Micro Center LIVE Point Cards 9.19.2009.

wild homes

CAGiversary!
Micro Center is selling Microsoft's 1600 LIVE points cards for $9.99, and the 4000 LIVE points cards for $39.99... I purchased three of the 4000 point cards today, and the cashier _did_ have to get authorisation from his supervisor (apparently they weren't ringing up correctly and had to be adjusted) but all the items DO have sku-correct price tags on them for the above prices and it was confirmed to me that it was not an error. This was at the Houston location.

If this is a repost, I apologise. I don't have time to search it up properly at the moment, on my way out the door.

EDIT: If you are looking to buy or sell these codes, we now have a thread for just that purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still sounds like an error until someone shows it's an advertised price. Doubt other stores will have it at that price

Damn, my Microcenter is a good 45 mins away from me. Last and only time I went out there was when they had the $400 pro 360 for $200. Be nice to save on MS points, but thats too much of a drive for me.

I suppose if I go over that direction anytime soon, but doubtful it will be those prices and if it is they're probably all gone anyway...

crap i passed by microcenter (houston location) today and was gonna stop for some DL DVD's. hopefully if i go right now i can get in on the deal.

[quote name='Poor2More']I doubt this is legit, probably just wrong signage...this is even cheaper then the scammers where selling them for[/QUOTE]

Why? Micro Center's had some really low prices before (like The Beatles: Rock Band for $40 the week it came out). It could be a mistake, but it could just as well be legit.

Local Micro Center ( Santa Clara ) says 1600 = $12.95 and 4000 = $39.99. Not too bad of a deal. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='goMaki']Local Micro Center ( Santa Clara ) says 1600 = $12.95 and 4000 = $39.99. Not too bad of a deal. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Great. Now it's YMMV, which means my store won't do it at all. :lol:

[quote name='goMaki']Local Micro Center ( Santa Clara ) says 1600 = $12.95 and 4000 = $39.99. Not too bad of a deal. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Did you ask how many 1600's they have left?

Too bad the 4000 isn't on sale

Lol so 3 1600 cards is 4800 points for 39 bucks? Great deal on the 4000's :)

[quote name='zenintrude']can someone grab me some 4000 point cards??? PM ME!!![/QUOTE]

I don't know why people still bother with this, no one ever, EVER, picks up stuff for other people...yet there are always tons of people begging in every thread. It's annoying as hell.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I don't know why people still bother with this, no one ever, EVER, picks up stuff for other people...yet there are always tons of people begging in every thread. It's annoying as hell.[/QUOTE]
Some people do. Just because you're an ass doesn't mean everyone else is, too.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I don't know why people still bother with this, no one ever, EVER, picks up stuff for other people...yet there are always tons of people begging in every thread. It's annoying as hell.[/QUOTE]

Actually, when some store in the Mid-west sold No More Heroes + Red Steel for $15, some CAG went out and picked people up some, so...

Shove that in your pipe and smoke it. Now who's post is annoying as hell?

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']If you buy cards at a B&M store, are you charged tax?[/QUOTE]

There shouldn't be. I know I haven't ever been charged tax.

[quote name='Wario64']Did you ask how many 1600's they have left?

Too bad the 4000 isn't on sale[/QUOTE]

He said they had 7 1600 and 2 4000 when I called.

im offering someone nearly 15$ for them to do it for me so Id hope someone would hit it up.

Honestly, I'll pay a very reasonable amount for either. I really need some points! It's so hard to do W@W matchmaking w/o any DLC maps.

I too will pay reasonable prices for either kind of card. Please PM me after hooking up the people who asked before me. :)

The item number on my receipt is 312272-- this is for the 4000. The 19.99 tag on each item shares the same number. Best of luck to everyone, and no, B&M stores do not tax these cards. Cheers!

[quote name='mxpowar']Some people do. Just because you're an ass doesn't mean everyone else is, too.[/QUOTE]True but having to wait and see if the other member is going to come with the exchange expeditiously doesn't really seem worth the trouble most the time. I'm sure there are exceptions but I would hesitant to do it, but I guess sometime like a Paypal transaction would ease the sender mind.

[quote name='wild homes']The item number on my receipt is 312272-- this is for the 4000. The 19.99 tag on each item shares the same number. Best of luck to everyone, and no, B&M stores do not tax these cards. Cheers![/QUOTE]

Any chance you'll be picking any up for other CAGs?

[quote name='llNorcalSharkll']True but having to wait and see if the other member is going to come with the exchange expeditiously doesn't really seem worth the trouble most the time. I'm sure there are exceptions but I would hesitant to do it, but I guess sometime like a Paypal transaction would ease the sender mind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, especially if you have to mail out something. Points however should be easy to sell so not as much risk.

[quote name='nightmare452']Will check tomorrow at my local Microcenter, but this seems incredibly rare.[/QUOTE]

Yep .. pretty sure Your "Manager" Will Vary situations

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']If you buy cards at a B&M store, are you charged tax?[/QUOTE]

Despite what the other 2 people said, I have been charged tax on Microsoft points at Target. I think everyone is supposed to be charged tax on them when bought at a B&M store. However many stores or employees get them confused with gift cards and then don't charge the tax.

[quote name='zenintrude']Any chance you'll be picking any up for other CAGs?[/QUOTE]

I wish he would. I'm willing to pay upto $30 for a 4000 point code. He can pocket the $10 difference.

[quote name='spartan200x']Despite what the other 2 people said, I have been charged tax on Microsoft points at Target. I think everyone is supposed to be charged tax on them when bought at a B&M store. However many stores or employees get them confused with gift cards and then don't charge the tax.[/QUOTE]

I found this post rather funny. If you are or are not supposed to be charged tax for MSP cards I am unsure, I know for PSN cards you're not, but I've never bought MSP cards before in a store. The funny part is you saying that an employee can choose when to charge tax or not. They scan the item and the system does what it needs to do in terms of tax, it is 100% out of the employees hands.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I found this post rather funny. If you are or are not supposed to be charged tax for MSP cards I am unsure, I know for PSN cards you're not, but I've never bought MSP cards before in a store. The funny part is you saying that an employee can choose when to charge tax or not. They scan the item and the system does what it needs to do in terms of tax, it is 100% out of the employees hands.[/QUOTE]
One of my friends bought points at Fry's this one time and got charged tax.

Back on topic, awesome find op!

[quote name='unopepito06']I've never even heard of this place; too bad, I need some points.[/QUOTE]

I don't have most of these B&M places around either. Microcenter, FYE, Fry's, Hastings, Cotsco(sp?), gamecrazy. Sucks sometimes when you see all the deals flying around.

I think I remember reading somewhere that it depends on your state if you're charged tax on point cards or not. I'm pretty sure I've been charged tax for MSP cards in MD before, but not taxed on PSN cards.

MjC

if someone can give me reason to go to microcenter tomorrow than I will. I'd be willing to pick some up for a few cags if it is legit. But ehhh, 2% chance this is legit. Probably similar to that TRU deal with like 2 stores clearing out the old cards.

Definitely YMMV, guess I should take a swing by in the am. If my store had them at that price I'd buy every last card they have.

Guess I could go to Micro Center before hanging out with my friends tomorrow to check on this (bought RB2, points gone lol). Need to see if they have some stuff in stock since I'm going to start ordering parts for my computer the middle of this week anyway...

bread's done
Back