Nintendo Game Cube w/Paper Mario $69.99 Shipped (Buy.com)

Nice find! Free shipping even. For some reason I feel compelled to buy it, though I shouldn't, given I have a Wii. (Guess it would give me a controller since I sold all my Gamecube stuff :whistle2:/ )

Not worth it. You can easily pick up a gamecube and controller used at gamestop for $30 anyways. Yea its used, buy every gamestop I've been to has such a large stock of these you can easily pick the one you want and get an official controller. Unless paper mario is worth $40 to you, or you don't have a Wii, there is no reason to pick this up.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Unless paper mario is worth $40 to you, or you don't have a Wii, there is no reason to pick this up.[/QUOTE]

...or you want to use a GameBoy Player.
...or a Freeloader.
...or an Action Replay.
...or (heh) the Broadband Adapter.

Or you want a spare or to play some Gamecube games but don't care about the Wii, etc. It's not a bad deal, depending. And it's a GREAT deal if you want a new one. 1/2 off is a joke for used IMO. New Gamecube will probably outlast a Wii too, which might be a consideration.

[quote name='Wolfpup']1/2 off is a joke for used IMO. New Gamecube will probably outlast a Wii too, which might be a consideration.[/QUOTE]

wait....what?

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Not worth it. You can easily pick up a gamecube and controller used at gamestop for $30 anyways. Yea its used, buy every gamestop I've been to has such a large stock of these you can easily pick the one you want and get an official controller. Unless paper mario is worth $40 to you, or you don't have a Wii, there is no reason to pick this up.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but can you pick up a brand new one? The answer is no. Good buy, for system and the game, with free shipping. And there are several reasons to own that system. I have a Wii and I have a Gamecube. I have a 360 and I have an original Xbox. I have a backwards compatible PS2 and I own a PS2, and PS1. One advantage would be it would cut back on wear and tear on your Wii if you are going to play Gamecube games.

The Game Boy Player is the best reason to get this. I play my DS games on the go and my GBA games on the TV, from the comfort of my couch.

[quote name='Vegan']Bad purchasing decision if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you from the standpoint that it's nearly impossible to purchase "new" copies of Gamecube games anymore. I was looking on Amazon to see what they had, and nearly all the games are $80 plus for new copies.

If I was able to get games in the $10-$15 range (which should be the case due to "zero" demand for them), I'd be all over this. However, what's the point of buying a system for $69.99 with Paper Mario if you're unable to buy any games for it?

This would be perfect for someone looking to replace a Gamecube system or to have one in storage for whenever their current system craps out on them.

bread's done
Back