- - - - -

(Mini-Con)test: Win Transformers (PS2) from CheapAssGamer! [CONTEST OVER]

#1 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   17095 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:43 PM

Here is your chance to win the new PS2 Transformers game that comes out May 11, 2004.

To enter, post your entry in this thread and tell us who is your favorite Transformer and why.
It can be from any Transformers series.
The winning entry will be chose at random.

One entry per person. Rules subject to change.
Contest ends Monday, April 19th at 11:59PM.

Check out my hands-on preview here:
http://www.cheapassg...p=117325#117325

Posted Image

#2 guessed   Newbie CAGiversary!   8168 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:55 PM

My favorite Transformer is Optimus Prime, because I honestly don't remember the names of any of the others. Yay, random!

typo

...The winning entry will be choseN at random...

/typo

#3 video_gamer324   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1504 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

video_gamer324

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:59 PM

My favorite is Optimus Prime, too, for the same reason as guessed. He looks cool enough, and I'm in no mood to look at the other guys and decide who my favorite is.
I got kicked out of cub scouts because I ate a brownie.

Check out my blog on how to build up your video game collection: VGK

BigCrumbs: Get CASH BACK shopping at GameStop, TRU, Walmart, Newegg, GameFly, and more - NO OFFERS REQUIRED!
GameTrailers: Watch trailers, reviews, and gameplay videos and get a FREE PS3, WII, or XBOX 360!

#4 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   235 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:01 PM

Soundwave, of course!

Back when it was all getting started, who didn't want that old boom-box bot w/ the cassettes that transformed into a cheetah & hawk!

Of course, later on Devastator (the original group-merge bot) was hard to resist too.

Ahhh, to be an 80s kid again. B^)

Favorite Transformer advertising: an ad sheet included w/ another Transformer proclaimed proudly that when Perceptor was transformed into a microscope, the toy would actually magnify objects "up to 1x" (ie, possibly make things smaller) :lol:

#5 eshbums   Fueled by beer CAGiversary!   1264 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:03 PM

Soundwave.
Not only did he have those cool cassettes that could pop out of his chest, but just recently I found our old (84, 85) Transformers in my parents attic, and he was the only one who really stood the test of time. Now that's strong!

#6 O-Dog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   98 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:05 PM

Cliffjumper...because it's unfair that BumbleBee got all the glory just because he was yellow and had a much fruitier name.

#7 paean   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   831 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:07 PM

My favorite is Soundwave. Cool, calculating and has 2 pets, what's there not to love?

#8 cag1000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4489 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:07 PM

Grimlock was my favorite transformer since i got him from my mom for easter way back when he first came out. It's wierd and appropriate since easter is only four days away and it reminds me of her and her kindness and support in all of my interests throughout my life. Grimlock has a little clear plastic trap door on his back that never seemed to fit the toy and didnt have a purpose. I recently learned that it was a door that was used for a little tiny micronaut guy that rode in his back from the original mold for the toy used in the pre-transformer takara toy company diaclone toy line in 1980-81. Grimlock trivia that makes him even more special to me.

http://www.cyberconexpo.com/

#9 MANIMAL   Banned Banned   2009 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:09 PM

Soundwave - My fave transformer no doubt - Tossing cassettes outta his chest and bringin the beats to tha street! Man I wish I still had my old TRANSFORMERS

#10 jeugder   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   75 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:10 PM

Soundwave is my favorite, no doubt. Why? Because he's a sweet boombox and was the first transformer I ever got! On top of that, he's a loyal follower, shows no emotion, and kicks some serious butt.

I still remember unwrapping him that wonderful Christmas morning! What kid growing up in the 80's could resist a boombox robot??

jeug

#11 Journey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   356 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:14 PM

Megatron.....he was such a bad ass........no apologies for anything......

#12 Dr Mario Kart   SD/2D Defense Force CAGiversary!   10945 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Dr Mario Kart

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:15 PM

optimus prime, he's probably almost everyones favorite. because red, white and blue firetrucks are cool

#13 Mr. Wiggly   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   122 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Mr. Wiggly

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:18 PM

Without a doubt, for me, it was Starscream. Megatron's right-hand-man with delusions of granduer. Just the whole concept of hating the autobots, yet wanting to usurp the leader of his cause creates such a wonderful conflict of interest, which is made all the more great because he was such a moron!

#14 EggViper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1081 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

EggViper

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:19 PM

hotrod, when i used to watch this show when i was like 8 i used to love that he transformed into that car. and ofcourse he destroyed that big planet robot thing. starscream and soundwave were really cool too.

#15 dragon_image18   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   117 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

dragon_image18

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:21 PM

Hot Shot is the best transformer. He is the fastest one in the group plus he will stop wahtever he is doing to check out any hot looking red car out there. Wouldn't any guy out there stop to check out a hot red car? Exactly.

#16 maxgle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   986 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

my is Destron, cause I vividly remember his favorite motto: “If you haven’t tasted my wrath that means you still have a tongue!”

man, that is one machine with attitude!!

In his robot mode he usually carries a massive double-barrel plasma rifle. This weapon can release blasts of energy with enough power to burn an entire forest to ashes!! and when he get his chance and bonded with his dinosaur pretender shell, Gairyu takes on the form of an ankylosaurus!! at that state he is simply bad ass!

just like me.. a bad ass.. lol

#17 GSJaia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

I love all of the transformers because they are more than meets the eye, AND they are robots in disguise. How cool is that? ;)

#18 Staind204   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2061 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:22 PM

Optimus Prime. He looks cool AND hes tough :)

#19 abrannan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

abrannan

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:22 PM

Starscream. It's all about the voice.

#20 daytripp13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

daytripp13

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:23 PM

Optimus Prime. Because I still remember getting the toy on Christmas day...good times.

And I still love Transformers. Collecting the DVDs now.
--==- -==-- -=--=- --==- -==--
Now Playing: Halo 2
Now Listening: The Beatles: Let It Be
XBL Tag: PeaceFrogSoul
--==- -==-- -=--=- --==- -==--
http://users.ign.com...ection/SoNiCstp

#21 mattatskul   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   56 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

mattatskul

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:24 PM

I'm gonna go with Starscream...he was money!

#22 soulyogurt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   274 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

soulyogurt

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:24 PM

I'd have to say Megatron... Mostly because I was all behind that 'destroying the Autobots' thing. Rah, team. Go!
Posted Image
www.entertainingart.com
www.thearcsolano.orgPosted Image

#23 Theenternal   CAG got me pregnant CAGiversary!   2543 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Theenternal

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:26 PM

Wheel Jack,
-Has a Ninja Like face
-Talks with his Ears
-Built the dinobots
-His car form is a Lancer!
-Could have saved prime in the movie! IMO, because Perceptor doesnt know anything about autobot medicine, he needs to stick to chemistry.
Posted Image
http://www.grapplemo...yevtakayama.gif

Removed IMG tags due to sig guideline violations.

#24 Cromaa   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Starscream definitely. Pure evil with an intense hatred of the Autobots and an undying want to be leader of the Decepticons at any cost. And he got to fire Megatron when he transformed into a gun! He's the man! (so to speak)

#25 droptopmetro   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   270 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

droptopmetro

Starscream, he was crazy and always tried to take over the deceptacons.

#26 jaybird   A Real CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   850 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:27 PM

I like the Dinobots myself.

Me Slag win contest!

#27 Hereticked   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Hereticked

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:28 PM

The dino-bots!!!

Because you don't mess with dinosaurs! Not even you Optimus Prime!!!

Posted Image

ROAR

:twisted:

#28 the3rdkey   Foot Cheap Ass CAGiversary!   1870 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:29 PM

My favorite transformer was Starscream. He was evil and only cared about himself like the president. :D

#29 shadd01   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   57 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:31 PM

I personally have always liked optimus prime. He was a great leader and always tried his best to make those nasty decepticons didnt get there way. oh yea

--Shadd

#30 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   10260 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:40 PM

Definitely the Constructicons. They were totally evil and cool. They formed Devastator! I used to pass this one construction yard on a highway in the car with my parents and they had a few green bulldozers. I used to imagine they were constructicons. I was also a huge fan of the ORGINIAL Transformers.

Did anyone else think it was weird that Megatron transformed into a gun? He is suppose to be this all mighty badass yet someone else had to shoot him at the autobots. It was always laughable to me.

Posted Image

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards