Survivor 19: Samoa - Official Discussion Thread

WhipSmartBanky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
The Puppet Master

The castaways arrive in Samoa and are divided into tribes; each tribe must immediately select a leader, without speaking.

It's that time of year again! New season begins tonight. Not sure if I like how much they're building up this Russell character as the big villain in the promos.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']It's that time of year again! New season begins tonight. Not sure if I like how much they're building up this Russell character as the big villain in the promos.[/QUOTE]

He sounds like the next coming of Johnny Fairplay;
Supposely he lies about being a Katrina victim

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Hope this is good since I won't be watching 20.[/QUOTE]
Why not?
[quote name='lordopus99']He sounds like the next coming of Johnny Fairplay;
Supposely he lies about being a Katrina victim
[/QUOTE]
Scum.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Why not?

.[/QUOTE]

From rumors I've read it's going to be a
all-star season
with the theme of
bringing back the douchiest possible players, ie the players I would spend all season saying "this season will be AMAZING after X is voted out." But now the whole cast will be soley those people. No thanks.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']From rumors I've read it's going to be a
all-star season
with the theme of
bringing back the douchiest possible players, ie the players I would spend all season saying "this season will be AMAZING after X is voted out." But now the whole cast will be soley those people. No thanks.
[/QUOTE]
Interesting.

Hey Rocko, if you're reading, thanks for the backup man! I almost let this one slip.

The one thing I really like about Survivor is the editing keeps the episodes moving at a really quick pace. This definitely wasn't an episode where I kept looking at the time.

[quote name='Rocko']I actually rather like Russell. That'll probably change, but for now I find him enjoyable.[/QUOTE]
I find it interesting that he calls the ones who catch on to his schtick "stupid" and it's scary how easily he was able to sway everyone else to target them. Definitely a manipulator.

One of the hottest groups of girls I can remember. I always get pissed when they vote out the good looking girls first, go after the old man! Loving crazy Russell so far drama one the first night wow.

So far THREE SEASONS IN A ROW, I have predicted the first person to get voted off. How? It is ALWAYS the hottest chick. It is so annoying... makes me not want to watch. It is like, yay something to look at. Voted off. I said the exact same thing last season. Ugh...

That redneck kid isn't going to be around long. At least Russell is a stealthy asshole. The redneck wears it on his sleeve. I do hope Russell eventually gets gangvoted out well before final four though. You know he's going after the cop lady next. She didn't gang up on Marisa like he wanted.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']That redneck kid isn't going to be around long. At least Russell is a stealthy asshole. The redneck wears it on his sleeve. I do hope Russell eventually gets gangvoted out well before final four though. You know he's going after the cop lady next. She didn't gang up on Marisa like he wanted.[/QUOTE]
The cop lady has a keen bullshit detector. He'll definitely target her next.

I want to see who Jeff disqualifies in that competition next week! He was pissed. Probably was redneck dude, the same preview had someone saying he hit a girl or something like that.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I want to see who Jeff disqualifies in that competition next week! He was pissed. Probably was redneck dude, the same preview had someone saying he hit a girl or something like that.[/QUOTE]
I cannot remember the last time someone was disqualified from a competition like that.

That Russell guy reminds me of another guy in the oil industry...

04_film1_blood.jpg

[quote name='theonlinelegend']Russell's hilarious. He weakens his tribe by sabotaging them. Hopefully he'll last awhile. He's great entertainment.[/QUOTE]
He also seems to be the most tactical player so far. He's sabotaging his own people, he's staying under the radar, throwing people under the bus...AND had the common sense to figure that like other seasons,
there's a hidden immunity idol in camp, and to not only look for it but find it immediately without waiting to be prompted by clues. Really fun to see somebody actually playing the game.

That is so badass that he got the idol. I'm worried for him seeing the previews though. Looks like the black dude that he told about the idol is organizing against him.

[quote name='Rocko']That is so badass that he got the idol. I'm worried for him seeing the previews though. Looks like the black dude that he told about the idol is organizing against him.[/QUOTE]
Indeed.

It's Called a Russell Seed

A clever lie turns a tribe against one of its harmless members; a controversial decision by one tribe's chief lands him in the crossfire back at camp.

I think this is the most interested I've been in the early episodes of a Survivor season in years.

You know, Ben is a dick, it seems, but that black chick that came to their camp last week was a gigantic bitch, and deserved every ill comment she received. And although I like Jaison, it's ridiculous that he brought race into the argument.

Well, ever since black people bastardized the term "ghetto", if a white person uses it in that context, black people consider it racist. The comment above about Kool-Aid was the extra step that proved the guy was definitely trying to be racially insensitive.

I'll agree - this season has been way better in the early episodes so far. Russell is a douche but it is fun to watch him actually play the game. I have a feeling his lies are going to come crashing down around him sooner or later - he can't keep this up. I'll be surprised if he gets to the merge but maybe not since the ads have been promoting him as the ultimate Survivor villain and I figure you have to at least make it to the merge to be in that conversation...

This Is the Man Test

Both tribes are forced to be creative in finding ways to weather the elements when a relentless rain storm batters the island.

Also looks like one of the Russells gets injured/collapses/requires medical.

Funny, Russell was of the "Who made a move to change the direction of their game?" text message poll options. Was passing out considered a move? Was backwards an acceptable direction?

So I thought a possible merge at TC tonight...but the banter was great. This has been a good season so far, actually got me re-interested in Survivor. For some reason Exile Island never did it for me.

Wow, I just noticed, there is no exile island this season. They still have that "send a member to spy on the others" shit, which is the same thing: sending someone who is on the chopping block away from camp to be rallied against.

There has to be a merge next week. It's getting boring only seeing the footage on Villain Russell's side and just a minute or two of the other tribe.

Great episode last night. I wish Laura had been the one to go, but the scrambling that resulted from her winning immunity was interesting. That was one of, if not the best, blindsides in the game's history.

Next week, it's looking bad for Russell.

Russell should have kept his idol after that other guy shot his own foot off being a total prick at tribal. He should have took the gamble, in fact it was very unlike him to NOT take that gamble. He could have kept it and played it the next week he didn't win immunity.

I hated Russell when the season started, now him and the rocket scientist dude are the only ones I'm cheering on.

This has for sure had the best TC's. May be that after 18 season the castaways are playing it up for entertainment, but I've enjoyed them regardless.

Was for sure a bad move for Russell. Wasn't in his shoes, and it seemed uncertain going into TC but it would've been worth the gamble (hindsight's 20/20). I do wonder why he told everyone he met about his immunity necklace though.

I am also rooting for Russell but the promos made it look not so good for him. I don't fault him for playing the idol - people knew he had it and wanted it out of the game and they got their wish by not telling him exactly how the vote was going to go down. Everyone would have said he was stupid if he got voted out and went home with the idol in his pocket. I almost wish you could use the idol AFTER the vote.

[quote name='javeryh']I almost wish you could use the idol AFTER the vote.[/QUOTE]

It was that way for a couple seasons. I'm not sure why they changed it.

Lol, everyone hated Russell so much and now he's everyone's favorite. He's going to be on next season too, I heard it's either All-Stars or a new "Villains" themed season.

[quote name='Ronzilla']AWESOME!!!!!!!! Tonights episode was best episode yet.
Laura's Face was PRICELESS.
[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I think that's one of my all-time favorite Survivor moments.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Agreed. I think that's one of my all-time favorite Survivor moments.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. Couldn't have SCRIPTED that better. Can't wait to see the "FIREWORKS" next week.:bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Ronzilla']AWESOME!!!!!!!! Tonights episode was best episode yet.
Laura's Face was PRICELESS.
[/QUOTE]

It is what making this season the best survivor yet.

Dang, I got tonight's episode recorded on my DVR, but I'm too addicted to MW2 to go watch it. I'll probly try and make time for it tomorrow.

[quote name='blader16']Dang, I got tonight's episode recorded on my DVR, but I'm too addicted to MW2 to go watch it. I'll probly try and make time for it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

LOL you sound like me, I got home from work and turned on MW2. I decided I probably should eat and watch survivor instead. I'm glad I did this was a great episode!

I've loved Russell since the very start when he burned everyones socks and poured out there water. Now he's flipped the game totally around AND they still don't know that he is a oil tycoon... :applause:

Does an immunity idol usually go back into play once it's used? I thought it went back into play only if someone got voted out and didn't use it, and that a used immunity idol was gone for good. Or maybe it's the other way around...

What I'm getting at here is I wonder if the producers are changing the immunity idol rules a bit so they can hide it again and see if Russell can find it.

bread's done
Back