Terminator Salvation for Xbox 360 $20 at Amazon

h3llbring3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Sa..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1253485304&sr=8-1

Not a fantastic game, but if you like shooting T-xxxx's then it might be worth it at this price.

512CZGxHHdL._AA280_.jpg

Not that I'm talking about this game specifically, but this goes in the LONG list of games that go on sale for great prices when PS3 owners get shafted on game sales. Probably from the margin of profit on DVD9 vs. Blu-ray, but still...:bomb:

Even with ECA discount it's not worth it people. Save your money. You'll be fighting same stupid flying robots and four legged robots throughout the entire game. Game is really bad. Loading is atrocious as game loads everytime you die. Voice works is terrible as the mouths don't even move. Even for easy achievements the game is bad. I can't stress enough how bad the game is.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Yea, I think you would really have to be a fan to get any enjoyment out of it.[/QUOTE]

Im a huge Terminator fan and hated the game, worth a rental at best because this game is absolutely terrible.

ouch. so are you saying I shouldn't get it? :p If you buy a movie game w/o checking out the review, you get what you deserve. I checked it, and I ain't buying.

[quote name='KarcassmaKer']Chalk this up as some cheap achievements. Bought it for $18 with ECA[/QUOTE]
Easy peasey cheeses? That's another story- if they are easy.

[quote name='benjamouth']Easy peasey cheese? Yes please.

Thanks Op, picked this up with ECA, mostly for the cheesemints.[/QUOTE]

Easy peasey in the sense that you just have to beat the game on Easy, then use a second gamertag and you can get the achievements for beating the game on normal and hard. As others have said, this game is definitely rental only. I made the mistake of almost getting it off Goozex but I rented it first and beat it within 6 hours, getting all 1000 achievement points. I even thought the rental price was way too high.

Not that this game is unplayable, it's just sloppy gamemaking. It's repetitive and dull and doesn't follow the movie plot at all. Someone else said you shoot the same enemies over and over and I thought for sure that couldn't be true, but it is. You shoot flying robots, spider robots, and T1000s the ENTIRE game. There is no other enemy except for turrets.

$20?? You gotta be kiding me. $10 max max. Worst deal I've seen these last days, nevertheless thanks for sharing

this game is definitely only a rental. the only way I would have bought this is if I found it at that HWV $5 sale.

[quote name='Shimrra']Honestly i would pick this game up when it hits the $10 price tag.[/QUOTE]
Me too..20 bucks is pushing it

I agree with just about everyone in here. This game is no where near worth $20. If I'm not mistaken, all it has is a short single player campaign, lol.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Easy peasey in the sense that you just have to beat the game on Easy, then use a second gamertag and you can get the achievements for beating the game on normal and hard. [/QUOTE]

Actually, you can finish it on Hard with a Co-op Partner, took me 4 hours =/. Horrible game, not even worth $20.

[quote name='dn3g3l']is this game wost than matt hazzard eat lead?[/QUOTE]

I never played this game and even at $20 I won't, but I got Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard for the $10 (or was it $20?) at BB and I enjoyed the game for the dialog. The gameplay could have been better, but it was a gem of a game simply for the dialog.

[quote name='dn3g3l']is this game wost than matt hazzard eat lead?[/QUOTE]

I rented this and Eat Lead over the summer with the Blockbuster summer escape deal. Eat Lead was actually somewhat enjoyable. my only complaint with that game was that it was consistently OK. never really good, never really bad. just constantly in that 'meh' state; not the kind of game I would like to play again.

Terminator Salvation, however, was flat out terrible. The only redeeming quality about this game is that it only lasted about 4 and a half hours. That rental ended up costing me $2.50, and I grossly overpaid for that. Wouldn't want to own this game, ever. If I had to get it though, I wouldn't pay a penny over $5.

If I didn't spend so much money the past few weeks and be spending more on games in the next few weeks I would pick this up for 20. However the way I see it they made a game based off of a movie that sucked so the game has to be shit. All other movie games have sucked in the past and some of them were based off of good movies.

As for the "You shoot flying robots, spider robots, and T1000s the ENTIRE game." What do you expect. In the movie they fought the same things. They would shoot at and blow up Flying HKs, Ground HKs, T-. To expect to shoot more is expecting to much.

Like I said I would get this but spent to much already. I will pick this up at some point but for no more than 20 bucks. I only want to see how bad it is and how much they are shitting on two of my favorite movies of all time being Terminator and T2.

i got this from gamefly....it wasnt worth the postage it cost to send it...the game is ridiculously short...terrible on all fronts imo

I own it. While it's not high quality, it is still somewhat fun. I enjoyed Blacksite as well. Probably have to really like that type genre to enjoy less polished games like this.

$10 max for this game, it is an easy 1000 pts though for anyone looking for achievements. Campaign takes like 3-4 hours even the hardest mode.

[quote name='dn3g3l']is this game wost than matt hazzard eat lead
3fWwqrYHS.gif
?[/QUOTE]

Yeah its pretty crap, but its worth $20 for a bash.

[quote name='wolvinator']I own it. While it's not high quality, it is still somewhat fun. I enjoyed Blacksite as well. Probably have to really like that type genre to enjoy less polished games like this.[/QUOTE]

Finally a like minded individual. Twenty bucks is my sweet spot. The biggest issue I had was the load times. They are long and you had to go through them everytime you died. I also enjoyed Blacksite, Dammation, Haze and Fracture so some may question my taste. I plays games for fun, so as long as I am getting some enjoyment, it's all good.

This game sucks even for a rental. IF you are an achievement whore, though, this is right up your ally. Takes about 5 hours or so to get all 1000 GP. They are all story related and you cannot miss them.

[quote name='wolvinator']I own it. While it's not high quality, it is still somewhat fun. I enjoyed Blacksite as well. Probably have to really like that type genre to enjoy less polished games like this.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be kidding. Blacksite Area 51 is pure garbage. I was such a huge fan of the first, and was really looking forward to the sequel, but after playing knew that this wasn't even anything remotely close to the first.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I never played this game and even at $20 I won't, but I got Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard for the $10 (or was it $20?) at BB and I enjoyed the game for the dialog. The gameplay could have been better, but it was a gem of a game simply for the dialog.[/QUOTE]

When was Eat Lead $10?

I see games like this and Eat Lead like watching B movies. You know they aren't as good as others out there, but you still get some enjoyment out of them for what they are.

[quote name='stryffe2004']i also enjoyed blacksite, dammation, haze and fracture so some may question my taste. I plays games for fun, so as long as i am getting some enjoyment, it's all good.[/quote]

wow!

[quote name='TobalRox']I see games like this and Eat Lead like watching B movies. You know they aren't as good as others out there, but you still get some enjoyment out of them for what they are.[/QUOTE]

This game is not even on the same plane as Eat Lead. There's no enjoyment to be had in TS.

bread's done
Back