Xbox 360 Elite Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Console $400 - Amazon

KarcassmaKer

CAG Veteran
Saw this just now on the amazongames twitter. Pretty cool stuff:

Just announced! Check out all the details on the Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 250GB Elite console

Available for release date delivery.

Here's whats in the box:

• Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console with exclusive Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Design
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Standard Edition (Rated "M" for Mature.)
  • 250GB HD
  • 2 Black Wireless Controllers
  • 1 Black Xbox 360 Wired Headset
  • 1 Ethernet Cable
  • 1 Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable
  • Free one month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold (Xbox LIVE Silver subscription is included with console)
  • Free Netflix trial offer

Last edited by a moderator:
not a bad deal at all, 400 for 2 wireless controllers a console 250 gb hd and the game as well as more.......the hd alone would probably cost 200 or more

B002I0HDLE.01.lg.jpg

B002I0HDLE.02.lg.jpg

Available for pre-order now:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0HDLE

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']"Only post specific deals."[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure the game ($60) + 1 extra controller ($50) + 250GB hard drive (? - probably $200 since the 120GB is $150) + an Elite with a controller ($299) for $400 is good DEAL

Looks sort of stupid. I'm not sure I want a console emblazoned with -

HIGH SPEED - LOW DRAG
Taskforce 141

I guess that appeals to some people

I think this gives some credence to the 250GB HD Elite that's been making its way around the Internet, since I'm sure we'll be seeing it before too long.

For another $100, you get a $60 game, a $40 controller and a little more than 2x the HD capacity of an Elite. Pretty good deal.

more from amazongames twitter - you can get this on release day:
Get it the day it comes out! Xbox 360 MW2 Limited Edition 250GB Elite is available for Release-Date Delivery

Thank Christ they got rid of that shitty chrome disk tray shit. Although, like bleak said...the stuff written on it is hit or miss.

Also, looks like supply is limited - I just pulled trigger on this

Modern Warfare 2 Console Purchase Limit Policy
In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase the Modern Warfare 2 console, we are limiting the total number of units that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase 3 Modern Warfare 2 consoles. See additional policy details

I'm kicking myself right now. Just a little over 2 months ago I dropped $430 on a Resident Evil Edition. I don't care about the writing on the MW2 edition but the game, hard drive, extra controller and 1 month XBL card.....I would have waited.

[quote name='LiquorLicks']I am waiting for the Dell.com deal on this, what a steal![/QUOTE]

Exactly...with dell coupon, you could get it for as low as $330 or so....sick deal

Damn; the console looks pretty stupid, but that's a nice package. My gut instinct tells me I must find a deal on a 250GB HD, but I still have about 40 free on my 120, so there's no need.

If I was no longer covered and I got the RROD though, I'd probably go with this mofo.

I want this bad. I for one think the "High Speed - Low Drag" on the disc tray is awesome. Also I think it's better than the chrome they've had on there.

Now I just need my current Xbox 360 to crap out. That shouldn't be asking too much.

I really like the artwork on this. Kinda reminds me of Metal Gear Solid, and gives it that sort of feel. A pretty sweet package if you ask me.

I like it, I think I'll buy it and sell off the controller and game. My 20 gig is getting a bit cramped and special edition 360s seem to be holding their worth. Now will the ECA thing work, I'm guessing it should so knock off another 40 or so on top of that.

[quote name='strikeratt']I like it, I think I'll buy it and sell off the controller and game. My 20 gig is getting a bit cramped and special edition 360s seem to be holding their worth. Now will the ECA thing work, I'm guessing it should so knock off another 40 or so on top of that.[/QUOTE]
ECA doesn't work on consoles.

hmmm seeing as my 360 refuses to not red ring, i may have to jump on this. anything to knock it to sub 400 and i think i'll be all over it.

In for one. My bro might score on my old elite. But i'm hopeing gamestop picks this up too because I want to pickup, not sure how UPS will bang around the console during shipping, and I can knock off 200 bucks with gamestop credit. And I dont know about all you people hating on the look, I think it looks sick as fuck. Way better then the resident evil and halo ones.

i dont get it. who needs 250 gb of HDD when all you're going to be playing for the whole year is modern warfare 2. It doesn't make ANY SENSE!!!! NOOO

I would be interested if it wasn't emblazoned with all the damn artwork on it. I want my console to be all but invisible in my entertainment center.

Sweet. My 360 got the RRoD a couple days ago, so I might have to get this. I'm wondering if they'll come out with a second LE console, though. Perhaps one for Assassin's Creed 2 or something. I think I'll wait a while to see if there's anything better, as this doesn't ship until November.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I would be interested if it wasn't emblazoned with all the damn artwork on it. I want my console to be all but invisible in my entertainment center.[/QUOTE]

So I'm guessing you didn't get the Resident Evil 360? ;)

Its really only gonna about 200 after I sell my 60GB pro model. So its more than a GO for me!

Just hope it comes with a transfer cable...

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw it...N41 since I can return my Elite to Sams and get a refund for the $499 I paid for it. Glad I have the data cable to transfer my stuff.

Preordered mine, but will try and see if I can snag one with the Dell coupon. I actually like the design, not tacky like the RE5 version, just some simple accents. I will just sell my current version to offset the cost.

[quote name='MrEKO73']Its really only gonna about 200 after I sell my 60GB pro model. So its more than a GO for me!

Just hope it comes with a transfer cable...[/QUOTE]

I don't think it does, only because normal Elites don't and a transfer cable is not listed in the "what you get" section. I think MS will send one if you can provide the serial number of your console, but I couldn't find anything on MS Web site to prove that.

[quote name='Wanderlai']Screw it...N41 since I can return my Elite to Sams and get a refund for the $499 I paid for it. Glad I have the data cable to transfer my stuff.[/QUOTE]

The transfer cable be used more than once? The MS site is not clear, and I seem to remember people saying the cable is a once and done thing. That seems off to me. I still have mine when I upgraded to a 120gb, but I don't have a way of seeing if it'll work a second time.

In for one. Going to be returning my recently bought Elite to Best Buy in a few days before the 30 day return policy is up. (hopefully they don't give me any problem returning it)

Getting it on Amazon.com for 399.99 + 5.99 Release Date delivery is awesome.

Way better than having to pay $324 for the regular Elite console (with tax) at Best Buy + $64 for MW2 game on release date.

With Amazon's lack of sales tax for me, getting this special edition console, 130GB more space, and a 2nd controller for $16.33 more since I was gonna buy MW2 anyway. Not a bad deal if I say so myself :) Order placed.

I haven't ordered something from Amazon in awhile.. is their Release Date Delivery usually pretty accurate?

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I haven't ordered something from Amazon in awhile.. is their Release Date Delivery usually pretty accurate?[/QUOTE]

In my experience, it's always dead on. I have never received anything after the release date with release date delivery.

I think that looks pretty sweet, still would have liked a Halo translucent green but I guess they already did that with the original xbox lol. I might pick one up in the future, I think my 360 is going downhill with the disc tray REEALLY loud now. I need 250 to install all my games on haha, only for it to be quiet!;)

These are sure to be the newest chipset right? Falcon or jasper or whatever is the latest smallest least heat one.

Was the resident evil elite with the new chip too?

Custom art isn't all that great, but the deal sure as hell is. I'm thinking about buying it and then selling off the console by itself.

If not, here's hoping that the 250gb drops the price of the 120gb.

yes, the re5 le 360 has the jasper chipset and am sure this will too. this is not worth the $400 price tag I say. I got my 360 arcade for $215 after tax and then a 120gb hd 'used' for $75. a 'used' controller can go for $20-35 or you can get it within that price range on craigslist or ebay and the game you can wait for a deal or get it for regular price as well. this is just a little bit more $ but that's if you want to spend extra for it.

bread's done
Back