NBA 2K10 360/PS3 52.99, PC 19.99 + $10 Credit at amazon

ccohen322

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
360/PS3/PC Here
Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order NBA 2K10 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit 1 per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer does not apply to the Anniversary Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PC version is $20 right now as well, so you can basically get the game for $8 after ECA. It should support the 360 controller, so it's not a bad deal if you have a decent PC.

[quote name='Jodou']The PC version is $20 right now as well, so you can basically get the game for $8 after ECA. It should support the 360 controller, so it's not a bad deal if you have a decent PC.[/QUOTE]

Some people actually like playing with a real online service. ;)
Nonetheless, I'll add it into the OP.

[quote name='ccohen322']Some people actually like playing with a real online service. ;)
Nonetheless, I'll add it into the OP.[/QUOTE]
Hey, it's $30 saved if you don't care about online. :)

Ugh, Kobe on the cover? No thanks. When Yao is on it I will buy it.

How come Amazon never seems to discount collector's editions? I really want to preorder Dragon Age CE.

[quote name='Porksta']Ugh, Kobe on the cover? No thanks. When Yao is on it I will buy it.

How come Amazon never seems to discount collector's editions? I really want to preorder Dragon Age CE.[/QUOTE]

It was discounted to $69.99 for a few weeks, now its back up to $74.99, but gamestop stoped taking reserves on the CE back in July, so I would jump on it now

[quote name='Porksta']Ugh, Kobe on the cover? No thanks. When Yao is on it I will buy it.

How come Amazon never seems to discount collector's editions? I really want to preorder Dragon Age CE.[/QUOTE]

When Yao can grown some balls, play a full season and win a championship he'll be on the cover. Fast forward 10 years from now, Yao is still not on the cover.

Kobe > anything in the past 20 years but Jordan

Thanks OP

-5.29 (ECA)
-5.29 (ECA)
-10.00 (HALO $10 promotion)
-30.00 (Trade-in Promo code)

lol I love amazon and their promotions

You'll be waiting forever...... Kobe will have his 8th ring before Yao plays another full season!

I'm really torn about which version to get. I'm just not sure I'll always be able to find someone to play online with the PC version. I mean as long as it's every bit the game on the 360 is I guess that's my version.

[quote name='tukai']When Yao can grown some balls, play a full season and win a championship he'll be on the cover. Fast forward 10 years from now, Yao is still not on the cover.

Kobe > anything in the past 20 years but Jordan[/QUOTE]

How about magic, Hakeem, and the admiral. Also Yao doesnt need to win a ring, although it will help his case in being on the cover. All he really needs to good is have the best year of his career after he comes back from injury. CP3 is on the cover of 2k8, and he didnt win a ring he had a monster year. doesnt

Chris Paul is only like 22 or 23 years old. Yao is I believe 28 or 29 right now. He's not getting better, especially after all the injuries he's been through.

He may be on the Chinese version of 2K (if it exists...).

No love for the PS3 version I see. As for Yao...he's done. I would be surprised if he comes back at all. When you are that big your lower body takes a literal pounding playing a sport like basketball and his injury is a very bad one. Big guys rarely play well once the injuries start piling up..they just can't recover like "normal people.. Oden will never reach his potential and could be out of the league in 3-5 years if he can't stay healthy.

[quote name='Moravagine']$42.39 with 2XECA and you get a $10 promotional code, very nice deal.[/QUOTE]
how did you get 2 eca codes to work?

1. I second the 2xECA Code question
2. Since I pre-ordered this already at the full price, when they charge me will it be this cheaper price (I know they have the pre-order price thing, but I didn't know if this is a special situation or something like that) or the original full price?

I went ahead and pre-ordered the PC version, then I downloaded the demo of 2k9 on Steam to test it out. My 360 controller didn't work properly and then it hung up my whole system until restart. Yeah, it's just like the 360 version.

I can't believe people still have ECA codes from the "L" batch to stack with the current codes.

And back OT, great deal--I'm loving the $10 GCs, and its good for Amazon because a lot more of my money is going there now!

[quote name='Filbert']I went ahead and pre-ordered the PC version, then I downloaded the demo of 2k9 on Steam to test it out. My 360 controller didn't work properly and then it hung up my whole system until restart. Yeah, it's just like the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

That sucks but I've had 0 issues with getting the 360 controller to work on the retail version. Only annoyance was on-screen it shows generic button numbers instead of the 360 buttons for things like icon passes but there's a fix up. Don't know how to fix your issue though so sorry I can't be more help for that.

[quote name='gunm']I can't believe people still have ECA codes from the "L" batch to stack with the current codes.

And back OT, great deal--I'm loving the $10 GCs, and its good for Amazon because a lot more of my money is going there now![/QUOTE]
you need old codes to stack. well that answers my question because i just got eca today.

hah ease up on Yao, considering how brutal his playing schedule had been even before the NBA (which didn't ease up much after being drafted). He's a way higher caliber of person than most other stars because he gladly fulfills obligations to his national team even with all the wear and tear. I hate how US players since the first dream team need to be begged to play and even when they do they phone it in until they're finally embarrassed enough in competition to take it seriously.

But back to 2k, I'm still torn on whether to get the CE... that locker is highly tempting.

[quote name='gunm']I can't believe people still have ECA codes from the "L" batch to stack with the current codes.[/QUOTE]

I seem to have one of the old ones stuck in my cart. When I go to check out, there is always one 10% promo already there and I just need to put in a new "J" code to get another. Otherwise I'd be out of the old codes.

[quote name='TheMedic00']I'm planning to get the PC version, but does anybody know how long the $10 off promo code will be good for?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't say but considering Amazon doesn't charge your card until it ships, you don't lose anything placing a preorder now to lock in the gift card and canceling it before release if it turns out you don't want it.

Sure sounds like the PC version isn't crippled like last year for updates. Sweet. Worth the $8 risk. Hopefully they fix the issues with Nvidia 3D Vision.

I did see the thread yesterday but blew it off not thinking about the $10 credit and assuming the PC version would be crippled again. My bad. I went back and gave it 5 stars.

[quote name='V878']Doesn't say but considering Amazon doesn't charge your card until it ships, you don't lose anything placing a preorder now to lock in the gift card and canceling it before release if it turns out you don't want it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response V878, but I phrased my question poorly. I meant once we have NBA 2K10 in hand and the $10 promo code applied to our account, does it expire after a certain date? I may not buy another game from Amazon for 10 days or 3 months, and I was just curious if we had a limited time to make use of it. I didn't think anyone would know for sure, but if anybody does, I'd be grateful!

big nba fan so i got it. ill use the 10 bucks for uncharted 2. if only i could get the credit right now because uncharted 2 is in my gold box.

[quote name='cupcakex1']PS3 back to $52.99 . Niiiiiiice, time to reorder it :)[/QUOTE]

In like Flynn! I pre-ordered this, but it doesn't show anywhere on the pre-order info that you get a 10 dollar virtual gift card. Is there some place to look where it shows that's included?

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']In like Flynn! I pre-ordered this, but it doesn't show anywhere on the pre-order info that you get a 10 dollar virtual gift card. Is there some place to look where it shows that's included?[/QUOTE]

E-mail from amazon will show a -0.00 promotion, that's the 10 bucks.

[quote name='Vortextk']E-mail from amazon will show a -0.00 promotion, that's the 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for the heads-up.

i have 2k9 for pc.. it ran and looked great.. and the modding community kept it up to date and improved..

that being said it was a hassle for roster updates etc.. hopefully the pc version this year DOES have support.

Never Pre-Ordered from Amazon before, my question is does it come on release day??

This is one game I can't go without having on day 1 :D.

ROFL at console gamers. The PC version of 2k9 raped the console versions utterly and completely. Enjoy paying 5x as much for downgraded graphics.

[quote name='JCDenton']ROFL at console gamers. The PC version of 2k9 raped the console versions utterly and completely. Enjoy paying 5x as much for downgraded graphics.[/QUOTE]

This is a gross exaggeration! How is the PC version that much better when it had no online play? Features mean something to ya know. And the 360 version was hardly an ugly game. For me this is tough I actually have a sealed PC copy of 2K9 but Seen looks like he's starting up a 2K10 360 league (Look in the 360 forum). With most of the guys signing up already on my friends list I will probably go that route. Actually I may buy both versions. The PC mod community for this type of game is sweet!

[quote name='Commander0Zero'] And the 360 version was hardly an ugly game. [/QUOTE]

Low resolution and gets choppy anytime the zoomed in "detailed" character models are used. The 360 version looks like ass.

Last year in terms of graphics i would say

PC>360>PS3

I wouldnt say console version looked like ass though. I mean of course youll get full blow high resolution and AA etc with PC but thats if your PC can handle it.

In terms of overall pick up and play, I still would say the console versions were more fun and had all the features.

Then again the PC version was only 19.99. It was a bit of a pain to get through all the configurations and controller settings (controller icons, etc).

Also the PC version usually releases LATER than the consoles...

[quote name='guyver2077']Last year in terms of graphics i would say

PC>360>PS3

I wouldnt say console version looked like ass though. I mean of course youll get full blow high resolution and AA etc with PC but thats if your PC can handle it.

In terms of overall pick up and play, I still would say the console versions were more fun and had all the features.

Then again the PC version was only 19.99. It was a bit of a pain to get through all the configurations and controller settings (controller icons, etc).

Also the PC version usually releases LATER than the consoles...[/QUOTE]

This is a fair assessment of the different versions IMHO.

bread's done
Back