Celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day: Free Tales 'o Monkey Island Episode 1 'n More

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-L=5198]9273[/IMG-L]This day only, Telltale be makin' Tales 'o Monkey Island: Launch 'o th' Screamin' Narwhal a free download, available on their tavern 'n Amazon.

In addition, through SeptembARrrrr 21, save 50% on th' Secret 'o Monkey Island: Special Edition on th' iTunes App Store, Steam, 'n Direct2Drive.

Even though th' game be free so thar be wee hesitation, ye can read Mrs. Shipwreck's review here.

pirate translation courtesy of postlikeapirate.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ViolentLee']Starts 4pm Pacific time on Friday the 18th. (midnight Saturday, GMT)[/QUOTE]

Nay, it's telling me I can download it tommorow.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']Is this freebie for PC or 360 (or both?)...[/QUOTE]

Game doesn't exist on 360; you're thinking of Monkey Island SE. The 'Tales of' episodic game is on PC and Wii only, this deal being just PC.

I think that the SE version is even getting a discount tomorrow. Can your steam account work on multiple PC's? I suspect I can only download the game and play on one PC. But I was thinking of using work to order it, then download when I get home.

Its free beginning at midnight GMT, which is:

6PM CST, 7PM EST, 4PM PST

(pretty sure about those times...)

That's listed pretty clearly on the page, complete with countdown clock, but just figured I'm mention it in the thread.

That site doesn't mention anything about it being available on steam for free. Hopefully steam has it and it's not just through the site.

[quote name='vherub']

the reviews place it so far as better than escape, but worse than the first three

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sounds about right. It isn't the renaissance of the graphic adventure that some hoped for, but fans of the series will most likely enjoy it.

Sounds good, thanks for the post.
151l1259.jpg

[quote name='vherub']the reviews place it so far as better than escape, but worse than the first three[/QUOTE]

I actually liked Escape. That said, the controls were horrid and the Monkey Kombat part of the game still gives me nightmares.

I'm probably going to download this, but hold on to it for a while. I know that Telltale's done boxed retail versions of some of their episodic games, and I'd hope Monkey Island gets that treatment.

[quote name='unopepito06']Nay, it's telling me I can download it tommorow.[/QUOTE]
::does the "I'm right" dance:: ;)
Only 15 minutes!

[quote name='EvilIA']I think that the SE version is even getting a discount tomorrow. Can your steam account work on multiple PC's? I suspect I can only download the game and play on one PC. But I was thinking of using work to order it, then download when I get home.[/QUOTE]

Games are tied to the Steam account. You can download and play anywhere, but you can only be logged into your account from one machine.

so, im a little lost.. got the code, but dont know where to put it.. All i can find is the 34.99 set... and it doesnt do anything there..

edit:NM got an email with the direct link. How I'd get to it without the email.. i may never know...

Cool if you already got the season pass for Tales of Monkey Island you can get an ep of another Telltale game for free instead. Guess it's time to get another ep of Same and Max.

Ryukahn: Looks like it's only available for the site.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Ryukahn: Looks like it's only available for the site.[/QUOTE]

I'll pass then, as I'd probably end up deleting it before I got around to playing it anyway.

[quote name='Ryukahn']I'll pass then, as I'd probably end up deleting it before I got around to playing it anyway.[/QUOTE]
You could always re-download it.

[quote name='gamer5389']Anyone know when we are supposed to insert the code we received?[/QUOTE]

After you install the game just login with you Telltale account and it will unlock, or you can insert the code in the serial number box on the first screen after install.

is it just me or is telltales site not loading at all?
was dling it but canceled it so i could finish dlin the brutal legend demo and monkey island SE

every time i try to dl it again from the link in the email the site doesnt load

edit: must be firefox or somethin cuz i just tried in chrome and it works perfectly fine

bread's done
Back