2 Credit Cards in my Wii - How do I get them out?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I got one out but the other is jammed in there pretty far. Any ideas on how to get it out? If I open up the Wii can I get in the DVD slot?

My son jammed 2 toy credit cards into the thing - he had to get the lock off of the door to get at the Wii and then find something thin to stick in there and actually do it. Unreal.

My bros infant son put a bunch of change in his. He had to take the front off(which he ended up replacing). Found something like $1.3x inside. :lol:

My two year old put an elmo flat fridge magnet in my ps3 a while back. I only found out when I ejected a disk and it came out on top lol.

[quote name='javeryh']I got one out but the other is jammed in there pretty far. Any ideas on how to get it out? If I open up the Wii can I get in the DVD slot?

My son jammed 2 toy credit cards into the thing - he had to get the lock off of the door to get at the Wii and then find something thin to stick in there and actually do it. Unreal.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was a joke topic at first. :lol:

My first suggestion would be Google; I saw a few links that would be relevant, but posting them would also be against the TOS because searching for guides on opening up the Wii brought up a page full of mod chip instructions. That said, there were a lot of guides both in picture and video form, and there are a few that looked useful.

Any idea how much Nintendo would charge to fix it?

[quote name='Rocko']I was expecting you selling your Wii and wondering how to get your CC info off of the system. Whoops.
[/QUOTE]
ha, I thought the same thing. My son sticks pennies in everything, cdplayer slots, usb ports, etc......haven't touched the wii in months.....maybe I should check it out. Sorry, but I got no help for ya OP, take it apart I guess.

[quote name='Danil ACE']Shake your wii vigorously while smacking its side with your right hand.[/QUOTE]

quagmire.jpg

Hey! Your Wii finally has something worth a damn in it! Seriously though.... tweezers, needle nose pliers, etc and pull slowly. I don't know if I would risk opening my console unless it is a last resort.

Thanks guys. Does anyone know if I do open it up if I will actually be able to get in there or is the DVD drive kind of one big piece? If I can't definitely get in I'd rather not open it up...

Yeah right .. your "kid" put the credit cards in there. We know you were visiting the Wii Store and couldn't figure out how to pay.

:whee:

[quote name='javeryh']Thanks guys. Does anyone know if I do open it up if I will actually be able to get in there or is the DVD drive kind of one big piece? If I can't definitely get in I'd rather not open it up...[/QUOTE]

Even if the DVD drive is one piece you can always just open it up too....

here is a full teardown of the Wii with pics: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo-Wii/812/1

[quote name='Rocko']I was expecting you selling your Wii and wondering how to get your CC info off of the system. Whoops.

This reminds me of a story I read a while back where some woman actually jammed her credit card into her Wii while trying to add points to it.

http://www.destructoid.com/woman-tries-to-use-wii-as-a-credit-card-machine-fails-116261.phtml[/QUOTE]

You'd be surprised how often this happens.

At my work (public library) we have computers that the public can access for free, along with internet. But, they have to pay money if they want to print anything. This is where the dumbassedry comes in. I can't tell you how many times we've had to call a PC repairman because some dumbass shoved their credit or library card into the computer CD Rom drive or floppy disk drive and got it stuck, trying to pay for their print jobs. All because people are too lazy to walk to the cash register 30 feet away to pay. (I don't even want to think how much of our tax dollars go to repairman for this stupidity every year).

One time I was on vacation and I saw a hotel guest sliding their credit card through the room car key reader at their room's door to try and pay for their room service.

People like to stick their credit cards in ANYTHING if they think they can make a payment.

And after reading this thread, I'm going to make sure all my consoles are locked up or in high places when kids visit.

Ah, this reminds me of cleaning french fries out of the PS2 at the home of the kids I used to babysit. Anyhoo- if you can still see the card, I'd be trying a thin pair of pilers, tweezers, or maybe some sort of hair clip/paper clip- anything you can clamp down of the edge with. You might also try a fingermail file shaped something (don't use a real one, I'd be afraid of scratching the laser- but something thin and stiff like that.) Shuffle the card back and forth by pushing one side, then the other- this should wiggle it slowly forward.

If you can't really see it anymore- I'd just call Nintendo, and chalk it up as an expensive accident. (It'd be funny if hitting eject worked.)

Toy credit cards? Back in my day we played with toy money, how the times have changed.

I was thinking that maybe if you put the Wii on its side and then insert a long thin piece of cardboard (like a soft drink box) so it touches the side of the drive that is up, you could then flip the Wii onto it's other side and if your lucky the card would land and rest on the card board and be able to be slid out.

bread's done
Back