Midnight Club: Los Angeles Complete Edition PS3/360 27.49

ccohen322

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
  • LOS ANGELES PLUS – Complete Edition offers Midnight Club: Los Angeles plus all South Central Downloadable Content, including the South Central District which expands the original map by 1/3rd, adding off-road areas, stunt jumps and the South Central rail yards.
  • HUNDREDS OF WAYS TO RACE – Midnight Club: Los Angeles and the South Central Map Expansion blend seamlessly, featuring new Career Races, Red-light Races and Delivery Missions for a total of over 300 races across the entire city.
  • MORE MULTIPLAYER – South Central’s 12 new Battle Maps keep the online competition hotter than ever.
  • NEW LICENSED, FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE VEHICLES – An incredible selection of licensed, fully customizable muscle cars, tuners, exotics and motorcycles gets even bigger with South Central’s classic Lowriders, Police Cruisers and the Range Rover SUV offering 60+ race-ready vehicles.
  • STAR-STUDDED SOUNDTRACK – Eagles of Death Metal, MGMT, Kid Cudi, Santigold, Busta Rhymes, The Cool Kids, Linkin Park, Snoop Dogg and Young Jeezy feat. Kanye West keep the vibe while you race.
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Midnight-Club-Angeles-Greatest-Playstation-3/dp/B002MED6EO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1254065868&sr=1-3"]PS3
[/URL]

(All the usual discounts apply, ECA, FSS... not posted in the thread title as per request)

Enjoy!

EDIT: Just ran me some numbers, this is like $20-25 worth of additional content, pretty slick IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Midnight Club is an awesome game, but like the above post said it is a different kind of racinf game than nfs:s. This is about as arcadey as a racer gets next to ridge racer. I love it.

With all of the Racers coming out I am not sure I will have time to play this...but I might pick it up just for the value of having the DLC for free essentially.

[quote name='spaztic']did they alter the difficulty level? this game is frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they patched it a while ago. It was not difficult to complete.

[quote name='spaztic']so the difficulty level is now different compared to ones initially reviewed?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='J7.']This...or Burnout?[/QUOTE]

Midnight Club if you prefer car customization and real licensed cars. Burnout if like the crashes and destruction. Both are great, though I prefer Midnight Club's atmosphere (LA, soundtrack, cars, etc.).

Deals forum mods should make a rule now to stop all this FSS+ECA threads. Or at least compile all of them to a single thread as to not drown out real deals.

Burnout has always been my favorite racing series, but I think it's time to give this game a try. Love how they changed the cover and put an Evo on it... that's awesome. But, I know Amazon is gonna drop the price down to $27.99 right after I order it, so I'll hold off for a little while.

OT: Does anyone think the new Platinum Hits cases look much much better than before? I'm loving the redesign.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Nice job and good find. Supposed to be a solid game, but how does it stack up to Need For Speed: Shift? :shock:[/QUOTE]

From what I have heard, it is somewhere between a mild version of GTA IV and Burnout Paradise. Think Burnout Paradise with Police chases.

[quote name='J7.']This...or Burnout?[/QUOTE]

I think you will have to try them out on your own to get the best answer. Everyone will tell you different things, but in my opinion, Burnout is more fun/less frustrating. I felt the camera in Midnight Club was annoyng and wanted to move to low for me to see the road ahead. It could have just been me at the time though as I am considering trying this game again with this great price. I loved the old Midnight Club games.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']Burnout has always been my favorite racing series, but I think it's time to give this game a try. Love how they changed the cover and put an Evo on it... that's awesome. But, I know Amazon is gonna drop the price down to $27.99 right after I order it, so I'll hold off for a little while.

OT: Does anyone think the new Platinum Hits cases look much much better than before? I'm loving the redesign.[/QUOTE]

If you preorder it from Amazon and the price drops before they ship the game they will give you the difference. This is definitely true as I just got credit back for pinball hall of fame on both the 360 and ps3 versions. OT..I'm an EVO 8 MR owner so I got a boner when I noticed that. PH design looks nice IMO.

[quote name='Hardware']If you preorder it from Amazon and the price drops before they ship the game they will give you the difference. This is definitely true as I just got credit back for pinball hall of fame on both the 360 and ps3 versions. OT..I'm an EVO 8 MR owner so I got a boner when I noticed that. PH design looks nice IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. But I just have a feeling they'll drop it a few days after it comes out... like with Left 4 Dead GOTY. When the price first dropped, they had it at $29.99, then a few days after I got it the price dropped to $27.99. It just seems like they always drop the price on something (especially a pre-order) a few days or more after I get my hands on it. (Batman:AA, Halo3 ODST, etc)

This is all well and good for the new purchasers, but what of us old-timers? Are they gonna make the DLC free for everyone now?

Not to start a console war, but does anyone know if there is a performance difference between the ps3 and 360 versions? I'm probably not going to play online, so that will not affect my decision (otherwise I'd probably get it for the 360).

[quote name='SaveFarris']This is all well and good for the new purchasers, but what of us old-timers? Are they gonna make the DLC free for everyone now?[/QUOTE]

Dude it's the price of being early adopters. That's all there is to it. I know it sucks.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']Yeah, I know. But I just have a feeling they'll drop it a few days after it comes out... like with Left 4 Dead GOTY. When the price first dropped, they had it at $29.99, then a few days after I got it the price dropped to $27.99. It just seems like they always drop the price on something (especially a pre-order) a few days or more after I get my hands on it. (Batman:AA, Halo3 ODST, etc)[/QUOTE]

I gotcha, hold out then. Pricing rarely go up so I understand where you are coming from.

Picked one up for 27 after ECA. Always like the Midnight Club series (the 2nd was my personal best racer of last gen), so this will let me try this one, and it has the DLC, so its a win-win. Thanks op.

[quote name='laaj']Deals forum mods should make a rule now to stop all this FSS+ECA threads. Or at least compile all of them to a single thread as to not drown out real deals.[/QUOTE]

I second this.

OP where did you get this quote from?

LOS ANGELES PLUS – Complete Edition offers Midnight Club: Los Angeles plus all South Central Downloadable Content, including the South Central District which expands the original map by 1/3rd, adding off-road areas, stunt jumps and the South Central rail yards.
HUNDREDS OF WAYS TO RACE – Midnight Club: Los Angeles and the South Central Map Expansion blend seamlessly, featuring new Career Races, Red-light Races and Delivery Missions for a total of over 300 races across the entire city.
MORE MULTIPLAYER – South Central’s 12 new Battle Maps keep the online competition hotter than ever.
NEW LICENSED, FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE VEHICLES – An incredible selection of licensed, fully customizable muscle cars, tuners, exotics and motorcycles gets even bigger with South Central’s classic Lowriders, Police Cruisers and the Range Rover SUV offering 60+ race-ready vehicles.
STAR-STUDDED SOUNDTRACK – Eagles of Death Metal, MGMT, Kid Cudi, Santigold, Busta Rhymes, The Cool Kids, Linkin Park, Snoop Dogg and Young Jeezy feat. Kanye West keep the vibe while you race."

[quote name='laaj']Deals forum mods should make a rule now to stop all this FSS+ECA threads. Or at least compile all of them to a single thread as to not drown out real deals.[/QUOTE]Agreed and fixed one offender of the practice.

The Greatest Hits version is the complete edition with added contents, isn't it?

Sweet. I'll wait for some kind of B2G1 or B1G1 50% off sale events.

[quote name='lukeml']Not to start a console war, but does anyone know if there is a performance difference between the ps3 and 360 versions? I'm probably not going to play online, so that will not affect my decision (otherwise I'd probably get it for the 360).[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the DLC version, but the original version of the game was considered pretty much identical between the platforms.. there may have been some MINOR differences but nothing that swung it to anything other than personal preference.

(there are a few reviews that seem to strongly prefer one or the other, but 99% of reviews I read before buying said they're the same)

Hi all. Posts from now on will not include FSS/ECA in the title. Mods have changed this thread's title.
The description for the game is from the EBgames website.

Anyone care to chime in on which version looks best? I have both systems so it doesn't matter to me. I saw a side by side video at Eurogamer.net and the 360 version looked better but I hate the PH label LOL. The PS3 case looks much better. :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']Anyone care to chime in on which version looks best? I have both systems so it doesn't matter to me. I saw a side by side video at Eurogamer.net and the 360 version looked better but I hate the PH label LOL. The PS3 case looks much better. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Eurogamer's test are performed on state of the art equipment. Most people at home couldn't tell em apart if they tried. I would recommend going with whichever one you feel like, you can't go wrong. It's still one of the best "open world (city)" type racers out there.

[quote name='eau']The Greatest Hits version is the complete edition with added contents, isn't it?

Sweet. I'll wait for some kind of B2G1 or B1G1 50% off sale events.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so this version has the South Central DLC & more new stuff on top of that?

I knew this would happen, it happend with midnight club 3 so it was obvious they would to it with part 4. I can't wait to pick it up.

[quote name='ccohen322']Eurogamer's test are performed on state of the art equipment. Most people at home couldn't tell em apart if they tried. I would recommend going with whichever one you feel like, you can't go wrong. It's still one of the best "open world (city)" type racers out there.[/QUOTE]

I compared two videos on Youtube and they confirmed the Eurogamer comparison. The PS3 version is much brighter gamma wise meaning the colors are slightly washed out compared to the 360 version. Also the 360 has slightly better textures. Too bad the PH case sux because I rather get the PS3 case. Why do I get the impression that Microsoft and Sony punishes us for being cheapskates with ugly ass PH and PS3 GH cases? :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']I compared two videos on Youtube and they confirmed the Eurogamer comparison. The PS3 version is much brighter gamma wise meaning the colors are slightly washed out compared to the 360 version. Also the 360 has slightly better textures. Too bad the PH case sux because I rather get the PS3 case. Why do I get the impression that Microsoft and Sony punishes us for being cheapskates with ugly ass PH and PS3 GH cases? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think the cases are that way so that retailers know what the price should be, but that's just a theory of mine.

[quote name='rpnguyen']I think the cases are that way so that retailers know what the price should be, but that's just a theory of mine.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right but I still feel both Microsoft and Sony design the cases to be ugly enough to piss us off for being so cheap, LOL. :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']You're probably right but I still feel both Microsoft and Sony design the cases to be ugly enough to piss us off for being so cheap, LOL. :lol:[/QUOTE]

At least they redesigned the Platinum Hits cases. They look way better now.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']At least they redesigned the Platinum Hits cases. They look way better now.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I just noticed that. :lol:

I think ill get this one. I borrowed it from a friend and hated having to give it back. its such a hot game...i was doin good.

wait...this will be able to used my saved game from MC:LA (the original one) right?

[quote name='Noogums']I think ill get this one. I borrowed it from a friend and hated having to give it back. its such a hot game...i was doin good.

wait...this will be able to used my saved game from MC:LA (the original one) right?[/QUOTE]

Same exact game except you get all the DLC free. :cool:

bread's done
Back