XBOX 360 Elite Holiday Bundle w/ LEGO Batman & Pure $249 AR @ Amazon

jedeyeben

CAGiversary!
Just an FYI, the new Holiday Elite with Lego Batman and Pure is now availiable to order on amazon. I dont know if the rebate still works for the $50 back from MS but its worth a try.

Why do their holiday bundles suck? I know they want to get parents to believe it's a family system, but I bought the Pro bundle last year and I still haven't played through lego indiana jones or kung fu panda. Lego Star Wars was the only good Lego game, the newer ones are just rehashed with different backrounds. Then there's Kung Fu Panda which takes no skill or thought to walk through without dieing.
I'll admit the bundle is a little bit better, but honestly there are plenty of platinum hits they could have attached that people would actually want.

The rebate is only for elites purchased before Oct. 5, so I don't think you will be able to get this bundle with the rebate. I suspect they did the rebate to get people to buy elites now instead of waiting for the inevitable holiday bundle.

I hope to see a copy of Pure on here for at least $10-$15 shipped when this floods the market. However, I'm sure it will be a single case for both games..already have Lego Batman...

may jump on that controller bundle, amazing that I don't have any 4 of those games...is white going to be an option?

"Does anyone know msrp on the controller bundle? I saw this with the xbox bundle pictured on ign."

I think you can assume it will be the same price as the normal controller without the bundle, but that it won't go on sale until after the holidays. That way stores get full price on the controller through xmas.

[quote name='MikeC']The rebate is only for elites purchased before Oct. 5, so I don't think you will be able to get this bundle with the rebate. I suspect they did the rebate to get people to buy elites now instead of waiting for the inevitable holiday bundle.[/QUOTE]

It says, "In stock on October 1, 2009."

[quote name='MikeC']The rebate is only for elites purchased before Oct. 5, so I don't think you will be able to get this bundle with the rebate. I suspect they did the rebate to get people to buy elites now instead of waiting for the inevitable holiday bundle.[/QUOTE]

Amazon says this bundle will be in stock starting Oct. 1st. How would it not be eligible for the rebate?

I'm not following your logic here :D.

Edit: haha, I'm not the only one it appears :D.

[quote name='stevo1002']"Does anyone know msrp on the controller bundle? I saw this with the xbox bundle pictured on ign."

I think you can assume it will be the same price as the normal controller without the bundle, but that it won't go on sale until after the holidays. That way stores get full price on the controller through xmas.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you meant "on sale" as in discounted from MSRP, but the IGN article says the holiday controller bundle will be available in November.

[quote name='stevo1002']Why do their holiday bundles suck? I know they want to get parents to believe it's a family system, but I bought the Pro bundle last year and I still haven't played through lego indiana jones or kung fu panda. Lego Star Wars was the only good Lego game, the newer ones are just rehashed with different backrounds. Then there's Kung Fu Panda which takes no skill or thought to walk through without dieing.
I'll admit the bundle is a little bit better, but honestly there are plenty of platinum hits they could have attached that people would actually want.[/QUOTE]

Well those two games aren't really aimed at you, are they?

They can't please everyone so they target the masses with two family friendly games.

[quote name='confoosious']Well those two games aren't really aimed at you, are they?

They can't please everyone so they target the masses with two family friendly games.[/QUOTE]
I think Microsoft made great choices on this holiday bundle. The games aren't too "kiddie," and are relatively easy to play for everyone. I played the Pure demo, and while there's a learning curve, the game eases the player into the mechanics of the game really easily. Naturally, younger gamers may lean towards Lego Batman, older gamers may lean towards Pure, but I think there's a better chance many gamers will actually want to play both games instead of ignoring Kung Fu Panda (or Lego Indy, or both).

[quote name='sabanoo']It says, "In stock on October 1, 2009."[/QUOTE]

It looks like it got there early...it now says "in stock" with a release date of 9/29/09, although they don't have the link for the $50 rebate like they do on the fall 2009 Elite

EDIT-They now have the link for the $50 rebate on this bundle too

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope Gamestop doesn't get these in before the rebate is up, but this is entirely selfish - I just bought an Elite from Gamestop two days ago, and it would be a bummer if this new bundle had been an option. :)

[quote name='muzras']did it go back up to $300, I checked it and it does not say $250[/QUOTE]

It was never $250. They are talking about using the existing XBox 360 Elite mail-in-rebate that Microsoft is offering. Any XBox 360 Elite system purchased between September 20th and October 5th is supposed to be eligible. (I could be wrong about the September date, but the point is if you buy it NOW, you can get $50 back with a mail-in-rebate)

I was tempted to pick up a 360 Elite because of this rebate, but I held back. Now I might just have to pick one up. Apparently it's on its way to stores right now. I'll keep my eyes out for this holiday bundle at stores for the rest of this week. $250 overall expense for a 360 Elite + 2 games is a good deal.

I prefer this year's games to last year's. I rather enjoyed Lego Star Wars, and wouldn't mind more of the same. But Kung-Fu Panda was a cheesy movie tie-in. I don't mind liscenced games, but I draw the line at movie tie-ins, especially childrens' movie tie-ins. I actually have a copy of Pure for the PS3. It's a very solid 4x4 racing title.

bread's done
Back