FYE: XBOX 360 & PS3 Games - Cheap, Free or Make Money AR

Kayotick

CAGiversary!
I was able to get WWE Smackdown 2009 featuring ECW, Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet with this offer. I ended up charging about $50 to my credit card for all 3 of them and I just have to mail in a separate rebate slip for all. They actually paid me to get one of the games. There was a $30 rebate on Smackdown and they sold it to me for $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mywhitenoise']hmm, do they have any GOOD games as part of the offer?[/QUOTE]

Saint's Row is a very good game, and plenty of people like lost planet.

I don't know if this exclusive to the store I was at in Albany, NY but then I went over to another FYE down the road and they had nothing similar.

[quote name='caltab']Saint's Row is a very good game, and plenty of people like lost planet.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you get a buddy in on it if you're going to play. I played as much co-op as I did single player and got around $75 hours out of the game. It's a little ugly and the physics don't feel as nice as GTA4, but all of that doesn't really matter when the game is so much damn fun.

F.Y.E. often has a lot of good rebates, if you can find them. I've gotten a few games for free after rebate and some for $5, the highest I paid was $10 after rebate. The process was pretty quick, had the cards back within about a month and everything went okay. I've found free games for PS3 and 360, some good deals on DS games, some okay deals on Wii and nothing on PSP.

If you purchase all of the games at the same time, you only need to do one rebate form, which is nice as well. I just wish they had a online area to submit it. The only other issue is that they have rebate periods, usually a few weeks, but it seems like they are pretty much always offering the same things. I would like to see new games for each period, but I've not seen any changes since the beginning of August and I believe they have had at least 3 different rebate periods.

Also, this has been posted in another thread, I don't think anyone has posted anything for a while, so you may have to dig to find it, but they list a lot of the other rebates as well.

If someone can give a valid link or scan that would help alot. I'm not going to go down to fye unless I know its legit. The closest one is 10 miles from me so the games/rebate would have to be good.

[quote name='shadowkast']YMMV in title....mod??? u out there:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your supreme vigilance dear citizen. Your service has provided SO MUCH to the community. GREAT JOB!!!

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']If someone can give a valid link or scan that would help alot. I'm not going to go down to fye unless I know its legit. The closest one is 10 miles from me so the games/rebate would have to be good.[/QUOTE]

I don't think FYE advertises these, so you won't be getting an ad or a list of games. All I can tell you is that I got Halo 3 for $5 in May, and The Force Unleashed for free about a month ago.

[quote name='Kayotick']I don't know if this exclusive to the store I was at in Albany, NY but then I went over to another FYE down the road and they had nothing similar.[/QUOTE]

That's a little odd - most of the rebates are chainwide, and individual stores don't do their own mail-in rebates. This shouldn't be YMMV - it never has been in the past. :whistle2:s

I have to drive near an FYE today, I'll try to stop in to see if I can get you guys an update as to if every FYE is doing this or what

The FYE in Columbus, OH had the same deals listed above. They were out of stock on Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet but there were many other rebates posted for both PS3 and XBox360.

I picked up WWE Smackdown 2009 for $20 with $30 rebate and Devil May Cry 4 for $20 with $10 rebate, both for PS3.

They also were offering a $20 gift card for signing up for their Backstage Pass (free for 1 month). This also took a discount off the games so I ended up paying $38 with tax and getting $40 rebate and $20 gift card. The Backstage Pass also came with coupons to use on future visit (like $5 off $35 purchase). Don't forget though that you have to cancel Backstage Pass in 30 days or they start charging monthly fee.

Thanks OP for a sweet deal...

[quote name='williams90']By the way, the rebate does require the original UPC symbols so you will have to cut them out of the cover.[/QUOTE]

I have always just taken the FYE price sticker off the front of the package (it contains the UPC number on the label) and use this in place of the UPC. Never had a rebate rejected.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Too bad this seems to be B&M only, as from what I can see if you bought it online you wouldn't be able to get the rebate.[/QUOTE]

I do believe this is B&M only. You can get the games online, but I don't think they qualify for the rebate. I know some people have gotten the rebate off of that one website, but my understanding is you have to buy the games in store. The rebate form does say you need the original cash register receipt. I'm not sure if you could call a store and ask, but from what I can tell you have to buy in store.

[quote name='sukru']Yes, how do you learn about exact rebate offers from FYE?[/QUOTE]

The two F.Y.E.'s I have been in have stickers on the games that have a rebate. It is a yellow and black sticker with a white box in the center where they either right FREE or the price after rebate. My one store also has signs up advertising some of the newer games or games with better rebates, but the other store doesn't offer this. I've not actually asked the employees at my store, but if you ask they may be able to tell you what games all have the rebate.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']If someone can give a valid link or scan that would help alot. I'm not going to go down to fye unless I know its legit. The closest one is 10 miles from me so the games/rebate would have to be good.[/QUOTE]

I've done $5 different sets of rebates with F.Y.E. since August 1, what information are you wanting and I should be able to attach a scan. You cannot submit rebates online, you have to mail them in, but there is a site that lists all of the rebates, unfortunately it is just the UPCs in a big paragraph and then I believe you can print the form from there. Otherwise, you have to go to the store and get a print out at the register and as I mentioned above my stores have a sticker on the game with the price after rebate.

[quote name='Dahk']I wonder if my local FYE is in on this? Its a 25 minute drive...[/QUOTE]

I've been to two stores in my area and both were offering the exact same games on rebate. From what I can tell, this is something offered from TransWorld Entertainment, which I guess is the company that owns F.Y.E. I don't believe this is anything the individual stores offer, but is more of a national thing. The one thing that could cause a variation is if your store has the games in stock or not. When I bought my last set of games, one of the games I bought did not print on the rebate form and the manager said they must have taken it off of rebate, so it sounds to me like the rebates are automatically added and taken away and that the stores don't have any control over it. Again, this is just my assumption, so I'm not positive, but from what I've experienced that is how I understand everything.

I know everyone is against calling stores to find out about stuff, but if you want to take the chance and avoid the drive if they don't have it, you may give it a try. I was at F.Y.E. on Saturday and a couple games you may want to ask about that you may not be interested in are:

Guitar Hero Aerosmith Bundle, I know the Wii bundle had a rebate, not sure about the others. I believe the game only was on rebate for the PS3 and 360.

Dragon Quest Hero's Rocket Slime for DS, was $5 after rebate.

Spiderwick Chronicles for Wii and 360, $5 after rebate.

There were others but these are the ones I know off the top of my head. If you want to call I would just call and say "Do you have Game X on rebate" and see what they say.

Hope this helps!

[quote name='williams90']By the way, the rebate does require the original UPC symbols so you will have to cut them out of the cover.[/QUOTE]

I've received 4 rebates back so far and I sent them all in using the FYE UPC form. The first time I bought a game the manager actually took it offer for me and put it on the receipt and informed me that you don't have to mail in the actual UPC. However, I have read in the other thread that people had to send the regular UPC in.

I'm not sure if cutting the UPC off would affect the ability to trade it in down the road or not, but I also like to keep mine in tact because I don't open the games until I get the rebate, since most of them aren't games I would normally buy. As long as the game is sealed and there is proof they rejected the rebate, I don't see an issue trying to get it returned, however, if it is opened and the actual UPC is removed, I don't think I could get my money back.

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']I have always just taken the FYE price sticker off the front of the package (it contains the UPC number on the label) and use this in place of the UPC. Never had a rebate rejected.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I've already sent in the rebate but I'll remember for next time.

[quote name='Juiceboxharry']where do i get the rebate coupons?[/QUOTE]

The rebate prints out at the register. This is only in-store.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']hmm, do they have any GOOD games as part of the offer?[/QUOTE]

Smackdown vs Raw 09 and Saints row were both awesome games. I didn't play too much of lost planet, but I've heard it was really good.

[quote name='williams90']The rebate prints out at the register. This is only in-store.[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU, I was waiting for someone to make a post that contained some actual useful information.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Dragon Quest Hero's Rocket Slime for DS, was $5 after rebate.[/QUOTE]

If you have a DS, go for this one. I got more than $5 worth of enjoyment from it.

So I imagine you just ask the clerks and they have some kind of list or something, right? I've never actually walked into the FYE around here.

Really? It's kind of surprising how nobody seems to know much about this... I work at Sam Goody (if you've never heard of it, Sam Goody is to F.Y.E. as EB Games is to Gamestop), and we have rebates everywhere. Here's how it works:

Stickers are placed on the boxes of the games, as the prices after mail-in rebate. When you buy the game, you pay the regular price, and when your receipt is printed, another one comes out with it, along with a copy of your receipt. It just asks for the normal stuff- you know, Name, Address, Phone Number, etc. All you have to do is fill that out, staple the copy of your receipt to the front of it, put the rebate sticker on the information receipt (but not where it requires information, duh) and mail it into corporate. They'll send you a check for the amount of money in the mail.

Our store has tons of these offers for every system, minus PS2 (because of the mail-in B1G1 free), but not all of them are free. Still, though, there are some great finds. I saw a few games get $10 rebates after being out for only a week or two, and it's not uncommon to find a $20-$30 rebate on some select games, which makes it easy to flip back to other stores with profit, especially with the current TIV's at GS/GC/etc. :p I'm thinking about picking up one of the 7 Halo 3 Special Editions our store has with its $30 rebate (after the rebate, it's only $10.) ^_^ You should check it out if you have a Sam Goody/F.Y.E. nearby. There really are some good finds.

[quote name='Juiceboxharry']where do i get the rebate coupons?[/QUOTE]

As the other poster said, they print out at the register. However, double check before you leave that all the games you purchased are on there. The last time I bought 4 games and the one rebate wasn't good anymore. The manager at my store pays close attention, caught it and went ahead and returned it for me, so best to double check so that you don't get home and find out that it doesn't qualify.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']If you have a DS, go for this one. I got more than $5 worth of enjoyment from it.[/QUOTE]

I picked this up last month. I've not played it very long, but from what I have played it seems like a lot of fun. I think it is an RPG or possibly RTS, which I usually don't like, so I'm hoping I like it once I get deeper into it. For $5, I think it will be good though!

[quote name='Interfeci']So I imagine you just ask the clerks and they have some kind of list or something, right? I've never actually walked into the FYE around here.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they have a list or not and if so if they would be willing to tell you all the games. The best thing to do is just scan through the games and look for the yellow tags which tell you the price after rebate. If you see some of the titles listed in the post at your store and they aren't marked, then you may try asking if they are on rebate, they may not have them marked.

I usually never went in F.Y.E. before, but after finding a couple of games on rebate when I ran in back in August, I decided it was worth stopping. I go in every time I see one now.

If you don't mind dealing with canceling the membership, it is well worth doing the trial of the Backstage VIP program. You get a $20 giftcard for signing up, plus 10% off on purchases (20% off on your birthday) and then various coupons from the book you get and the website. Using just the 10% off, free games should up with you paying less than you get back even after paying tax and with the coupons you can end up getting even more. I had a lot of fun with it for the month I had it :D

my local fye only had a $10 rebate on saints row 2. Still took it, I had a $20 gc i got for free from the VIP backstage pass and I ended up getting free with rebate anyway

I went to 2 FYE's today (didn't have to travel, just happened to be near two throughout my day). Anyway, the first one I went to had Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet, but they weren't free. Actually, they weren't good deals at all really. They had "price after rebate" stickers on the front. Saints Row 2 was $29.99 and Lost Planet was $19.99. I took Saints Row 2 to the register and asked her to scan it. She said it scanned at $29.99, but there was no rebate. She said they lowered the price and discontinued the rebate. I don't know if she was mistaken or not, but she said the computer was not showing a rebate was available. So I left.

Stopped by the second FYE near my home. I ended up getting Halo 3 Limited Edition. It was $39.99 with a $30.00 mail-in rebate. I also signed up for the VIP program, so I got 10% off today and a 20 gift card coming to me in the mail. So when all is said and done, Halo 3 will cost me only $5.99, so that's badass. It was weird though. The guy came out with one that was $39.99 with the rebate, and one marked $29.99 without the rebate. I obviously took the one with the rebate, but it's weird that they had ones that didn't come with the rebate as well (or so he said).

It sucks that other store either didn't have the deal, or didn't know what they were talking about, I would have picked up Saints Row 2!

[quote name='mightymek']I went to 2 FYE's today (didn't have to travel, just happened to be near two throughout my day). Anyway, the first one I went to had Saints Row 2 and Lost Planet, but they weren't free. Actually, they weren't good deals at all really. They had "price after rebate" stickers on the front. Saints Row 2 was $29.99 and Lost Planet was $19.99. I took Saints Row 2 to the register and asked her to scan it. She said it scanned at $29.99, but there was no rebate. She said they lowered the price and discontinued the rebate. I don't know if she was mistaken or not, but she said the computer was not showing a rebate was available. So I left.

Stopped by the second FYE near my home. I ended up getting Halo 3 Limited Edition. It was $39.99 with a $30.00 mail-in rebate. I also signed up for the VIP program, so I got 10% off today and a 20 gift card coming to me in the mail. So when all is said and done, Halo 3 will cost me only $5.99, so that's badass. It was weird though. The guy came out with one that was $39.99 with the rebate, and one marked $29.99 without the rebate. I obviously took the one with the rebate, but it's weird that they had ones that didn't come with the rebate as well (or so he said).

It sucks that other store either didn't have the deal, or didn't know what they were talking about, I would have picked up Saints Row 2![/QUOTE]

I just checked on my receipt and the rebate period for Saint's Row 2 said it ended 9/8/09, so it looks like they may have taken it off rebate and not started a new promotion with it.

From the games I've bought, it looks like all the games have periods of about 2 to 3 weeks. However, since I bought my first game August 1, all the rebates I've seen pretty much look the same, although Saints Row 2, Rockband and Smackdown vs. Raw I just found the last time I went. Halo 3 was on rebate since August 1, at least, as well as several other titles I've picked up, but all of them have rebate periods listed that expired in between, so they must have added them again. (If that makes any sense :roll: ) There is a handful of titles that have stayed on rebate, Halo 3, Rocket Slime, etc. and then a handful that have gone off, Lost Planet, and some that were added, Saint's Row 2, etc. I was hoping to see more rebates added each period and be able to pick up a couple games for free each time :D but haven't had much luck with that. If you are in the area and have the time, I always make it a priority to stop in check if they have any thing good, certainly doesn't hurt.

Definitely take advantage of as many games as you can while you have the backstage VIP program, you really can't beat it. It is fun to be able to get games 100% free (sometimes with more back than you paid) and you can get lots of good deals. Remember to check on their website in a couple of days as well (I think they say wait 3 days) because they have a coupon that you can use for $3 off and game, CD or DVD $12.99 or higher (I'm assuming this is in other areas as well, that is what they had online for me) There are also deals for other stores, restaurants, etc. I kept forgetting to use my card, but you can definitely save some money for the next 30 days if you use it... Enjoy!

To anyone who signed up for the VIP program, about how long did it take for you to receive your $20 gift card? I want to see if I'll be able to use the 10% discount to get Uncharted 2 when it comes out, before I cancel the program (it's a little pricey for me).

[quote name='mightymek']To anyone who signed up for the VIP program, about how long did it take for you to receive your $20 gift card? I want to see if I'll be able to use the 10% discount to get Uncharted 2 when it comes out, before I cancel the program (it's a little pricey for me).[/QUOTE]

It will be really close to being able to get it in time. I canceled my membership Saturday August 29 and got my card on Monday September 1. I found out when I canceled that my membership didn't actually end until September 5. I had signed up in store on August 1, sent the card in on August 3. The lady told me it would take a few days to activate, but it wasn't until I called in that I actually knew the date.

If you mailed it in right away, since it was on a weekday, I would say there is a chance you will get it in time. It would be worth calling to double check when yours is actually good until, but wait a few days so you know it is active.

Since I didn't know when mine ended I just waited till about a month from when I signed up and called. When I found out I still had more time I should have waited to cancel it, but I didn't want to deal with it again so I went ahead and stopped it, I also wanted to be sure they canceled it and didn't wait or something I end up getting charged anyway. So, if you can find out the date, then you will know for sure and there is a good chance you will have enough time.

Thanks for the info. I signed up last night, and filled everything out today, and I will drop it at the post office tonight. So it says 6-8 weeks, but yours took about 4? That's doable if it runs about the same length of time. Hopefully I get it in time so I can take the 10% off. If not, I think I can still use the $5.00 off coupon!

[quote name='1NintendoFan']It will be really close to being able to get it in time. I canceled my membership Saturday August 29 and got my card on Monday September 1. I found out when I canceled that my membership didn't actually end until September 5. I had signed up in store on August 1, sent the card in on August 3. The lady told me it would take a few days to activate, but it wasn't until I called in that I actually knew the date.

If you mailed it in right away, since it was on a weekday, I would say there is a chance you will get it in time. It would be worth calling to double check when yours is actually good until, but wait a few days so you know it is active.

Since I didn't know when mine ended I just waited till about a month from when I signed up and called. When I found out I still had more time I should have waited to cancel it, but I didn't want to deal with it again so I went ahead and stopped it, I also wanted to be sure they canceled it and didn't wait or something I end up getting charged anyway. So, if you can find out the date, then you will know for sure and there is a good chance you will have enough time.[/QUOTE]

it says on the site when you cancel the membership after the day you bought it, you wont be issued a refund.

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you purchased your f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership at a f.y.e. for your entertainment store, you may cancel the f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership at that store, but you will only receive a full refund if cancellation is requested within the same day of the purchase date. A receipt is required. After the one day, f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership fees are non-refundable. Partial refunds of the f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership fee are not available."

has anyone canceled theres yet?
[/FONT]

[quote name='lovemetal626']it says on the site when you cancel the membership after the day you bought it, you wont be issued a refund.

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you purchased your f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership at a f.y.e. for your entertainment store, you may cancel the f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership at that store, but you will only receive a full refund if cancellation is requested within the same day of the purchase date. A receipt is required. After the one day, f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership fees are non-refundable. Partial refunds of the f.y.e. Backstage Pass membership fee are not available."

has anyone canceled theres yet?
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I canceled mine. The program should come with a 30 day trial period, that is what the two stores near me are offering. They have little booklets of information up by the register, which is what has the coupons, the card to send in for your $20 giftcard and your membership card, on that it also says 30 day free trial.

If your store doesn't have the free trial, then it is probably the regular $10 charge per month, but I'm think the 30 day thing might be something all stores offer since it looks like it is through the Backstage Pass company.

I was not charged anything for my membership and waited to cancel it for a few weeks.

I picked up:
Madden 09 (Xbox 360) for $30.00 with a $30.00 rebate.
Droganball Z something or another (DS) $10.00 w/ $10.00 rebate
We'll see how it goes.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']I canceled mine. The program should come with a 30 day trial period, that is what the two stores near me are offering. They have little booklets of information up by the register, which is what has the coupons, the card to send in for your $20 giftcard and your membership card, on that it also says 30 day free trial.

If your store doesn't have the free trial, then it is probably the regular $10 charge per month, but I'm think the 30 day thing might be something all stores offer since it looks like it is through the Backstage Pass company.

I was not charged anything for my membership and waited to cancel it for a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

awesome, ill go try this out this weekend.

thanks for the info.

bread's done
Back