*for those that dont want to read, Ill give a basic breakdown after the links*

http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archivesearch/local_story_247092229.html

Follow up 1-
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archivesearch/local_story_247145546.html

Follow up 2-
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archivesearch/local_story_247173900.html

Follow up 3-
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/archivesearch/local_story_253113527.html

Basically what happened was, 4 "kids"....3 16yr olds and 1 17yr old went to a house home invasion style.

One had a legit gun, 2 had bb guns.

Just before 2am-

One of the residents of the house wakes up to the commotion and grabs his gun to investigate. When he gets out to the front room area, one of the intruders pointed a gun at him. He immediately started firing his gun and retreated.

2 died at the scene, 1 is still in the hospital to this day I believe. The 17yr old got out without a scratch and ran. When the cops showed up a few mins later, he came back, so he was caught and arrested.

Its ruled a home invasion and the resident that fired in "self defense" was not charged.

People claim that this place had an open door policy. Others claim they were drug dealers. Between the time the shots were fired, and the cops got there, put everyone on lockdown and searched the house etc etc...nothing was found to show that there was anything illegal in that house.

A statement released by the PD says that the 17yr old claims they were there to rob the place of the "high quality" weed.

Ive been following this story since it went down. I graduated where these kids went to school, and Im very familiar with the town they tried this robbery, so Im a bit interested in it.

I find it amazing that some people are trying to victimize these kids as "angels" and that they were good kids and never did anything wrong and theyre crying foul because the resident that shot and killed 2 out of the 4 isnt being charged with ANYTHING.

I dont think they deserved to die, but I do believe they brought it on themselves, and I dont feel bad about what the resident did...assuming every piece of info released is fact.

Such a shame... Even though they are kids doing some shady stuff (Breaking and entering, drug theft), they're still kids, young and stupid.

You always want to charge whoever kills with some felony, but in this case, what can you do? If he's registered, it's legal to own a gun and it was inside his own home against kids who pointed at least one of multiple gun (objects) at him.

Most people that feel the shooter should be charged for murder dont seem to get that if he hadnt shot, how as he to know they would or wouldnt have shot? It was a situation that I dont think anyone would stop and say "Hey, before we do this, can you tell me what your true intentions are? Should I shoot once? Twice? Then youll leave?"

Thats not how these situations end.

Those poor kids. All they did was carry guns into a house in the middle of the night with the intent to steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is dumb. Those kids fucking deserved it. I hate it when people try to drag down another person just because there can potentially be a small loophole just to do so. This is something I really hate about American law.

WARNING:

Pointing a gun at a homeowner inside of their home which you broke into in the middle of the night to steal something that isn't there will get your ass killed.

Mmmmmkay?

[quote name='Will']I dont think they deserved to die, but I do believe they brought it on themselves, and I dont feel bad about what the resident did...assuming every piece of info released is fact.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. If everything so far is fact, then this is definitely how it should be playing out.

However, no matter what the situation, and no matter how clear the facts are, there will always be people that blame the most blameless aspect of the situation and cause a huge shitstorm, more for their own selfish reasons than anything else.

Drugs or not, when you are the first to draw a gun (loaded or not) and the first to announce intent to use it (such as pointing it at someone), you have officially signed your life away, regardless of what your age is.

The question now might be whether each target pointed a gun at him at some point, but it seems proven that each target did have the capability to be a credible threat that retaliation with a handgun was appropriate.

~HotShotX

I blame the video games.

Seriously, they broke into someones house and pointed a gun at the owner in the middle of the night. The owner shouldn't be charged with anything.

From what you said this is a closed case. 4 fucktards burglarized a house at gunpoint. They pointed their weapons at the man (whose house it was). He defended himself. There is nothing wrong with what he did in any way. The End.

They break in someones house in the middle of the night with weapons and the owner shot them. Nothing more to discuss they deserve what they received.

Young and stupid or not, I remember knowing better than to break and enter with a gun at that age. And whether the robber has a weapon should be irrelevant because NO ONE should have to feel unsafe in their own home.. I'm all for open season on anyone breaking and entering.

The same would have happend if they pointed a gun at a cop. Hell if you even make a cop think you are going to draw a gun they shoot. It may not be to kill but they are trained to shoot. They broke into someone elses house with a gun and some fake guns that when it is dark look just like a real one. The home owner did the right thing in protecting his property, family and himself.

Most of the "discussions" Ive read are from people who claim to know them and want to portray them as "innocent angels" and wanting the homeowner charged with murder because he's a drug dealer.

Lots of those same people are claiming that the resident that shot them waited over half an hour before calling 911, which is funny because there were neighbors calling it in as it was going down.

It sucks to see young people act this way and lose their life but at what point will people start pointing the finger at the 4 kids involved and even the parents.

shit happens and those kids got what was coming to them. if they had gotten the jump on the home owner hed have been killed more than likely and then the story would be diff. long story short they broke in and got shot for it because they had what looked to be guns.

now if they had run away from him and he chased them down and then shot id feel differently but whn youre in your home and someone takes it upon themselves to do that fuck em. its bad enough to not feel safe in the world but home is the one place everyone likes to feel safe and comfortable in. let their deaths be a lesson to others who may try that.

i always wonder if people were allowed to walk around with guns how quick would people be to commit crimes or start shit. yeah theres always going to be a few dumbasses trying to play cowboy but i think overall things would be alot safer or if the death penallty were active in all states and practiced.

There is no reason to enter a stranger's home that early in the morning with weapons unless you are on a fucking SWAT team.

Looks like case closed. The kids had it coming to them.

Did anyone even ask where the kids got the guns in the first place? I wouldn't be against charging the parents for leaving firearms unsecured.

Why is there even a discussion here? People break into your house and point a gun at you, you shoot them. The fact that they are teens doesn't matter. It couldve been a wheelchair bound chimp, a overweight gnome, and a banana tree, you still shoot. /thread :twoguns:

(Although, if a wheelchair bound cimp, an overweight gnome and banana tree walk into my hosue, I'm thanking my dealer for some flame pot ;))

bread's done
Back