Playstation Network Store now on Amazon + PS3 Slim/PSP offers

worrybomb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
It looks like the Playstation Network has arrived on Amazon. You'll be able to download PSN games, PSP games, and PS One Classics the same way as Amazon's Xbox Live store.

Not only that but there are special offers if you buy a PS3 Slim console or PSP handheld:

- Anyone that buys a PSP-3000 handheld will receive a $15.99 credit towards a select game from Amazon's PSN store.

- Anyone that buys a PS3 Slim will receive a $9.99 credit towards a select game from Amazon's PSN store.

The offers will expire on 10/17.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest, I'd rather browse content for PSN on Amazon than go through their store.
I wonder if this was why it was down today…

Does ECA apply to either PSN or Marketplace content?

Awesome! I normally don't mind using my CC on PSN, but I've got some credit I could always use for games, so I'm glad to see that this is finally a reality. :)

ECA doesn't work on these huh? I remember trying to use an ECA code at the XBL store to no avail.

great news. at least amazon was generous with their xbox live arcade deals sometime ago.

hoping for same thing someday later. btw i really doubt sony will have any good psn promotion for sometime.

Well, they have had decent BF deals on PSN the last two years, so we can atleast look forward to that next month. At worst, Amazon being included just means we have more opportunities for sales.

cool, They even have add-on content on there. Doesn't really do much for me though, unless there are some sales.

Gamestop should probably look into adding a psn/xbox live store as well.

[quote name='lllGurulll']No real deals there though. I'll stick to just buying through the PSN store until the deals start popping up.[/QUOTE]

You mean no deals... at all. In fact, at least one game is HIGHER than the PSN price. Neopets is $10 on PSN, $11 for the code through amazon. That's the only one I noticed, but I'd check the price before buying just in case...

What's interesting is that this includes DLC!

Hopefully this will lead to more competition in digital distribution pricing (for the PSPGo)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']AWESOME! I was really hoping they'd do this. I much prefer this method to surfing through the store on the console.[/QUOTE]

Just wish amazon would stock PSN cards already....

[quote name='WilliamG']Just wish amazon would stock PSN cards already....[/QUOTE]
I agree with you on that, but to me, this is the next best thing. I would prefer them having PSN cards, though, and emailing the codes for them upon purchase. I hate having to drive 30 minutes for a card.

Has anyone tried adding more than one game
to your cart? The last time that I bought an
XBLA game, I think that I was only able
to buy one game at a time. I'd like to be
able to buy a handful of games at once.

It's cool, and sort of weird, to see out of print
games available games on Amazon, in a sense.
Was Amazon even around when the original
PS was around? That is the weird part about
it. Seeing these games are available from Amazon,
from Amazon, and not a third party seller, in
brand new condition, in a sense.

So, when is the PSN, and then Amazon, going
to get some rare, uber expensive PS games
online?

FFVII is on PSN. not uber rare, but it was very expensive.

But the other Square RPG's, working designs stuff, atlus stuff, etc. have yet to be put up.

This is a decent deal if you have an Amazon.com credit card and earn points for buying from them and gift cards to their site. Instead of spending actual cash I can just use those reward cards now. Plus, wouldn't the pre-order credits Amazon gives out work with this as well? Seems like a really good deal to me.

[quote name='elwood731']This is a decent deal if you have an Amazon.com credit card and earn points for buying from them and gift cards to their site. Instead of spending actual cash I can just use those reward cards now. Plus, wouldn't the pre-order credits Amazon gives out work with this as well? Seems like a really good deal to me.[/QUOTE]

they work on xbla stuff so I would think so. I'm not sure if they fixed the problems with it or not though. they used to double charge your giftcard for those purchases for whatever reason.

How does this actually work? You pay, Amazon displays a code, and then you punch it into your PS3, PSP, or Mediago?

[quote name='GlassAgate']
It's cool, and sort of weird, to see out of print
games available games on Amazon, in a sense.
Was Amazon even around when the original
PS was around? That is the weird part about
it. Seeing these games are available from Amazon,
from Amazon, and not a third party seller, in
brand new condition, in a sense. [/QUOTE]

Amazon was around, and in fact still has some Playstation 1 games. The Final Fantasy series was in print for ages, and they may still have some (if not all) of them.

I remember when they first started selling XBLA games they had like three deals and then nothing after that. I grabbed Doom for like $2.87 or something like that. Wish they would bring them back.

This is weird, I can't actually find the store on Amazon without the link. Maybe it's sort of in beta or something.

[quote name='Wolfpup']How does this actually work? You pay, Amazon displays a code, and then you punch it into your PS3, PSP, or Mediago?

Amazon was around, and in fact still has some Playstation 1 games. The Final Fantasy series was in print for ages, and they may still have some (if not all) of them.[/QUOTE]

As to the first part, that is exactly how it works. As for the second, yeah, there was a time, not that long ago, that at least 5 FF PS1 games were always in the top 100 in sales on amazon.

[quote name='zeb06']Finally...wish they'd add PSN credit as an online code instead of cards.[/QUOTE]
This.

I want PSN card online codes because the "store" has mostly first party stuff.

Kind of disappointing, Only games developed/published by Sony are available and no deals on the first day.

Interesting ...

I have to pay tax when I purchase on the Playstation Store via my PS3, but I do not pay tax on Amazon.com purchases ... so, in theory, this would get me out of paying tax on some PSN purchases.

I hope they have critter crunch on Amazon later today because I don't want to buy a PSN card today for a $6.99 game

[quote name='flix1']Interesting ...

I have to pay tax when I purchase on the Playstation Store via my PS3, but I do not pay tax on Amazon.com purchases ... so, in theory, this would get me out of paying tax on some PSN purchases.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I didn't even think about that one. Too bad ECA doesn't work though...

[quote name='GlassAgate']Has anyone tried adding more than one game
to your cart? The last time that I bought an
XBLA game, I think that I was only able
to buy one game at a time. I'd like to be
able to buy a handful of games at once.
[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you cannot do it. Ive purchased a few XBLA games via amazon and its 1 transaction at a time. You can't queue them up and lump $20,$30,etc towards the total price. Its kinda a hassle to do it that way. Im sure they did this for whatever back-end reasons. But its nice to see the PSN doing this. Im in the market for a Ps3 finally since getting a HDTV and theres superstardust HD which i've had my eye on for the longest time.

[quote name='flix1']Interesting ...

I have to pay tax when I purchase on the Playstation Store via my PS3, but I do not pay tax on Amazon.com purchases ... so, in theory, this would get me out of paying tax on some PSN purchases.[/QUOTE]
just change your zip to a tax free state :D

Zip is one of the first things they check when processing CCs as well. Good luck with that. Could do it with PSN cards I guess. Meh.

this is good news, I would like to see everything up on amazon though
The store on mediago/psp is terrible- only seeing a few games at a time, based on letters is archaic

here's to future sales

I am glad the prices are atleast the same as on PSN. Last night I was at Target and the codes were significantly more than they are purchased directly from PSN.

[quote name='fignutz32']just change your zip to a tax free state :D[/QUOTE]

That's called tax evasion. I've reported your username to the IRS.

I'm kidding. :D

[quote name='fizzywix']What's interesting is that this includes DLC!

Hopefully this will lead to more competition in digital distribution pricing (for the PSPGo)[/QUOTE]

Flooding the PSN with the entire PSP library will have a greater effect. Like on the Apple Store, publishers sometimes do sales just to stand out from the crowd.

shrug.jpg

I had no real problem going thru the PSN store. If you know what you are looking for you can find it in a second.

bread's done
Back