Toys R Us 10/6 - 10/10 Snow White $19.99 ($9.99 after coupon)

prim4444

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Both versions on sale

Blu-ray/DVD combo 235794
DVD/Blu-ray combo 235799

Ad also mentions a $10 online coupon offer for 4 days only.
(10/6-10/9 Go to www.snowwhiteoffer.com)
I don't know if this will be the same type of coupon that is already available right now.

Site is coming up now as page not found, maybe will work only during the 4 days next week??
Edit: Looks like site is up and running now.

Also, if you pre-order your copy of Snow White in store before release, you will get a $5.00 gift card when you pick up your movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
i tried printing the coupon but they have this program i'm not familiar with to download the coupon, and i tried it numerous times to no avail. i switched printers to see if it would work on another printer, but now it says i downloaded it the maximum number of times... but i don't have the freakin coupon :'(

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, that certainly screws things up. :wall:[/QUOTE]

I hear that, I think I am returning the steelbook from Best Buy and just going with this.

[quote name='ajh2298']I hear that, I think I am returning the steelbook from Best Buy and just going with this.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking to do that... but might just keep the steelbook. Still good price for it....

Ok, so the ad from 10/4 to 10/10 shows a BD version price at $19.99?

Their website shows $29.99.

Just want to make sure I understand so that I don't cancel my amazon preorder.

[quote name='iluvmywife']Ok, so the ad from 10/4 to 10/10 shows a BD version price at $19.99?

Their website shows $29.99.

Just want to make sure I understand so that I don't cancel my amazon preorder.[/QUOTE]

same here!!

Thanks for that! Might have to go and price match at bestbuys or not even go! I really liked that steelbook so I might just keep it for the $7.50 and just pre-order now at TRU for the extra $5.

Can't you just cancel the pre order and keep the steel book? Even though that's like really wrong the steel book is really nice. I mean were all looking for the cheapest price here and if TRU's got it cheaper I'm going there.

Yeah I looked at the price on the TRU site and it says $29.99 for both versions.

Man I preordered the dang movie and BB and opened my SB already too. How much was it at BB again for the BR?

hmmm....I already have it preordered at amazon for $14.99 and REALLY hate TRU after all the other bullshit but if I can get a $5 gc and the blu-ray for $10 I might have to bite. I will need to see an ad scan before I cancel my preordered though....god I hate TRU though.

Well my TRU is shut down after a tornado so I would price match this at BB and use the coupon but they've never let me PM AND use a coupon. They always say one or the other :(

I'm horribly confused by these two products. Best I can tell, it looks like the same product (Movie on blu-ray and DVD, and a blu-ray disc of extras), just packaged differently. One in a blu-ray sized case, one in a DVD size?

[quote name='JokerCard']Thanks for that! Might have to go and price match at bestbuys or not even go! I really liked that steelbook so I might just keep it for the $7.50 and just pre-order now at TRU for the extra $5.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking of doing. But i'm not sure if best buy would price match and then use the $10 off coupon.

Thank op on the info.

I think the back of the steelbook says what happens if you don't pick up your pre-order in the 10/06/09 - 10/20/09 timeframe. I'm going to check mine and see what the issue is. As long as you can return the pre-order and not have to pony up the money for the steelbook's "value" then I think I might preorder and pick it up at TRU for $5 net after the GC.

[quote name='chrisflyer']I'm horribly confused by these two products. Best I can tell, it looks like the same product (Movie on blu-ray and DVD, and a blu-ray disc of extras), just packaged differently. One in a blu-ray sized case, one in a DVD size?[/QUOTE]That's correct, yes.

They both have the same discs inside, just one is a BR case and one is a DVD case.

[quote name='Burchamj']So, ive installed the nonsense several times.. and nothing ever prints???[/QUOTE]

Which browser are you using? I noticed that the coupon refuses to work with Chrome. It was fine with Firefox though.

[quote name='ryosnk']That's what I was thinking of doing. But i'm not sure if best buy would price match and then use the $10 off coupon.

Thank op on the info.[/QUOTE]

My BB usually lets me get away with a lot of stuff but that is one thing they've never let me do (and i've tried many times). They always say one or the other PM or coupon.

so this is definitely the blu ray version for $19.99 with a $5 gc right? I just want to know so i can preorder it tomorrow

How much is the regular DVD version? Still buying the BD edition but wondering because I know someone who want to get the DVD version as they don't have a BD player.

[quote name='Greenboom98']How much is the regular DVD version? Still buying the BD edition but wondering because I know someone who want to get the DVD version as they don't have a BD player.[/QUOTE]

technically they can buy the blu ray version since it comes with both the blu ray and dvd version in the same package and the way its looking is you can get the blu ray one for $9.99 and get a $5 gc

The regular 2 disc dvd version will come out next month.

This edition is for the 2 disc blu-ray + 1 DVD of the movie.

GAH, screw you Disney and Toys R Us actually making me buy my first Blu ray disc even though I don't have a blu ray player. And just making sure, the dvd part is the actual movie, right? I'm not going to take this home and find out the dvd copy is something stupid like extras. The coupon page says good on the blur and dvd combo pack, but the coupon says when you buy it on dvd or bluray. I'm going to have to talk to the wife and see what she wants to do.

I'm going to follow the seal and pre-order this. I hate my uncontrollable buying habits. I'm making that bald white person richer.

Pre-ordered one of each today, one blu-ray case and one DVD case. Friend wanted a copy as well so she will get the DVD case.

Pre-ordered a copy at TRU. $10 AC + $5 GC seems pretty good to me.

From what I read off the back of the BB steelbook cover, if you don't pick up the pre-order by the 25th (I think it was the 25th), you can refund the pre-order. What I don't know is if they'll want the pre-order steelbook back or not.

[quote name='darkdaze73']Never done a pre-order with Toys R Us. When do you get the $5 GC, when you PO or when you pick it up?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's when you pick it up. It's quoted in the OP:
[quote name='prim4444']

Also, if you pre-order your copy of Snow White in store before release, you will get a $5.00 gift card when you pick up your movie.[/QUOTE]

Is anyone having trouble printing the coupon? I'm getting a "this campaign no longer in force" bs. WTF?:bomb:

[quote name='pogipinoy27']I believe it's when you pick it up. It's quoted in the OP:

Is anyone having trouble printing the coupon? I'm getting a "this campaign no longer in force" bs. WTF?:bomb:[/QUOTE]

that is bizarre, i printed it last night. probably will become live again on the specified dates.

[quote name='ajh2298']Do you think I will still be able to put a $5.00 pre-order down on this if I go out on Saturday?[/QUOTE]

I preordered a copy on Thursday and while standing in line I was reading the preorder slip. It states that you must preorder by October 5th. That makes me assume that you can preorder all the way up till Monday night.

I'm going to try the price match and coupon on Best Buy; I figure if the TRU ad mentions the coupon maybe I can convince them to do both.

[quote name='shrike4242']Pre-ordered a copy at TRU. $10 AC + $5 GC seems pretty good to me.

From what I read off the back of the BB steelbook cover, if you don't pick up the pre-order by the 25th (I think it was the 25th), you can refund the pre-order. What I don't know is if they'll want the pre-order steelbook back or not.[/QUOTE]

Why would you return it in the first place? It's basically $7.50 for the steelbook case and whatever you're paying for the BR. In this case, $10 out the door AC with a $5GC. So net $17.50 plus tax gets you the BR, steelbook case and $5GC.

What is BB going to do if you don't pick up your PO? They don't have any means to collect and who cares if they cancel it? Am I missing something?

[quote name='bob330i']Why would you return it in the first place? It's basically $7.50 for the steelbook case and whatever you're paying for the BR. In this case, $10 out the door AC with a $5GC. So net $17.50 plus tax gets you the BR, steelbook case and $5GC.

What is BB going to do if you don't pick up your PO? They don't have any means to collect and who cares if they cancel it? Am I missing something?[/QUOTE]I posted about this in the BB pre-order steelbook thread, that if they don't take it back, that's what I'll end up with. It's unclear about it needing to be returned with the pre-order return, so that why I'm unsure of what they'll do if I try to cancel out the pre-order.

I'll have to wait to the 25th and find out.

FYI - If you got in on the Amazon deal and haven't canceled, My order is in Shipping Soon status already so now I'm stuck with this one. Gas and Tax to TRU offsets the $5 savings.

Looked at the ad earlier today and it has preorder promo for UP!
Pre order and get $5 off any Disney DVD/Blu Ray.
Going to preorder UP!, use the $5 off from that to bring Snow White down to $4.99 after coupon, and get $5 gift card.

[quote name='stone1061']Looked at the ad earlier today and it has preorder promo for UP!
Pre order and get $5 off any Disney DVD/Blu Ray.
Going to preorder UP!, use the $5 off from that to bring Snow White down to $4.99 after coupon, and get $5 gift card.[/QUOTE]

if you preorder your cost will be less than that.

bread's done
Back