- - - - -

GameStop.com Pre-Owned Box & Manual Guarantee - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

#4261 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1543 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:29 PM

my Assassins Creed 2 360 didn't come with the artwork..... consider me done with ordering online on Gamestop (didn't see the fine print). Only reason I ordered was because I have a bunch of credit, but with it being a fairly new game and the "guarantee" I figured it was good.

You should take it to the store and have them give you the artwork. Mention the "guarantee";)

#4262 Ryo   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:27 AM

borderlands

#4263 phoenix529   ...for Science. CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:36 AM

borderlands

Yeah.

#4264 Camwi   Can I be a sasquatch too? CAGiversary!   930 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:43 AM

Yeah.

Shhhhh.. Let him dream..

#4265 oasisboy   Banned Banned   3135 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

oasisboy

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:53 AM

my Assassins Creed 2 360 didn't come with the artwork..... consider me done with ordering online on Gamestop (didn't see the fine print). Only reason I ordered was because I have a bunch of credit, but with it being a fairly new game and the "guarantee" I figured it was good.

Should you have any issues regarding GameStop.com., simply email us and we will promptly respond to your request. You may also call the GameStop.com Customer Service Center at (800) 883-8895 and a representative will assist you. Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (CST); Saturday - Sunday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (CST)

#4266 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   2926 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:47 AM

Dont know if they changed the wording in the past few days but currently the "guarantee" reads:

Just like some pre-owned car dealers put their vehicles through a rigorous 125-point check, we put our pre-owned Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP and DS games through a rigorous check, too, but we've narrowed it down to four points. Game works: Check! Game has a box: Check! Game has an instruction manual: Check! Game is packed with love, the secret ingredient: Check!

(emphasis added)

So they'll give you a box, but not necessarily a box that corresponds to your game's system. They'll also give you an instruction manual, but no mention of the cover art.

UPDATE: Upon a second look at Cheapy's original link, it seems that they substituted "a box" for the previously promised "cover art". Shady as hell. If you do go to complain, make sure you print out the "guarantee" from Cheapy's link (and take the link too to show it's still on their site). Otherwise, they'll claim ignorance and just go by the revised version.

I'm usually one who think GS hater here on CAG are way over the top, but this right here is a total fraud (if not in the legal sense, definitely in the common sense).

For shame GameStop. You've pissed away what little goodwill you had gained: in less than 3 months even.

#4267 Strider Turbulence   Banned Banned   6540 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Strider Turbulence

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:35 AM

Just return it in store. It's really not that big of a deal.

#4268 ferris182   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

ferris182

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

im going to finish my ps2 rpg collection sweet

PS2 games are not included.

#4269 Gertle627   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1288 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

Not that I really care, but I found it strange that my my recent purchase of NFS:S came with generic cover art. Oh gamestop, if your prices weren't so right for me, I wouldn't put up with your shadyness.

#4270 neiname   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   526 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

One of the ONLY ways games get to GS.com is if a store has way too many of them (very unlikely for new releases) or they come back to the store damaged and need to be resurfaced. If you are buying a game from GS.com you ar 80+% likely to be getting a resurfaced disc. Didn't you ever wonder why so many ps3 games are never in stock at GS.com? They don't scratch as easily so are never sent it to get refurbished.

Most likely you are going to get a chewed up disc online. If you want the online discount and a perfect disc you are going to have to go through the trouble of finding one at a b&m location and asking to exchange or gasp, buy-->return

#4271 jdlmm80   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   194 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

Does anyone know if gamestop restocks their used games very often. Im looking for NHL 10 for ps3 and it hasnt been in stock for a while.

#4272 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12732 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:21 PM

Dont know if they changed the wording in the past few days but currently the "guarantee" reads:

(emphasis added)

So they'll give you a box, but not necessarily a box that corresponds to your game's system. They'll also give you an instruction manual, but no mention of the cover art.

UPDATE: Upon a second look at Cheapy's original link, it seems that they substituted "a box" for the previously promised "cover art". Shady as hell. If you do go to complain, make sure you print out the "guarantee" from Cheapy's link (and take the link too to show it's still on their site). Otherwise, they'll claim ignorance and just go by the revised version.

I'm usually one who think GS hater here on CAG are way over the top, but this right here is a total fraud (if not in the legal sense, definitely in the common sense).

For shame GameStop. You've pissed away what little goodwill you had gained: in less than 3 months even.

If you click on the link on the pre-owned games guarantee it brings you to this page - http://www.gamestop....gs/landing/pog/ where they still guarantee cover art. I'd raise a stink, especially if, when you buy the game, it says "This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box with original cover art and instruction manual."

Gamestop, if you can't guarantee this, then go back to the "game is guaranteed to work but may not include instructions or original cover art." That, or get some competent people at your warehouses where you ship these out of. Reprimand and, eventually, fire those that can't follow directions. It is an inconvenience to the consumer to have to go to a store and return or exchange the product, or send it back to you, when you failed to deliver on your guarantee. Maybe you should watch a little Tommy Boy and learn something about guarantees.

#4273 KarlMarx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

KarlMarx

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:25 AM

What is the point of this guarantee if their online inventory is so fucking horrible.

#4274 xGunCrazyx  

Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:25 AM

Congrats to the winners :)

#4275 cheeky   CML CAGiversary!   1253 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:53 AM

Hmmm, seems like the gaurantee is no longer valid. A quick look through their pre owned ps3 listings confirms that, at least today, they're not gauranteeing anything. Sucks.

#4276 gryphter   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   535 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

Hmmm, seems like the gaurantee is no longer valid. A quick look through their pre owned ps3 listings confirms that, at least today, they're not gauranteeing anything. Sucks.

yeah, I was going to bite on a wii game but it said it may not include box and manual, I've suspected the guarantee is no more for a while and I guess this confirms it

#4277 wampa8jedi   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4096 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:13 AM

Yep, looks to be pretty much dead... even worse, two of the "guaranteed" games that I ordered last week shipped disc only.

#4278 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:53 AM

Two guaranteed games today came non complete. Man gamestop is always such a risk to deal with...they always take a step forward then 3/4ths of a step back! They started offering up these amazing deals and guarantees...but now it seems the guarantee is worth nothing, not to mention many stores are getting rid of PS2 game cases and manuals meaning that its harder and harder to get replacements for old games.

I would love it if CheapyD contacted gamestop about this issue and pinned them down on either truly guaranteeing their games, or getting rid of it.

#4279 rpnguyen  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:56 AM

this is why i try to buy new when dealing with gamestop

#4280 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:02 AM

this is why i try to buy new when dealing with gamestop

Problem is that when your getting 35-40% off it makes it hard to justify buying new and easy to justify taking a risk on a used copy. Especially when its always been you can easily return games to gamestop stores...well at least till recently, I and others are reporting stores being dicks about returns now!

#4281 DemonGamer24   Sniper, no sniping! CAGiversary!   232 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

DemonGamer24

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:06 AM

They might just be trying to get rid of all the "disc only" games they've been stocking up, and bring back the guarantee eventually (or not...).

I just hate how there's no reduced trade-in value for games without the case or manual.

#4282 jbroush99   Old Tickle Feathers CAGiversary!   2619 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:30 AM

What a bunch of aholes. Then again, you aren't even guaranteed a complete copy when you buy new games in store.

#4283 Danjer047   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Danjer047

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:33 AM

Batman: Arkham Asylum
DJ Hero

#4284 arcane93   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3671 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:59 AM

Meh . . . I broke my "no ordering used games from the GameStop website sight-unseen" rule a couple of weeks ago because of the guarantee and ordered a used game. Sure, it did indeed come with a cover and a manual. The disc was scratched, the manual was beat to all hell, and the cover had some unidentifiable black crap stuck on it. Needless to say, that shit went straight back to the nearest store, and my rule went right back into effect, guarantee or no.

Unless they're going to guarantee the condition of everything as well, their guarantee is worthless to me anyway. They might as well kill it.

#4285 Tgebbs   Black Label CAGiversary!   247 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:25 AM

Awesome opportunity, I know I've been waiting for the gold box of RE5 to become used at my local store, I should just check online.

#4286 warmsignal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

warmsignal

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:31 AM

What a bunch of aholes. Then again, you aren't even guaranteed a complete copy when you buy new games in store.

I beginning to think it doesn't matter anymore.

I've noticed when I buy a new and sealed game from a big box retail store, the manual if already beat up and finger picked. Sometimes the case, already warped or chipped...

New games just don't come mint anymore.

#4287 ©hris   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   8 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:43 AM

Arkham Asylum, Wolverine, GoW3 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 + 2 (all PS3)

#4288 Porpoise King   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   80 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Porpoise King

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:36 AM

Sure enough, I bought three games from GS online and one of the them was complete, the other two were missing Cover Art, Box, and Manual.

Freaking unacceptable, especially for them to not mention it or anything... gonna send them an email ASAP

#4289 MSI Magus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8156 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

Sure enough, I bought three games from GS online and one of the them was complete, the other two were missing Cover Art, Box, and Manual.

Freaking unacceptable, especially for them to not mention it or anything... gonna send them an email ASAP

Good luck with that, i polity pointed it out and all I got back was a general "we are sorry you are dissatisfied but our site clearly states that manuals and cases are not guaranteed"

#4290 fortfrolic13   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   3 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

fortfrolic13

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:07 PM

used game from gamefly are usually cheaper and always mint with original cover and instructions. Best part is you don't have to be a member to order from them. I generally don't deal with gamestop used games anymore. it's becoming harder and harder to buy a game with box art and manual in decent condition. between the stolen games that get sold there and the fact that some games are flipped 5 and 6 times it's pointless to sift through the stacks of crap to find a decent copy.