Preorder DJ Hero Bundle PS3/PS2/360/Wii Get $10 Credit!

Ok, I'm shady on the whole "I already preordered bit" does amazon retroactively apply the discount to my earlier preorder? I would assume that's part of the lowest price guarantee.

Wow I was getting to wonder if this was ever going to get some kind of discount. The renegade hasn't left its MSRP yet as far as I know. I was able to stack two ECA codes to get it to 159.99 so this 10$ credit is nice too. I emailed them to find out if it auto applies or not. Will update.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Ok, I'm shady on the whole "I already preordered bit" does amazon retroactively apply the discount to my earlier preorder? I would assume that's part of the lowest price guarantee.[/QUOTE]

Says right on the page

This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

I'm waiting for TRU to pop up with a $20 GC for this. If not, I'm going to pass. Due to so many bundles (RB/GH..now Band Hero) out there, the price, and more "widely anticipated" games coming, I expect the price to drop before Christmas (definitely after). I think the company figured this out also (hence the October release instead of November or December). As I stated before, I expect this game (even though it looks great), to be a "casualty" of this holiday season.

However, if it doesn't do well out of the gate, this looks like an awesome "Black Friday" deal in the making for some retailer(s).

Good I pre-ordered this a while ago with my 50% off coupon. By the time this comes out most of the games I want will have already been released. Maybe I'll think about getting MW2 or Assasins Creed 2. With these pre-order bonuses I'm in for a free game soon!

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I'm waiting for TRU to pop up with a $20 GC for this. If not, I'm going to pass. Due to so many bundles (RB/GH..now Band Hero) out there, the price, and more "widely anticipated" games coming, I expect the price to drop before Christmas (definitely after). I think the company figured this out also (hence the October release instead of November or December). As I stated before, I expect this game (even though it looks great), to be a "casualty" of this holiday season.

However, if it doesn't do well out of the gate, this looks like an awesome "Black Friday" deal in the making for some retailer(s).[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The rhythm game market is way oversaturated and from initial reviews, it appears that this game does not necessarily have the same mass appeal as GH or RB. I expect to see it going to half price a few months after launch.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Good I pre-ordered this a while ago with my 50% off coupon. By the time this comes out most of the games I want will have already been released. Maybe I'll think about getting MW2 or Assasins Creed 2. With these pre-order bonuses I'm in for a free game soon![/QUOTE]
I know ALOT of people that used their 50% off coupon on this (which was one of the best deals of the quarter). I wonder how much money they've lost on the game with the coupon?

woot. glad to hear im getting another $10 back. I bought it with the 50% coupon.

I don't expect this game to be a hit either. I got to play it at gamestop and i think putting the buttons on the turntable was a huge mistake. People will want to spin that thing around and you just can't do it. You will find yourself doing 'baby' scratches on the harder songs. The turntable is also super loose. I hope they make some adjustments.

But with all that said. it was fun and i can see it being pretty difficult. It might bomb but so did beatmania here in the US. Beatmania owned my life for a couple years so i think this purchase will be worth it. It also has Daft Punk so im very happy about that :mrgreen:

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I know ALOT of people that used their 50% off coupon on this (which was one of the best deals of the quarter). I wonder how much money they've lost on the game with the coupon?[/QUOTE]

What was the 50% off coupon?

[quote name='xbox_mole']What was the 50% off coupon?[/QUOTE]

Amazon had a trade in promotion at one point that gave you a 50% off coupon if you traded in a certain amount of items. The deal is now expired. :cry:

Sweet. I had this pre-ordered with my 50% off coupon, double stacked my ECA discount and used my trade in credit and the renagade edition was only going to cost me $6.99. Now with this new $10 credit I will actually make $3. Awesome.

Already preordered this with the 50% off coupon since I couldn't find anything else I wanted that was worth the discount. This is great news for me, and now my debate is should I risk cancelling and reordering so that I can apply my ECA discount now that I have it.

[quote name='xdl']Already preordered this with the 50% off coupon since I couldn't find anything else I wanted that was worth the discount. This is great news for me, and now my debate is should I risk cancelling and reordering so that I can apply my ECA discount now that I have it.[/QUOTE]

No:hot: Don't do that. The coupon has been expired. Your best bet is to contact customer service and have them add the ECA discount.

[quote name='ccohen322']Amazon had a trade in promotion at one point that gave you a 50% off coupon if you traded in a certain amount of items. The deal is now expired. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I saw it mentioned in some other threads before too, but no one ever explained it and I always forgot to ask!

Sweet! Now I'm paying nothing out of pocket!! I used my 50% off coupon, my 52.xx gift card and a $25 gc amazon sent me for botching the order for when I bought my Omega seamaster, so it was down to $2.99 out of pocket. Now this $10 credit sweetens the deal!

[quote name='xdl']Already preordered this with the 50% off coupon since I couldn't find anything else I wanted that was worth the discount. This is great news for me, and now my debate is should I risk cancelling and reordering so that I can apply my ECA discount now that I have it.[/QUOTE]
Actually, if you cancel you order, the Amazon system saves the coupon. I canceled my previous DJ Hero bundle and instead reserved the DJ Hero Renegade Edition for my PS3 and it automatically took 50% off the order. I did e-mail them prior to this and they said it wouldn't work and that I was to contact them after I made the checkout so they would apply the coupon 50% coupon that was expired. Well, looks like I didn't need to!

But I'm glad that I'll be getting the $10 credit. So far, Amazon's preorder incentives have been quite good.

Pre-orderd this a while back using my 50% off coupon. Amazon's credits are what's keeping me from ordering anywhere else, combining it with Prime, ECA and no tax to CA, it's hard to go back to a B&M store.

[quote name='bojay1997']Agreed. The rhythm game market is way oversaturated and from initial reviews, it appears that this game does not necessarily have the same mass appeal as GH or RB. I expect to see it going to half price a few months after launch.[/QUOTE]

While I also agree, it would have to tank BADLY for it to be a Black Friday deal. In that essentially 0 stock would move in the week after release. The time between the ad being completed to our hands is a large lag. Retailers like Amazon may end up cutting losses, but not any B&M stores.

I am hopeful for this, but fully expect this and a copy of Band Hero to be had for peanuts before summer 2010.

Nice, but i'm also of the opinion that the game will probably drop in price sooner rather than later. It'd be nice to get the Renegade edition though.

Tag, whilst I consider whether or not I should come to my senses and wait for the inevitable price drop.

Also, not to start any arguments, but:
[quote name='ccohen322']The hottest music game this year...[/QUOTE]
Did you not get the memo about this?

This game sounds interesting. I doubt anyone I know will get it though and the steep price isn't something I'd go for.

Wish I would have gotten in on that 50% off coupon. I would have definitely nabbed the Renegade edition at that point.

Now, I'm just going to have to wait and see what other deals come along.

Thanks for the info though, OP.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Tag, whilst I consider whether or not I should come to my senses and wait for the inevitable price drop.

Also, not to start any arguments, but:

Did you not get the memo about this?[/QUOTE]

To each his own. I love me some Beatles, but it's still the same old plastic guitar strumming, rubber drum pad smashing, and crappy microphone yelling that we've known for years. :whistle2:k
DJ Hero is a whole new beast of its own...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh, no, not really.

The beatmania series has been running since 1997. And while I'm at it, there was this, too:
[/QUOTE]

I've played alot of Beatmania, beatmania IIDX, and around 20 minutes worth of DJ Hero. They are not the same. Its kinda like Street Fighter vs. Tekken. They are the same genre but play completely different.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']
God, I wish someone would make a home DJ game with 2 turntables. It'd be awesome if DJ Hero included a mode for it, at least.[/QUOTE]

On that note, DJ Hero constantly shows dual turntable artwork in-game and even on the box. Another interesting thing is that you can switch the turntable to either side. It will adjust the note colors when you do that so it seems like it could definitely be done if they want to. It would be fantastic if you could attach two turntables to one unit.

If they don't implement this now, they gotta do it for the sequel.

[quote name='Cmosfm']I want this, but this WILL drop in price, without a doubt...and quick.[/QUOTE]

of course. Every music game has had a fairly quick price drop. I expect Rock Band Beatles guitars to drop within a year of its release as well.

I don't think DJ Hero will do well but i also don't think prices will plummet within a few months of release. The biggest problem with this game is that its not as intuitive as Rock Band/Guitar Hero. It will be hard for the casual gamer to play and get a rewarding experience out of it :cold:

I agree with most everyone here on the gameplay (it's not as "easy" as GH or RB). I expect BH to blow this out the water in sales, due to the familiarity and the crop of new, "commercially appealing" songs (and more than likely, compatibility with other GH or RB games).

I don't think mom is going to buy junior a $120 (or $200) video game so close to Christmas. Even if she does, she's not going to purchase it until the end of November (Black Friday) or December anyway. In early November, sales figures will have come out (which more than likely will be dismal for the game) . I totally expect a price drop for this on Black Friday or by Christmas.

Also, where are the commercials? GH: B and GH: M had ads out months before launch on major networks. I'm assuming they might have had DJ A.M. in a lot of them and had to scrap/revise them since his death.

Patience is a virtue. If you didn't get it with the Amazon 50%, I'd definitely wait. $120/$200 bundles on an unproven game aren't going to sell out at B&Ms or online.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='psunami']Wish I would have gotten in on that 50% off coupon. I would have definitely nabbed the Renegade edition at that point.

Now, I'm just going to have to wait and see what other deals come along.

Thanks for the info though, OP.[/QUOTE]
Same boat here, missed out on what could be an amazing deal. I pray that bestbuy has a deal up their sleeve for me.

[quote name='Japakneez']I've played alot of Beatmania, beatmania IIDX, and around 20 minutes worth of DJ Hero. They are not the same. Its kinda like Street Fighter vs. Tekken. They are the same genre but play completely different.[/quote]

As a huge bemani$$$, I'm keenly aware that that DJ Hero is a very different sort of DJ game (vastly more "realistically" scratch-oriented,). I was simply disputing was the notion that DJ Hero was a "whole new beast," as though DJ games haven't existed for years already. ;)

On that note, DJ Hero constantly shows dual turntable artwork in-game and even on the box. Another interesting thing is that you can switch the turntable to either side. It will adjust the note colors when you do that so it seems like it could definitely be done if they want to. It would be fantastic if you could attach two turntables to one unit.

If they don't implement this now, they gotta do it for the sequel.
I hope so. I'm dying for an at-home experience comparable to Crackin DJ.

[quote name='acyw13']damn.... kinda regret pre ordering it now[/QUOTE]
Heh, why?

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Also, where are the commercials? GH: B and GH: M had ads out months before launch on major networks.[/QUOTE]

What is GH:B?

[quote name='MR STROKE']anyone know if they are selling the turnables separately? seems weird they don't have a two turntable bundle?[/QUOTE]
No. If you want to play multiplayer, your buddies will need to buy their own copies (but wouldn't anyone who wants to be playing this game already have their own anyways?).

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']What is GH:B?

No. If you want to play multiplayer, your buddies will need to buy their own copies (but wouldn't anyone who wants to be playing this game already have their own anyways?).[/QUOTE]

WTF?

this makes no sense, why would Activision miss the opportunity to sell plastic shit? and your telling me I have to buy TWO game bundles just so I can have my family play together?
this can't be right:cry:

[quote name='MR STROKE']this makes no sense, why would Activision miss the opportunity to sell plastic shit? and your telling me I have to buy TWO game bundles just so I can have my family play together?
this can't be right:cry:[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the original Guitar Hero came out, I'm pretty sure that they didn't sell separate controllers right away, either.

What is the lowest price you have got for those who pre ordered from amazon? I have only seen the 199.99. I wondered what the gold box quick pick price is. Is it always 5% off?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the original Guitar Hero came out, I'm pretty sure that they didn't sell separate controllers right away, either.[/QUOTE]

No, you're right. GH1 had a real small launch being published by Red Octane. I'm a sucker for novelty and a classically trained guitarist so I jumped.

Of course, it was so original then (in the US) that everyone wanted it and an extra guitar. They weren't on sale for a a couple of months.

bread's done
Back