Uncharted Movie - Dream Cast Announcement

tinman_licks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Just saw this announcement. Really excited for the movie. Hope it's true.

399221_1_hs.jpg

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tinman_licks']Just saw this announcement. Really excited for the movie. Hope it's true.

399221_1_hs.jpg

Link[/QUOTE]

Did you read the article? It's just their fanboy casting. And no major studio is going to put a B-list tv actor in the lead role of a film like this.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Did you read the article? It's just their fanboy casting. And no major studio is going to put a B-list tv actor in the lead role of a film like this.[/QUOTE]

Nathon Fillion has a huge following, stars in ABC's Castle, and would cost a HELL of a lot LESS than an A-list actor. Add to that the fact that he's funny and would fit the role perfectly (personality wise) and I would sign him in a heartbeat.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Did you read the article? It's just their fanboy casting. And no major studio is going to put a B-list tv actor in the lead role of a film like this.[/QUOTE]

Of course they would. A major studio cast a no-name as Superman, for fuck's sake.

[quote name='Magus8472']Of course they would. A major studio cast a no-name as Superman, for fuck's sake.[/QUOTE]

That's because the character of Superman is the draw, not who's playing him.

They generally put a star or at least known movie actor into all the videogame adaptations, e.g. Mark Wahlberg, The Rock, Angelina Jolie, etc

[quote name='SynGamer']Nathon Fillion has a huge following, stars in ABC's Castle, and would cost a HELL of a lot LESS than an A-list actor. Add to that the fact that he's funny and would fit the role perfectly (personality wise) and I would sign him in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

Was the huge following busy when Slither and Serenity were in theatres?

[quote name='dinovelvet']That's because the character of Superman is the draw, not who's playing him.[/QUOTE]

Unlike every other superhero movie in recent memory? Those are just the first seven examples.

And so, I stand by my statement that big studios are more than stupid enough in their deviation from casting trends.

Pointless thread is pointless. OP needs to change the title and learn to read. Just because an actor looks like the in-game character that doesn't mean they would be the best fit for the part. LAME.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Was the huge following busy when Slither and Serenity were in theatres?[/QUOTE]

Slither was released in 1,945 theater's, about half of what most blockbusters release in. That is more than likely Universal Pictures' fault since they were the distributor for the film. For small release movies like Slither, it's the DVD sales that help the movie breakeven (or profit). I would imagine with a large studio behind Uncharted, the movie would be pushed to at least 4,000 theaters when it releases along with some better marketing.

[quote name='Blinden']what's this I hear about the dreamcast?[/QUOTE]

As long as El Dorado is played by a Dreamcast and it turns people into Sega FanZombies, this movie will be awesome.

[quote name='Logain8955']As long as El Dorado is played by a Dreamcast and it turns people into Sega FanZombies, this movie will be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Hey zombie movies are real big right now. Can't wait for zombieland.

bread's done
Back