Best Buy YMMV - Soldier of Fortune (Xbox360) & First Blood (Rambo) DVD - $10

Skydude

CAGiversary!
So from what I've read, Soldier of Fortune: Payback is a terrible game, but some people have had fun with it. The first Rambo movie, First Blood, is entertaining as well. I didn't find it worthwhile myself, since I didn't particularly want either, but it might be worthwhile for other people.

The Best Buy in Bailey's Crossroads, VA, has this pack for $9.99, a few copies. It might be available at others, as a lot of them seem to put their special packs on sale at the same time. Definitely YMMV, though.

And this is my first deal posted!

First Blood is a phenomenal movie but they ruined it with cheesy sequels.

This deal is worth it alone for the movie.

[quote name='Brother Daz']anyone have anything good to say about SoF?[/QUOTE]

....it boots up, and has chievos.

[quote name='Brother Daz']anyone have anything good to say about SoF?[/QUOTE]

The game is garbage.. I got this same deal at Best Buy a couple months back and it definitely was a waste of money for me. (I already have First Blood)

If you don't have First Blood on DVD then this may be worth it.

I still haven't popped my copy in, maybe I need to, but only if those achievo's are easy!!

And OP, good job putting YMMV in the title, as most first posters seem to think that doesn't matter.

Funny that they'd choose First Blood for this package since it stands in stark contrast to its sequels
by having only one death, and an accidental one at that

[quote name='crazy blain']First Blood is a phenomenal movie but they ruined it with cheesy sequels.

This deal is worth it alone for the movie.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree, I just put in my order! :)

SOF is ...hrmmm whats the term...I wouldnt say garbage....just bleh.

Its fun blowing peoples arms off etc. and see them flapping around but you can get that from better games now...so that 'fun' lasts a whole 5-10 minutes.

It tries to instill a sense of 'battle' in the missions but it all falls flat as it looks like the makers of the game just wanted a paycheck and didnt put any passion into the game...

There thats it...PASSION. Some games arent that great but the passion of the maker comes out and it draws you in...

This game lacks that and you feel like you just played a very weak title when its all said and done.

I'd give the game a 5.5 out of 10.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']SOF is ...hrmmm whats the term...I wouldnt say garbage....just bleh.

Its fun blowing peoples arms off etc. and see them flapping around but you can get that from better games now...so that 'fun' lasts a whole 5-10 minutes.

It tries to instill a sense of 'battle' in the missions but it all falls flat as it looks like the makers of the game just wanted a paycheck and didnt put any passion into the game...

There thats it...PASSION. Some games arent that great but the passion of the maker comes out and it draws you in...

This game lacks that and you feel like you just played a very weak title when its all said and done.

I'd give the game a 5.5 out of 10.[/QUOTE]

You stole my words! ;)

So I guess this is the weekly Best Buy YMMV thread...

images

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217037&highlight=YMMV+official

Soldier of Fortune trades for $4.50 at TRU. First Blood just became $5.50....might have to check if BB still has these.

bread's done
Back