Used F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin {X360/PS3} $14.99 at Gamefly

Thekrakrabbit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Not too bad of a deal for a game that came out just 8 months ago. Granted, you may be able to find a slightly better deal with some intense bargain hunting, but this isn't too bad if you don't feel like searching like a vulture for a cheaper price.

PS3 version
Xbox 360 version

Also keep in mind that most of the Gamefly games are in decent condition. Comes with booklet, game disc and case usually all in solid condition. All Gamefly games are tested to work, so no matter the condition of the discs they will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
GameFly games are definitely not all in great condition. The cases and manuals certainly are, because they are sitting in their distribution centers. Plenty of their discs are pretty beat up, though. That being said, I've never gotten a dud from them.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']GameFly games are definitely not all in great condition. The cases and manuals certainly are, because they are sitting in their distribution centers. Plenty of their discs are pretty beat up, though. That being said, I've never gotten a dud from them.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I could say "most", but from what I have heard around the Interwebs and from my own experience, Gamefly conditions of everything is great.

It's not even most. I've been a GF member for over year. Between renting and buying, I've gotten like 60 games from them. I'd give the rough estimates as:

30% in mint/near mint condition (no scratches or very minimal light scratching)
50% in fair condition (numerous scratches)
20% in pretty rough shape (scratched to hell and/or chipping around the edge of the disc)

Like I said, though, every game I ever got from them worked.

Hm. Still leaving it at most though, because maybe you are just unlucky? I haven't heard much about the Gamefly discs being too damaged, but maybe that's because "good" condition is just working condition to most.

Could well have multiple scratches, but if it works most people would say "great" or "perfect" condition.

All right. You can say whatever you want. I'm just correcting your information, so you don't unintentionally mislead people into thinking they are gonna get discs in great condition. They probably aren't. Remember GF is a rental service. These discs have likely been handled by dozens of people. Chances are, one or two of these people were careless.

If it had scratches, i'd never say great or perfect.

I've bought from GF as well. Never seen anything near mint from them, but not like it's expected.

Of course, I can expect this information to be corrected by the OP to state about how it's my own personal experience. But hey, it's to be expected.

I've purchased three 360 games from Gamefly and none of them were in good shape. Although the games played fine, they all looked like they had been put through the wringer.

They have some very good deals but if you are anal about the condition of your games you might be unhappy with the condition of the discs.

Alright boys and girls, I have edited the OP. Even though from what I mostly hear the discs are in fine shape, I do know that some of the GF discs may well be a little scratched because they were rented out.

i've bought quite a few from gamefly (xbox, ps2, 360, ps3) and all have been near mint except for assassin's creed 360 which was still fine. personally i wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. not really interested in fear 2 though.

I may start a Gamefly deals thread...not sure if I want to though. Not a whole lot of earthshattering deals from there. Decent ones, plenty of decent deals around that site, but I just don't know if I'm in the mood to be attacked by internet warriors because they are bored.

Over the past year, I have purchased eight used games from GameFly. I have yet to have one disc come to me with a scratch on it. And as previously stated, the manuals and cases have all been in pristine condition. I would not personally hesitate to purchase games from GameFly. I wonder if some of their distribution centers have higher standards than others? Perhaps the shotty disc quality is regional?

Just thought I would share my experience.

This "deal" has been going on a while now at Gamefly. Also, I have rented about 30-40 games from Gamefly over the last few months and all discs have been in great shape. No scratches and only some minor dust/fingerprints that were easily removed. BTW, I only rent PS3, so it may be the BRD that keeps itself in good condition?

Oh, and it may be regional as well. I am in Tampa.

[quote name='wrencrest']BTW, I only rent PS3, so it may be the BRD that keeps itself in good condition?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Blu-ray has a hard-coat surface layer, because the data layer is very close to the surface of the disc. With it, even light scratches could potentially make the disc a piece of junk. You can definitely damage a PS3 disc if you try, but it is not highly susceptible to the general light scratching a DVD is.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yes. Blu-ray has a hard-coat surface layer, because the data layer is very close to the surface of the disc. With it, even light scratches could potentially make the disc a piece of junk. You can definitely damage a PS3 disc if you try, but it is not highly susceptible to the general light scratching a DVD is.[/QUOTE]
So wait, your saying a light scratch can ruin the disc, yet it is not susceptible to scratches, so how would a light scratch even occur? I think you would really have to try hard to scratch a blue ray due to the coating your talking about.

[quote name='wrencrest']So wait, your saying a light scratch can ruin the disc, yet it is not susceptible to scratches, so how would a light scratch even occur? I think you would really have to try hard to scratch a blue ray due to the coating your talking about.[/QUOTE]

A typo. Should read "without it." Again, the data layer on a BD is very close to the surface. So, light scratches could potentially ruin the disc. Thus, they use a hard-coating to help prevent scratching. Originally, they were in some kind of casing, but that would have increased the cost to produce them.

Great game for $14.99. If you have a problem with minor scratched discs then install the game on your hard drive.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']A typo. Should read "without it." Again, the data layer on a BD is very close to the surface. So, light scratches could potentially ruin the disc. Thus, they use a hard-coating to help prevent scratching. Originally, they were in some kind of casing, but that would have increased the cost to produce them.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct, although I have seen some interesting things happen due to the close data layer. I have seen the BR laser imprint fingerprints into the data layer, permanently corrupting the disc.

Granted this was only with BR burners that I've seen this occur with, it still cost my old company quite a few discs. Now I'm paranoid in general, constantly making sure there's never dust/fingerprints on my discs.

bread's done
Back