- - - - -

Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

#3901 y2jasper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1124 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

y2jasper

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

amazon has star wars: tfu2 and fable 3 coming out the same day and both come out to the same price. decisions, decisions....

#3902 trent82   Master Of Unlocking CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

I also haven't received my Crackdown 2 credit. It's weird that a company as big as Amazon has trouble handling simple promotions like this. I know I'll get my credit after an email or two, but this problem with early pre-orders not getting the promotion isn't exactly new.

#3903 Codemaster   Project 2501 CAGiversary!   285 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Codemaster

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Wow...they just sent me this in response to my email about the Crackdown 2 credit:
"Hello,
I've researched this promotion, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, qualifying orders must be placed between April 20, 2010 and July 6, 2010."

Every video game credit page says "promotion valid on all existing orders", so why wouldn't Crackdown 2 have the same deal? Anyone have a screenshot to prove they're lying?

#3904 multicoloredyoshi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   94 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

multicoloredyoshi

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

Looks like they added $10 GC for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. I'm happy.

#3905 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6062 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Sure that wasn't a 3rd party? Lowest I've seen was $50. :\

Long story short... a phone call, that left me annoyed* as hell, netted me a 4 dollar refund (it was the price when it shipped) on the preorder guarantee. (* Waited till the good time to call CS but got a rep you didn't know a darn thing... I literally felt like I had to stand over his shoulders while he typed...)

Today, I chose to email about my lack of VG credit but noted my continued displeasure at the preorder guarantee and that the game was now 49.99...

I got the rest of my refund on the PG price (6 dollars) but no VG credit...

Oh well. Almost there. :roll:

#3906 mitnosi   Kweh? CAGiversary!   1703 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

It's usually on an items page toward the bottom. There's a bluish colored "Feedback" box and the link to submit a lower price is in that box.

Thanks I submitted it too bad they dont let you add in the fact the gift card amount, or am I suppose to subtract that from the price?

#3907 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

Wow...they just sent me this in response to my email about the Crackdown 2 credit:
"Hello,
I've researched this promotion, and I see your order didn't meet all of the qualifications for receiving this promotional offer. Specifically, qualifying orders must be placed between April 20, 2010 and July 6, 2010."

Every video game credit page says "promotion valid on all existing orders", so why wouldn't Crackdown 2 have the same deal? Anyone have a screenshot to prove they're lying?

See if this works for you:

Posted Image

#3908 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15691 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

amazon has star wars: tfu2 and fable 3 coming out the same day and both come out to the same price. decisions, decisions....

Get both IMO! I'm pretty sad there's pretty much nothing I care about coming out between now and then.

Oh well. Almost there. :roll:

Ha, they will give in eventually. Just tell them Jodou sent you and they'll snap to. ;)

#3909 trent82   Master Of Unlocking CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

Wow, maybe this will be more of a challenge this time. I just got this email regarding Crackdown 2.

"I need to look into the problem with the $10 Crackdown 2 promotion, and it'll take a bit more time than usual. I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in a week with more information."

They should be embarrassed that they can't even keep track of their own promotions.

#3910 Twizz   An Eff'n Legend CAGiversary!   282 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

Thanks!

#3911 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

Wow, maybe this will be more of a challenge this time. I just got this email regarding Crackdown 2.

"I need to look into the problem with the $10 Crackdown 2 promotion, and it'll take a bit more time than usual. I just wanted to let you know I'll write back in a week with more information."

They should be embarrassed that they can't even keep track of their own promotions.

Their promotions department is a separate department than customer service, and they work M-F 9A-5P, so any inquiries about promotions over the weekend don't get touched until Monday. Plus, I've been told more than once that they're understaffed, so sometimes, promotion issues like this take a while to get sorted out.

#3912 Jonsoncao   Teh Professor CAGiversary!   306 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Jonsoncao

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:46 PM

See if this works for you:

Posted Image

thanks a lot!

havent got the credit either, will email Amazon later!

#3913 H3xum   Beeeyyyaahhhhhh!!! CAGiversary!   79 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

Sent in a lower price e-mail for Fable

I wonder if someone gets paid to click the links in there...easiest job ever

#3914 kynetarse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

kynetarse

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

I'm hoping they'll still extend the credit to Collector's Edition of Fable 3 like they did for Halo.

#3915 trent82   Master Of Unlocking CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

Their promotions department is a separate department than customer service, and they work M-F 9A-5P, so any inquiries about promotions over the weekend don't get touched until Monday. Plus, I've been told more than once that they're understaffed, so sometimes, promotion issues like this take a while to get sorted out.

Well, I'm not the type of person to give a customer service rep a hard time. I understand that they just answer the phones and respond to emails. But from a company standpoint, it seems almost too ridiculous to be true. I have worked for companies of various sizes and all of them can keep track of information...several years of information available within seconds. I couldn't imagine offering a promotion for several months, and then just a few days after it ends, having absolutely no record of that promotion ever existing...i mean, this is just absurd.

#3916 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

Well, I'm not the type of person to give a customer service rep a hard time. I understand that they just answer the phones and respond to emails. But from a company standpoint, it seems almost too ridiculous to be true. I have worked for companies of various sizes and all of them can keep track of information...several years of information available within seconds. I couldn't imagine offering a promotion for several months, and then just a few days after it ends, having absolutely no record of that promotion ever existing...i mean, this is just absurd.

What I posted above is what two different Amazon CS reps told me about the promotions department. Surprising or not, that's what they told me when I was having a similar issue with the credit from Dante's Inferno.

And yes, it shouldn't be the issue that it is, though all I can suggest is to be persistent and often.

#3917 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

even at 30 game seems overpriced

#3918 lml417   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   104 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

Is gamestop having a per order exclusive content for fable 3?

#3919 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   947 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

I can see how it might have been missed. In the other thread, it appears the games are alphabatized.

Well, all of them except the KH game. It appears after one G title but before other G titles.

#3920 ReaperZER0   The Angel of Lost Souls CAGiversary!   498 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

ReaperZER0

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

I sent them this and they just credited it to me.

You say there was no $10 promotion for Crackdown 2? You can't find it? You're full of it, and you need to stop doing this to your customers. Want some proof that you actually offered it?

Here's a cached version of the very product page when it was up.

http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

Here's another one showing an ad at the top of the page advertising the offer.

http://webcache.goog...lient=firefox-a

You can also check the product's forum for other people mentioning how they haven't received theirs either.

Here's some other websites mentioning the "deal" you won't acknowledge.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=265317
http://slickdeals.ne...uid=0&t=2063282
http://betaboards.ig...66/192594575/p1
http://gouki.com/Sto...for-video-games
http://n4g.com/news/...rackdown-2-deal
http://infatuatedgam...rackdown-2.html
http://www.slimgamer...-Credit-List-V2
http://gametz.com/fo...pic/385985.html

I would go on but if you still "can't find" it, I'll be happy to show you a dozen more pages on forums or blogs where it was mentioned.

I got kind of snippy, but dammit I get sick of it sometimes. :roll:

#3921 clockworkgreen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   557 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

clockworkgreen

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

What are the chances we get something for Fallout New Vegas? Walmart has a $10 GC.

#3922 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

A little bit OT, though if you're a college student with a valid .edu address, you may want to look at this thread for some interesting news:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=267127

#3923 y2jasper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1124 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

y2jasper

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

if i remember correctly, wasn't amazon also offering a exclusive online character for assassin's creed: brotherhood? i think it was the jester or something like that. i don't see it on the page anymore.

#3924 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15691 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:53 AM

ROFL, did anyone else just get a $10 credit for Crackdown 2? I canceled mine about a week before it hit and still got one just now.

if i remember correctly, wasn't amazon also offering a exclusive online character for assassin's creed: brotherhood? i think it was the jester or something like that. i don't see it on the page anymore.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did have a bonus character up as well. Seems to MIA for now.

#3925 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 13 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

ROFL, did anyone else just get a $10 credit for Crackdown 2? I canceled mine about a week before it hit and still got one just now.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they did have a bonus character up as well. Seems to MIA for now.

Sheesh, they do have issues. Anyway I finally got the credit I was supposed to get for actually ordering the game.

As for the jester character I know it's on gamestop.com. It may be an exclusive with them?

#3926 Vortextk   Killer7 CAGiversary!   2338 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

Damnit, the credit for crackdown finally came. I might get 10 less on my refund now for sending the game back in.

#3927 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15691 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:08 AM

Damnit, the credit for crackdown finally came. I might get 10 less on my refund now for sending the game back in.

Haha, see if they'll take the credit back, too! Worst part for me is, the PSN cards are OOS so I'm taking a gamble backordering one since they might realize their mistake.

#3928 super_dawn   i ♥ DQ CAGiversary!   1203 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

super_dawn

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:58 AM

RDD normally ends up being next-day shipping from the day before the release date. So, it should ship out on Monday and you'd get it the next day. Occasionally, it's shipped two day on Friday for delivery on Tuesday.

It's free if you have Amazon Prime, and not free if you don't. Completely up to you if you want to spend the money on the RDD shipping, though as I have Prime, it's automatic for me, and one more reason to get Amazon Prime.

Ok..so good chance of getting it on tuesday...nice...i might pay the extra. My free 3 month trial of prime ran out in April ....i don't spend enough in a year to pay for the full price of prime...no sense for me.

Where's this form you speak of, i'd like to submit one as well for a 20 dollar GC and also try to find out why they never package them with the CE of games

It's usually on an items page toward the bottom. There's a bluish colored "Feedback" box and the link to submit a lower price is in that box.

:) yea, I was going to straight up email them but then I saw the little link that pops up a form.

Thanks I submitted it too bad they dont let you add in the fact the gift card amount, or am I suppose to subtract that from the price?

yea I know...I didn't subtract the price thinking they might be smart enough to know that there's something different going on.

#3929 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   6062 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

Ha, they will give in eventually. Just tell them Jodou sent you and they'll snap to. ;)

Maybe they read this forum or something because I got the VG credit without even sending another email. ;)

#3930 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   15691 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

Maybe they read this forum or something because I got the VG credit without even sending another email. ;)

/Flex