'll buy that right away.

Outpost also has GT4 for $39.99, might as well get them both.

Thanks for the tip, lionheart. I found out that if I ordered with overnight shipping through Outpost, it would come to 34.63, whereas my current order comes to $54.10

That savings of 20 bucks could be put towards GT4 for sure... However, I have a feeling GameStop may switch their price soon as well... Usually Outpost pre-orders are 5 bucks cheaper, sometimes 10. However, half price! This game will have to be retailing at $39.99 if not $29.99!

I figure even if the game does retail at $29.99, its worth it to pay the $25 with free shipping and no tax. It may only be $5 cheaper but it also saves a few on tax, and the price probably wont drop right away either.

I'll buy which ever one gets the better reviews. Hell, maybe I'll buy both...

Go easy on the multipple copy orders theres rumors that the game is going to retail at $29.99 everywhere whens its released

Wel'll see....

Weird, price remains the same at both EBGames and GameStop. We'll have to wait it out to see them both drop to 30 bucks to be for sure.

Seems to me this deal may be dead because while it says that it's 22.99 for the PC, when I go to order it my final price is 31.86.

Make sure you set your shipping to ground mva5580, they try to start it out with 2 day, which is not free.

EDIT: This is not as great of a deal as I though it was initially, if the MSRP is indeed going to $30. Does anyone think that this game will be on sale somewhere for $20 within the first couple weeks of coming out?

i'm sure it's possible the PC version might be around 20 bucks within a month after release (that's usually how pc games work from experience) but consoles, i know PS2 and Xbox might do a sale within the month on the game, but GC owners have to wait much longer, the only negative of owning a GC is that games don't go on sale as often as PS2/Xbox games.

i pre-ordered it for 25, no tax, no shipping.. b/c it would've been the same price if i used the GGC from best buy.. saves me from using one of stockpile, so i can use it for a future game

Yep, seems as if Outpost raised it back up to $29.99 and Wal-Mart is giving a break of 17 cents with a prices of $29.82. I'm just going to probably wait for GameStop to drop their price, because I have the overnight shipping there. I expect that by Tuesday all sites will drop it down to 30 bucks.

I went with ESPN this year. I actually liked last years game. Maybe I'll take a rent at MVP.....and if I like it better, I'll go with it.

hmmm wierd they raised the price to $29.99 sunday morning by sunday night it was back to $24.99, now it looks like its back to $29.99 again

[quote name='Yankeez']When you guys check your order status does it say backordered?[/quote]

Outpost's pre-orders always say that until the game realeases.

Honestly, it'll say that for about a week after the game releases. That's the downside to the Outpost pre-order deals - slow-ass order fulfillment.

If they send you that out of stock/backordered thing for a preorder, does that mean it will take a long time after release for you to actually get it?

Great news for me. This was a game I was willing to pay full price for and now I'll have an extra $20 to pick up something else.

If you go to outpost soon, you can get MVP 2005 for PC ONLY now for 19.99!! I just pre-ordered mine and am QUITE happy right now.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']Great news for me. This was a game I was willing to pay full price for and now I'll have an extra $20 to pick up something else.[/quote]

same here my friend, same here :)

[quote name='jaybird']When does that exclusive MLB deal with Take Two go into effect? I'm hoping this has real teams & players.[/quote]
That goes into effect next year in 2006 not this year, obviously they wouldnt have manny ramirez on the cover if it was this year :D

bread's done
Back