Post office throttling my gamefly arrivals.

Pharrell1

CAGiversary!
has it happened to anyone else? I dont think its game fly I think the post office is purposely sending me one game at a time. this monday I got sent four games from gamefly and I got a email saying they all shipped on monday I got my first game wednesday and today I got a game Im still owed 2 more games.

its just disappointing because it only takes three days for games to get to me since Im in california near the los angeles shipping center. theres only one game I expect to get late and thats because it was sent from the east coast in the pittsburgh shipping center but the rest should be here by yesterday and they weren't.

and the first clue I got from the post office doing this is that there was a lil tear on the gamefly sleeve like its been wallowing in the mailroom all day.

It's definitely Gamefly and not the post office. The post office is far too busy to give two shits about what mail you're getting.

Yep, more than likely, GF is saying they sent it out but in reality they haven't. The PO doesn't care about holding your stuff. They want that shit out of there not cluttering up the post office.

As everyone else has already said, it's on GF's end. The post office couldn't possibly care less. As far as GF throttling goes, I am one that has definitely accused them of this in the past. I would shoot them a message about it. Ever since I did, the turnaround has gone back to normal. Maybe, it was just mere coincidence. Probably was. But it can't hurt to shoot an e-mail and let them know you are not pleased with the recent service.

Interesting... I'm going to go against the grain here and agree with Pharrell1 that this seems to be a post office thing vs. a Gamefly thing.

In all my days with Gamefly I can say with impunity that when my account states something has shipped, it has, in fact, shipped. More often than not things will arrive as expected although every now and again I've had an experience much like Pharrell1 describes and while my postman hasn't outright admitted that the USPS dropped the ball, he's certainly hinted at it. This isn't exclusive to Gamefly. I've had other mail or packages follow a similar course.

That said, it is a good idea to notify Gamefly anyway. I'm pretty sure they keep tabs on this kind of thing and it can't hurt to cover all your bases.

When the hizell can you play four games @ one time anyway? Or were these purchases? Gamefly is great if you live in a state with a service center.

Well, here's the thing... Blockbuster and Game Crazy are dying an agonizing death. Gamefly is the leader of the rental pack.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32861720/ns/business-retail/

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/388288/videorental_chain_hollywood_video_shuts.html?cat=3

I'm a shameless gamefly whore. The way I see it, if they can save me $60/mo and/or the cost of 1 retail game then my subscription has paid for itself. Who cares if you have a few days extra to wait for something in the mail? Like you say... who's got all this freakin free time anyway? Until I figure out how to acquire independent wealth I gotta work which, sadly, leaves a limited amount of time for gaming.

That said, the gamefly selection, quality, cost, and ability to trade and buy all in one spot far surpasses anyone else's offerings to date. If the death of Blockbuster and brick and mortar rental options in general has finally arrived then you can pretty much count on gamefly picking up the slack and that translates to bigger and broader service and that pretty much benefits everyone.

Well, I'm going to give an opinion opposite to most. Post Office employees do "borrow" Gamefly games. There have been several dozen arrest for outright stealing games, but it's much harder to find the culprits when they simply intercept your game for a few days and then forward it on.

There's nothing you can do to control how you receive the games, except to watch for obviously tampered with packaging. However, I always return my games through a small local post office that has proved reliable. There are two bigger post offices closer to me, and whenever I have used them or a mail box that goes through these POs then I can guarantee that some of the games will take a week or more to get back to Gamefly.

For all you people saying that it isn't the post office, it very well could be. They aren't doing it on purpose, but it could still be their fault. For example, my dad subscribes to a weekly newspaper called 'Speed Sport News'. (All about racing. :D) Anyway, in the past 10 years, I think we've gotten maybe 2 issues on time, when all the rest of them come a week late, or sometimes two weeks late. But everybody else in the country gets theirs on time. The only possible explanation is that our Post Office is slow in dealing with mail.

I don't think anyone said that isn't possible that the post office is slow. There is a difference between slow and throttling. Besides, plenty of people have accused rental companies of throttling over the years. So, it's not a crazy notion.

The post office did it again! If I knew getting games 4 times at once would be such a problem I would just bought the game and have no hassles the game that was sent from Pittsburgh arrived on time I suppose but the game that was sent from Los Angeles is still not here probably coming tommorow this is the first time this happened. I live in california so its unfathomable that game coming from LA would take longer than a game coming from half way across the country.

Gotta agree with just about everyone else and say that the PO is most certainly not throttling anything. They deliver so many pieces of mail every day. They don't care about anyone's mail in-particular.

I recieved my FIFA 10 from gamefly on time. Go figure I guess its not wise to Rent out 4 games at a time.

[quote name='FunkyTang']What about the post office guy who was stealing GameFly games? Is the OP in his area?

http://gizmodo.com/5383983/postal-service-mail-handler-steals-2200-gamefly-rentals[/QUOTE]

I was when I had my Gamefly membership. Canceled it after two months having only received three games in five attempts.

But people reported throttling in other parts of the country, too. Gamefly definitely does it, and it's generally more noticeable than when Netflix does it.

bread's done
Back