Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon (DS) $10 @ Wal-Mart - NOT YMMV

Roopug

CAG Veteran
I visited the Super Wal-Mart in Oldsmar/Tampa @ picked up Fire Emblem -Shadow Dragon for $10 :shock: :hot: I looked it up online and it was still $30. Possible YMMV? I am still unsure what that acronym stands for.

(My main goal was to purchase Chibi-Robo for DS which was supposed to ring up @ $15, based on a previous post on here, but it was still $30 when I had it scanned)

**10/18/09** NOT YMMV - Several CAG's can confirm - Have the store associate scan the game as it may still be marked $30. GOOD LUCK! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Roopug']I looked it up online and it was still $30. Possible YMMV? I am still unsure what that acronym stands for.
[/QUOTE]

YMMV = Your mileage may vary. Thus, although you got Fire Emblem for $10 at your Walmart, my Walmart may not have it at that price.

Personally I hated the game. Way too hard for me. For reference, I loved the Gamecube one, the Wii one was too frustrating but I had some fun with it up until I got stuck, and the DS one is far harder still.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Personally I hated the game. Way too hard for me. For reference, I loved the Gamecube one, the Wii one was too frustrating but I had some fun with it up until I got stuck, and the DS one is far harder still.[/QUOTE]

way too easy for me once you abuse the arena...

Sounds like an instore promotion, they do very random things. There was a Walmart in Jupiter that was selling copies of Mario Kart Wii for $15 a few months back.

Yeah my store has a whole stack of Chibi-robo for like 29.96, so its definitely not $15 everywhere, even though the post said the price was not YMMV.

[quote name='UncleBob']Weird. The $15 price on Chibi-Robo was a Home Office Price drop... strange. Sorry to have gotten your hopes up. :([/QUOTE]

I thought that the DS Chibi-Robo was a Wal-Mart exclusive. :whistle2:s

Well, I can confirm this deal at a Wal-Mart in Scottsdale, AZ. I grabbed the last one, though. (several Chibi-Robo DS at $15 as well)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Personally I hated the game. Way too hard for me. For reference, I loved the Gamecube one, the Wii one was too frustrating but I had some fun with it up until I got stuck, and the DS one is far harder still.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean but it is kind of easy once you figure it out. Unfortunately it is still a boring game either way. There really isn't any depth to it.

My walmart absolutely sucks on clearance. They have stuff on the shelf thats like 2 years old(graphics cards, pc parts, etc.) They have had some stuff there for so long and its far overpriced. they dont update there clearance prices.

I grabbed the last one @ the Super Wal-Mart in Tampa/Oldsmar - guess this deal is YMMV.

I will edit the post.

They also had Contact DS but it rang up for $30.

Yeah same in my Wal-mart, they don't update the prices. Also its a newly opened super walmart, so I don't expect much clearance. Honestly they think everything will sell because its Walmart. Their game prices consist of games for 49.88 instead of 49.99. Its actually the worst place to look for deals and clearance on games.

I NEVER see games or electronics on clearance at my Walmart, I do see clothes and toys though but those markdowns are random.

Walmart marks down by department, so I suspect that electronics doesn't get any of the clearance dollars allocated to their department. I am not sure if this will change since my old dirty walmart turned into a big, new super walmart recently.

[quote name='SaraAB'] I am not sure if this will change since my old dirty walmart turned into a big, new super walmart recently.[/QUOTE]

I miss dirty old Wal-Marts :( They were smaller, better-lit, had less spartan interior design, were less chaotic, and had charming touches like a lobby full of crane games or a sit-down eatery with dollar nachos and hot dogs.

I was just at the closest Super Wal-Mart today and I think that they had more copies of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon than any other DS game. Four whole units in the case filled with FE, each at a full $30. (I did score $15 Chibi-Robo DS, though)

As a long-time FE fan I thought it was the weakest game in the series, as it's a straight-up no-enhancements remake of the original NES game (not counting a few shoehorned Wi-Fi features), meaning virtually no story, interesting characters, gameplay elements from more modern FEs, etc. Still worth more than $10, especially to a newcomer to the franchise that doesn't have high expectations.

I went to 3 walmarts today, one didn't have it, another didn't have it, but there was a space in the case for it, with a $10.00 sticker, and the third...had it! also, $10.00. Great deal!

I picked this up a couple of days ago when I stumbled upon it at random. They only had two copies before I got mine. When I went back two days later the other copy was gone. What they did have however was Shadow of the Colossus for the PS2 for $10. I'd have been all over it if I didn't already have it.

[quote name='Josef']So multiple people are getting this at $10 then?[/QUOTE]
Yep. It's been confirmed. I bought it for $10 a few days before this post showed up. Good game judging from what I've played(about 2 hours).

[quote name='Josef']So multiple people are getting this at $10 then?[/QUOTE]I'm sure we'll find others that can't find it for $10 and the bitching will resume.

Yes. I am here to bitch. To bitch that I CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS GAME WAS $10 AT MY LOCAL WAL-MART AS WELL (Atascocita store, near Houston, TX... still 2 copies left).

Also to note it was still marked as $30 on the shelf so if you didn't have teh balls to have it scanned then please don't say it was still $30 at your local store kthx (and if you had it scanned and it was still $30 then please be specific about it).

I bought this game some time ago and I liked it a lot. While I'd agree that it's not quite as good as some of the GBA games, it's still really good. And like most FE games, any difficulty setting can become impossibly hard late in the game if you don't take the time to build/train a good team of characters early on.

Picked up the last copy for $10 at my local Walmart in Sacramento, CA. Marked $10.00 on the shelf in the glass case. Seems to me this is a universal drop at WM.

I'm pretty sure this is at all Wal-Marts and not YMMV, as people seem to be reporting. I got one last night. Price marker said it was $29.82, however the game rang up for $10 even. So even if the price marker doesn't say it's $10, have them scan it!

Thanks OP for the heads up!!!

Confirmed in San Diego County. Also confirmed that the stock checker on the Walmart website is totally worthless. Visited two stores yesterday here in San Diego and both had 5-6 copies each while the stock checker said neither store even stocked the game.

Grabbed the last copy at the 2-15 and Rainbow Wal-Mart in Las Vegas! It was still behind the glass case, but it was on top of the DS's stacked below the games. I almost didn't spot it!

awesome can't wait.

just got my $10 copy.

Saw one copy at the Walmart in Smithfield, NC. It was marked $10 on the shelf. I was gonna buy it, but I'm gonna wait out the drop to 75% at Target.

It was 10 at the Wal-Mart Super Center in Sterling Heights, MI. Emphasis on was, because I got the last copy.

I don't know what surprises me more: that Wal-Mart has a nationwide price drop, or that it's a good one. I've been holding off on buying games lately, but cheap Fire Emblem wasn't something I wanted to pass up. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
HOw accurate is the store locator? Only one Wal-mart around me is showing it in limited stock and it's like 40 minutes away. Is it still likely to be at Wal-marts that don't show as carrying it?

[quote name='Ragnorok64']HOw accurate is the store locator? Only one Wal-mart around me is showing it in limited stock and it's like 40 minutes away. Is it still likely to be at Wal-marts that don't show as carrying it?[/QUOTE]

Not accurate at all actually. I checked several items that were supposedly not in stock at the local store (according to the website) and sure enough I found them at the local store.

I was able to pick up Fire Emblem:SD for $10 + tax=) This game had a shelf tag of $29.92. Also, the store locator didn't work for me either. I just stopped by a Walmart near where I live, which supposedly didn't have any in stock, but in reality did have this in stock. So, if you really wanna get a copy, just drop by your local Walmart and check it.

Thanks for the post, OP!!! Awesome deal.

I found a store with a bunch of these in stock. I can pick one up for someone if they want to trade me any games I listed in the Fry's clearance trade thread...PM me if interested.

No luck at the two stores that I stopped in at yesterday. Their DS selection was a mess. Some in the value area, some on random shelves. Crazy.

While on a trip for work I spotted about 6-7 copies at a Walmart in Troutdale, OR (near portland) , they are marked 10.00 on the shelf in the case.

So, I went into the Sterling Heights Super Wal-Mart today looking for Henry Hatsworth, and I found something else: Fire Emblem.

Which was odd, because I bought the last copy a month and a half ago.

The new copies weren't in case where I found mine; they'd moved to an endcap with all of the other "value" games and the maybe seven or eight copies they had were marked at $10. This must have been a fairly recent thing, because I don't remember seeing the game reappear before today.

If you missed out on this one, you might as well give it another shot. :)

bread's done
Back