Halloween/Horror deals 2009

GBmanNC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen a Halloween thread put up yet so I'll be listing horror movie deals here. Post deals if you got 'em!

Deep Discount:
Fox/MGM 2 for $10
A&E halloween sale
Halloween chiller sale (some good stuff in here, including Lucio Fulci movies)
Halloween DVD and Blu Ray up to 65% off (Good cheap stuff in here, including some blu ray)

Amazon:
Buy 1 get 1 free
Halloween dvd and blu ray sale

Walmart:
Scream 1-3 $10
Saw 1-5 unrated $20 (in store)
Happy Birthday to Me $5 (in store)

Buy.com
Up to 65% off Warner horror dvds

kmart 10/18 ad
Horror classics 5$
Hellraiser
Halloween (original)
Children Of The Corn (original)
Creepshow 2
Dawn Of The Dead (original)
Day Of The Dead (original)

I'll be adding new deals, and my favorite picks for those deals later. Lets see what you found!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly what i have been looking for, keep them coming!!! My wal mart had a bunch of $5 horror movies on sale, cant remember them all but Halloween 4&5 2 pack was $5 and Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre special edition was $5.

[quote name='Bl Prez']This is exactly what i have been looking for, keep them coming!!! My wal mart had a bunch of $5 horror movies on sale, cant remember them all but Halloween 4&5 2 pack was $5 and Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre special edition was $5.[/QUOTE]
The new release of Happy Birthday to Me is also 5 bucks at Walmart. Everywhere else wants 9.99 to 14.99 for it plus it's not supposed to be out till the 13th(amazon preorder date I had) but I got mine last week.

I saw some decent Halloween kids DVDs on the endcap at Target...Charlie Brown, Winnie the Pooh, Thomas the Train, Care Bears, etc. for $5 a pop.

that 2 for $10 deal on deepdiscount is killer. so many awesome midnight movies and double features. i could have easily spent $40+, but i was able to dwindle it down to a $10 purchase, Scarecrows and The Other, i have wanted to see those since forever and can't beat the price.

What Amazon is charging for Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition is criminal. I got it for $20 the day it came out over a year ago.

I love this time of year. You can get really schlocky horror for incredibly cheap so I don't feel so bad about adding it to my collection.

Any good recommendations on really scary horror films. i love this time time of the year and would be interested in picking up some good flicks. What are some of your personal favorite horror films for you guys/gals?

[quote name='bxkid']Any good recommendations on really scary horror films. i love this time time of the year and would be interested in picking up some good flicks. What are some of your personal favorite horror films for you guys/gals?[/QUOTE]

Have you seen The Descent yet? Probably my favorite from the last 4 years. Amazon has it for $8.50 dvd, 10 blu ray.

Tell us some other movies you like and we might be able to suggest some.

[quote name='Rafael122']Texas Chainsaw Massacre the original. I think its like $5 on Amazon. And it's the 2-disc set.[/QUOTE]

Also $4.99 at Best Buy. And it's a steelbook.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Have you seen The Descent yet? Probably my favorite from the last 4 years. Amazon has it for $8.50 dvd, 10 blu ray.

Tell us some other movies you like and we might be able to suggest some.[/QUOTE]
I know Walmart's are generally YMMV, but I've seen that in the $5 bin at a local Walmart.

Anyone see 28 Weeks Later on a deal? I got 28 Days Later on DVD for $4 from Walmart a few months ago but now they want $7.50 for either Days or Weeks.

Kind of disappointed in this year's offerings compared to years' past. Usually there would be a nice decent collection of horror films put on sale, with at least a couple I'd pick up. oh well, there are still a couple weeks left in Oct. Hopefully somebody puts some more on sale. I know years ago they'd put the 8 film to die for and other horror anthologies/series on sale.

at least there's Fearnet for some free horror offerings. They put up both the original and director's cut of Midnight Meat Train up again. They had it up for Oct last year, though not the DC. I watched it early this morning since I couldn't sleep, and all I can say is that I'm glad I didn't do a blind buy on that one. Pretty much crap.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Kind of disappointed in this year's offerings compared to years' past. Usually there would be a nice decent collection of horror films put on sale, with at least a couple I'd pick up. oh well, there are still a couple weeks left in Oct. Hopefully somebody puts some more on sale. I know years ago they'd put the 8 film to die for and other horror anthologies/series on sale.

at least there's Fearnet for some free horror offerings. They put up both the original and director's cut of Midnight Meat Train up again. They had it up for Oct last year, though not the DC. I watched it early this morning since I couldn't sleep, and all I can say is that I'm glad I didn't do a blind buy on that one. Pretty much crap.[/QUOTE]

Whats weird is we usually start seeing best buy advertise some good deals in the sunday ad early in oct. I don't believe there has been anything halloween related yet in any of the ads. We'll see what this weekend brings.

Not to deter from the rest of you who are still on the last-gen bandwagon, but dammit, why are there no good horror bluray releases this year? Pissing me off. :/

American Werewolf in London blu is pretty sweet, and I just read a review at blu-ray.com for the upcoming Night of the Creeps blu...sounds awesome.

-mattyp

[quote name='jaysapathy']Not to deter from the rest of you who are still on the last-gen bandwagon, but dammit, why are there no good horror bluray releases this year? Pissing me off. :/[/QUOTE]

This.

I can't find any deals on blue ray deals period, let alone any halloween blue ray sales. My local blockbuster has previously owned blue rays, 2 for 25 bones.

Not bad, but isn't fucking amazing either.

[quote name='GBmanNC']Whats weird is we usually start seeing best buy advertise some good deals in the sunday ad early in oct. I don't believe there has been anything halloween related yet in any of the ads. We'll see what this weekend brings.[/QUOTE]

Last year they didn't have an horror movie sales till the last week.

[quote name='Rafael122']Texas Chainsaw Massacre the original. I think its like $5 on Amazon. And it's the 2-disc set.[/QUOTE]

Excellent topic! I love this time of year, and especially love adding to my horror movie collection. I had to splurge and buy the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Blu-ray for $11.99 (now it's $10.99 at Amazon).

[quote name='GBmanNC']Have you seen The Descent yet? Probably my favorite from the last 4 years. Amazon has it for $8.50 dvd, 10 blu ray.
[/QUOTE]

I liked that movie a lot, I would have loved the shit out of it if the movie
ended suddenly with a cut to the credits when she was crying hysterically while driving the car to safety. It was predictable and generic to have her wake up and be like "it was just a dream, I'm gonna die!". It was actually would have been a more terrifying ending that way...if you realized she survived that nightmare but was probably a permanent basketcase because of it.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I liked that movie a lot, I would have loved the shit out of it if the movie
ended suddenly with a cut to the credits when she was crying hysterically while driving the car to safety. It was predictable and generic to have her wake up and be like "it was just a dream, I'm gonna die!". It was actually would have been a more terrifying ending that way...if you realized she survived that nightmare but was probably a permanent basketcase because of it.
[/QUOTE]

The 2nd american ending ends the way you want it to. In fact thats the official ending I guess because a sequel is coming out.

KMart's ad for tomorrow has the following :dvd: for $5, with additional titles available.

Hellraiser
Halloween (original)
Creepshow 2
Day Of The Dead (original)

[quote name='JJSP']KMart's ad for tomorrow has the following :dvd: for $5, with additional titles available.

Hellraiser
Halloween (original)
Creepshow 2
Day Of The Dead (original)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this! I'll definitely pick up Children of the Corn and Creepshow 2 (I have the others as should every horror movie fan)!

Walmart has

Return of the Living Dead - 7.50
The Decent - 5.00
Hostel 2 - 5.00
Happy Birthday to Me - 5.00
12 Movies of Horror (grindhouse films) - 5.00
Halloween 4 and 5 double feature - 5.00
Halloween 6,7,8 - 14.95
Every new friday the 13th deluxe editon 9.00

and a bunch of other 5-7.50 horror films, and these "dont vary" these are official prices at walmart.

also on bluray i saw

Resident Evil - 13
Resident Evil 2 - 13
Evil Dead 2 - 10
Halloween - 10
Robocop - 10
Rest Stop - 10
Rest Stop 2 - 10

and a few more

[quote name='styl3s']

also on bluray i saw

Resident Evil - 13
Resident Evil 2 - 13
Evil Dead 2 - 10
Halloween - 10
Robocop - 10
Rest Stop - 10
Rest Stop 2 - 10

and a few more[/QUOTE]

I bought Evil Dead 2, as well as Robocop. I'd have bought Halloween as well, but I have the rare Extended Edition version on DVD which includes the NBC Footage filmed just for the TV airing of the movie. When the "full" version of the film is released on Blu-ray, I'll upgrade.

bread's done
Back