Fight Night 4 $29.99 Ghostbusters $19.99 Resident Evil 5 $24.99 (PS3/360)

That is the price for Ghostbusters I have been waiting for. Definitely getting that one.
Thanks for the post.

I would love to kick the corporate monkeys at GC square in their asses. OF COURSE they're going to have an awesome sale on RE5 right after closing all those stores (including my city's). :mad:

I am at work and cannot see the images. Can someone please list the 4 or 5 games on sale & the price. It is greatly appreciated.

PSD I have 4 GC's within 10 miles from me so If anyone wants anything hit me up. Paypal of course same price as listed + shipping :)

Just called my local Game Crazy on Blackstone in Fresno, Ca and they still have it listed at regular price. Bogus.

FNR4 (360/PS3): $29.99
Bionic Commando (360/PS3): $19.99
Heroes Over Europe (360): $29.99
Ghostbusters (360PS3): $19.99
Resident Evil 5 (360/PS3): $24.99

I'd probably pick up RE5 and Ghostbusters if GC existed near me.

$19.99 Ghostbusters
$19.99 Bionic Commando
$24.99 Resident Evil 5
$29.99 Heroes Over Europe
$29.99 Fight Night Round 4

All for Xbox 360 / PS3, minus Heroes.

[quote name='ezellaur']I'm hesitant to click that link, since it looks suspect. Where does the link actually go to?[/QUOTE]

Not suspect - I got the same e-mail from the same address I get their weekly e-mails. Legit, and I'm going for Ghostbusters tonight at that price!

[quote name='Phanatic']Not suspect - I got the same e-mail from the same address I get their weekly e-mails. Legit, and I'm going for Ghostbusters tonight at that price![/QUOTE]

Thanks for backing me up. ;)

My local stores are still selling them for $59.99. They say it most likely is the liquidated stores that are selling them for that price.

"They say?" Gamecrazys never know what the hell is going on with one another. Probably one of the reasons why some of them are going out of business.

That's a good price on RE 5 but the Alternative Edition is coming next year plus the price of the regular ver will go down a lot too.

I bought this on Friday before the liquidation started. Does anyone know if they will do a price match even though my store is closing since it wasn't a 30% off liquidation purchase?

i think i might pick up ghostbusters for 20.... any word on it showing up cheaper anywhere else?

also - doesn't sears take off an additional 10% if you pricematch it there?.. wondering if i should try somethng like that first

... andddd also wondering if the used prices will be dropping too?

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like this is only good at stores that are closing. I just called a couple of the gamecrazy stores in chicago that aren't closing and they both list much higher prices on these.

[quote name='TheBomb69']I called about 5 stores now with no luck.[/QUOTE]

Don't bother calling. If you have a store nearby go and check it out. A lot of Gamecrazy employees are lazy, and will not honestly check it for you.

[quote name='hepcat1']sounds like this is only good at stores that are closing. I just called a couple of the gamecrazy stores in chicago that aren't closing and they both list much higher prices on these.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheBomb69']I called about 5 stores now with no luck.[/QUOTE]

from what i've noticed in the past, some stores don't know about promotional prices themselves esp when they first pop up and items will still ring up the correct price ... this happened to me when starwars force unleashed dropped to 15

someone correct me if im wrong and the stores update their own prices individually

[quote name='BigJoshMan']Just called my local Game Crazy on Blackstone in Fresno, Ca and they still have it listed at regular price. Bogus.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheBomb69']My local stores are still selling them for $59.99. They say it most likely is the liquidated stores that are selling them for that price.[/QUOTE]

Did they actually ring it up? Most employees are clueless and will just read you the tag off the shelf if you call, the same tag that they last updated months ago. Lesson #1 for CAG's is to never trust what the in store employee says, have them actually ring it up. For a lot of these types of price drops I've had a lot of employees (in all retail stores) give me a stunned look when it rings up at the lower price, often after they have insisted that it's still the price listed on the tag. It takes a few days for price updates to cycle through most retail stores, unless they are really on top of things.

[quote name='The SPism']from what i've noticed in the past, some stores don't know about promotional prices themselves esp when they first pop up and items will still ring up the correct price ... this happened to me when starwars force unleashed dropped to 15

someone correct me if im wrong and the stores update their own prices individually[/QUOTE]

I had the same exact thing happen when I picked up the Force Unleashed for $15, they tag hadn't been updated yet, and the girl was stunned when it rang up for $15. And this was in a normal Hollywood Video, with just a mini "gamecrazy" kiosk inside, not a full game crazy store.

Take note that getting your local GC to honor these prices is YMMV. Same fiasco happened with Dead Space a month or so again, in which several stores (including one I attempted to purchase my copy from) had not received anything from corporate regarding the sale, even though I showed them the flyer and dates valid.

I had to write/call to Corporate for them to contact my local GC and have them manually adjust prices.

Good Luck...hell of a price for Ghostbusters.

[quote name='flop']HMmm...Thinking about bringing a print out to BestBuy or WalMart to PM since every GC is closing near me.[/QUOTE]

would this actually work, I'm tempted to pick up all these titles but the 5 game crazy's near me need for their employees to have their lives threatened before they would consider price checking their video games..

[quote name='chimpian']think best buy will price match this?
i dont wanna go hunting for a game crazy[/QUOTE]

I just got back from my Best Buy(East Lansing, MI) and they price matched it(Ghostbusters:ps3:) there. I did have to explain to them what a Gamecrazy was:applause: and that it was an instore price, since I used to work there and know that at my particular BB at least, they are very particular about matching online only orders.

It is so worth it then. I will have to go check it out. Luckily only one of the GC near me closed down.

is there something online saying that the xbox360 version is $19.99? Would love to print it out and pm BB since I have a GC there. Thanks

[quote name='jack0395']is there something online saying that the xbox360 version is $19.99? Would love to print it out and pm BB since I have a GC there. Thanks[/QUOTE]

In the OP's link, to the right of each game picture, it states "ALSO ON...". Unfortunately, that is open to interpretation, and a BB CSR may decide that it means simply that the game exists for the other system, but not necessarily at that price. Odds are decent that they will interpret it properly, though.

What the hell?

The only advertised sale is Heroes over Europe for $29.99. It's not updated in our POS, but it's in the flyer. None of the other prices are advertised anywhere.

OP, did this come DIRECTLY from Game Crazy? I haven't seen any barcodes or memos or anything about any of this.

The prices aren't in our POS this way, they would have to be manually marked down.. ugh, this is going to cause a headache.

The prices may update tomorrow. I dunno. I would take a printout of this ad with you to the store.

I've never heard of this deal. At all.

Communication - GameCrazy's absolute #1 strong point!

bread's done
Back