- - - - -

Killzone 2 $39.99 at Newegg

#31 riddler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:43 PM

good price for a good game.

#32 Horns   CAG Marketplace CAGiversary!   1934 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

However, I felt that with Killzone it got to a certain point that leveling up made the game worse.

I'd agree to an extent with that. KZ2 claims to be a class based game, but technically you have to unlock all these classes and their abilities to be able to be all these classes. I would have preferred to have all the classes open to me and the extra abilities to be harder to unlock, so as a new player I don't get restrictions like not being able to be a sniper...
CML

#33 Snake2715   Gotta Have Your Toys... CAGiversary!   8511 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 September 2009 - 11:30 PM

I'd agree to an extent with that. KZ2 claims to be a class based game, but technically you have to unlock all these classes and their abilities to be able to be all these classes. I would have preferred to have all the classes open to me and the extra abilities to be harder to unlock, so as a new player I don't get restrictions like not being able to be a sniper...

Unlocking the classes is great. Gets you to play more than one class.

Great game.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#34 tenma   He Shot First CAGiversary!   313 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

Really?! I find COD the most lackluster series around. The online is so repetitive that I can't play it for more then a few days before moving on from boredom. The entire COD4 campaign got so mindless for me I felt like I was stuck watching a soap opera on daytime TV. I think if the entire series didn't have a everyone wins in the end system (XP for all) it would have been a more forgettable game in the gaming community. IMO of course...

Sorry for the rant. KZ2 is a great singleplayer and online game. You should find it well narrated and deep.

We all obviously have different opinions, but i thought CoD4 had more pivotal moments than KZ2. KZ2 had constant action, but lacked memorable scenes scenes IMO.
Spoiler
It's hard to reconcile with the slow-as-a-sap like progression of a soap opera.
Posted Image[U]

#35 Wolfpup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9955 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

Glad to hear someone else say CoD is lackluster. I base that ENTIRELY on the single player as I have zero interest in death match, but from that, both Call of Duty 2 and 4 are two of the most boring, generic FPS around. Spastic action, no story at all, super boring weapons and scenarios, etc. It annoys me, because I enjoyed all supposedly "bad" FPS like Perfect Dark Zero, Haze, and even Turning Point more than Call of Duty. Even by action game standards there's no story, and I hate that kind of spastic action I didn't mind the way Resistance 1 mixes in SOME of that, but it also has the more deliberate stuff I love (and even the spastic stuff was more memorable).
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image