*Now w/ Scans!* Best Buy RZ Premier Silver Mailed Coupons (10/9-10/18) IN STORE ONLY

quest1962

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
10/15: Scans now available in my profile.

All these coupons state "when you use your RZ program Premier Silver membership"

IN STORE ONLY! NO ONLINE, INCLUDING IN-STORE PICK-UP!

10% OFF ALL Regular-priced Video Games; PC games & Accessories; Music; Movies & TV-DVDs (?). ANY COMBINATION, LIMIT 3

This ought to include all new games (Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2 . . .) Exclusions are only for new release DVDs and Video game HARDWARE!

12% off any SINGLE Regular priced item in: Home Theater (TVs $799 and up) and Valid on Magnolia Home Theater (except Bose, MartinLogan and special orders); Computer Accessories; Digital Cameras & Camcorders; Phones & Accessories; MP3 Players & Car Electronics; Appliances; Musical Instruments

10% off any SINGLE Regular priced item in: Home Theater (TVs $799 and up) and Valid on Magnolia Home Theater (except Bose, MartinLogan and special orders); Computer Accessories; Digital Cameras & Camcorders; Phones & Accessories; MP3 Players & Car Electronics; Appliances; Musical Instruments

15% off and Single regular-priced major appliance, in-store and in-stock only

10% off any Single regular-priced TV $799 & up.

Typical exclusions for these coupons except as noted above.

I am digging this because we need a new flat-screen!

The Video game coupon should partner up nicely with this pre-order deal: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237557&page=18

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking for a new LCD TV I'd recommend doing some research online. I've always found certain TVs $200-$400 cheaper, with free shipping, from an e-tailer over Best Buy. Too many people dive into BB thinking they are getting an awesome deal, but don't know how much more they really are paying. My girl had a RZ card and not once ever received coupons and deals. She just ended up canceling it.

If they're going to be phasing out the use of these coupons, which have been around forever, to only RZ Silver Memberships, they're going to have lots of people quite pissed at BB.

I'd second the thought about looking around online for deals on TV's, since I managed to save $600-800 on a TV during BF by purchasing it from Amazon versus purchasing it from Best Buy, Ultimate Electronics or Circuit City (this was when they were still around).

Best Buy has its place, and those coupons do help deal with their pricing to a more reasonable level, though they're not always what they're cracked up to be.

[quote name='sadunk']Do they take scans? Could possibly scan it so we can print it out. They're not 1 time use.[/QUOTE]
I have no access.

They do say "no copies" on them, as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']If they're going to be phasing out the use of these coupons, which have been around forever, to only RZ Silver Memberships, they're going to have lots of people quite pissed at BB.

I'd second the thought about looking around online for deals on TV's, since I managed to save $600-800 on a TV during BF by purchasing it from Amazon versus purchasing it from Best Buy, Ultimate Electronics or Circuit City (this was when they were still around).

Best Buy has its place, and those coupons do help deal with their pricing to a more reasonable level, though they're not always what they're cracked up to be.[/QUOTE]

I think it is only going to get worse.. If you haven't seen this yet BB is changing the Reward Zone program so your unused points will expire at the end of the year. Makes me wonder if all of the points people get from holiday purchases will expire by the end of that year.

HDguru said that BB.com's prices can be less than in-store pricing LINK . So even with use of the coupons you could be worse off going into the store than buying online from Best Buy.

With great strategies like this it makes one wonder when BestBuy.com will join the Tigerdirect/CircuityCity/Compusa group.

[quote name='shrike4242']If they're going to be phasing out the use of these coupons, which have been around forever, to only RZ Silver Memberships, they're going to have lots of people quite pissed at BB.

Best Buy has its place, and those coupons do help deal with their pricing to a more reasonable level, though they're not always what they're cracked up to be.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, and appreciated, both of you.

I have no idea if the other coupons are being phased out. I wouldn't get them, since I am RZ Silver.

I have done some research, and have a pressing need to replace sooner than BF, unfortunately. I got Mom a 46" Samsung LCD @ BB last year for under $1000. We also have no way to have an item that size delivered, even for the RZ Silver cost of FREE.:bomb:

I also have over $200 in certificates I can use for this purchase.:bouncy:

Thanks for the posts/info!

I got mine today; I now wish I had waited on a recent purchase.

Shrike, I can see where you are coming from with the silver thing. I haven't gotten any of these mailer packs in months but have been using the 10% off movers coupon regularly. As long as that thing is floating around I think I'm good (I am coming close to not making a silver renewal for next year).

I am a regular RZ member and gamer's club member and I just got the same set of coupons by e-mail. I noticed for us regular members, the coupons run 10/09/09 - 10/12/09. It looks like silver members get an extra six days. Not a huge deal to me and certainly not worth trying to spend tons of money at Best Buy to qualify for silver.

[quote name='bojay1997']I am a regular RZ member and gamer's club member and I just got the same set of coupons by e-mail. I noticed for us regular members, the coupons run 10/09/09 - 10/12/09. It looks like silver members get an extra six days. Not a huge deal to me and certainly not worth trying to spend tons of money at Best Buy to qualify for silver.[/QUOTE]
I've been geting coupons about 4-5 times a year. I am glad to see that there is little difference between the coupons, save for the duration.

I've been lucky (?) to need to replace a bunch of items over the last year, and my silver goes through Feb. 2011, at the mooment. Next year, I expect not to spend enough to renew it. Unless the new Dining RZ counts. Then, maybe.

[quote name='quest1962']Agreed, and appreciated, both of you.

I have no idea if the other coupons are being phased out. I wouldn't get them, since I am RZ Silver.

I have done some research, and have a pressing need to replace sooner than BF, unfortunately. I got Mom a 46" Samsung LCD @ BB last year for under $1000. We also have no way to have an item that size delivered, even for the RZ Silver cost of FREE.:bomb:

Thanks for the posts/info![/QUOTE]Since you have $200 in certs, then that's one good reason to pick something up at BB. Since CC's now gone, there's no national retailer to match BB on their full line of TV's, save local chains like h. h. gregg, Ultimate Electronics, Nebraska Furniture Mart, American TV & Furniture and the like.

I would certainly make sure you check the BB.com prices for the item you'd be looking at in-store and check places online like OneCall.com, 6Ave.com, JR.com, NewEgg.com, and Amazon.com for some comparisons.

The RZ certs will certainly help deal with the cost of tax, as well as some savings, so keep that in mind as well.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I got mine today; I now wish I had waited on a recent purchase.

Shrike, I can see where you are coming from with the silver thing. I haven't gotten any of these mailer packs in months but have been using the 10% off movers coupon regularly. As long as that thing is floating around I think I'm good (I am coming close to not making a silver renewal for next year).[/QUOTE]I haven't seen any of the mailer packs in a while with the coupons, though I've seen scans of them on SD and FW from time to time.

I'm more than halfway back to Silver status, though I can't see bridging the gap between now and the end of the year (or Feb 2010, since I think they changed the program yearly "restart" timeframe to Feb), so I doubt it'll matter for me.

I understand giving Silver members their perks, though don't stiff the non-Silver members at the same time.

Wow, I hadn't heard about the changes they were making involving RZ Silver status and below. Since the start of this economy, I have hardly been going to BB as they're deals have only gotten worse and worse, perhaps especially more now that CC is gone and they don't have any national competition to speak of. I have some reward certs I've been saving, but once I use those, I hardly think I'll ever go to BB as their service sucks and there is hardly any point with the fine online retailers now. I don't even think I'm RZ silver, or ever have been for that matter. BB, the world's next CC and CompUSA.

I shop mostly online nowadays but for electronics like TV's, places like Amazon might be cheaper,no shipping,no tax BUT if something were to go wrong with your TV like bad pixels,scratched,cracked,blur or whatever then it would be a pain just going through returns,shipping,time lost etc.This is not always the case though, but I would rather go to a B&M store and buy it from there UNLESS the price difference is unreasonable.

Again it all depends on your circumstances.I only shop there right now because I sometimes stumble upon CListers selling their BB GCards for 30% off face value sometimes.Other than that I think I am shopping online. :)

WTH, I am a RZ Silver member but only got the coupons that expire on the 12th.

Used the 10% of a 52" 1080p LCD to get 99 off 999 with free shipping and 18 months 0% and don't forget RZ points. Good deals on LCDs.

[quote name='quest1962']I have no access.

They do say "no copies" on them, as well.[/QUOTE]

The coupons don't go through anyways without a RZ Silver membership anyways if this is restricted specifically for RZ Silver members. It'll scan in, but when they hit total, it won't take off the discount, so probably won't work even with an original coupon.

[quote name='quest1962']Agreed, and appreciated, both of you.

Thanks for the posts/info![/QUOTE]

Make sure you use those certificates before they expire. You should have just chose to bank them instead, since you're a RZ Silver member and we have those options. I hate how certificates expire, at least if you bank them, you won't feel rushed to spend before expiration.

I just got 2 separate emails with these coupons and I'm not a premier silver member. One email was just from Best Buy while the other one was from Best Buy Reward Zone.

[quote name='jling84']I just got 2 separate emails with these coupons and I'm not a premier silver member. One email was just from Best Buy while the other one was from Best Buy Reward Zone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thought so. I didn't think they were exclusive, otherwise there would be no point for people to even really have RZ if they can't get it on these promotions. I guess they are now personalizing coupons for RZ Silver members though, which seems sort of unecessary and a waste of effort since the coupons seem to work exactly the same. Either way you do still need a RZ account of some sort to get it to go through, so if you just get a scan, it may or may not work even if it scans in. It may not work when you total it. Membership is free anyways though, so if you don't got one, just sign up for it. I think the minimum age to sign up for one is 16 or something, or at least thats what it is in Cali.

One good thing that BB has for its Silver Premier members that you should be able to use: I pulled this from the BB website.

"Your Premier Silver status entitles you to one complimentary Geek Squad® home theater consultation each year - a $99.99 value. You'll also get a $100 coupon during the consultation, which you can use toward any future home theater purchase totaling $499 or more."

So even if you don't go with their suggestions, you still get the $100 coupon. Kind of like the whole timeshare pitch deal. All that you have to do is listen to them pitch some of their services. Why not give it a try?

I'm probably missing something in my RZ online profile, but is there some sort of setting that enables you to get these coupons through e-mail? I still get them through regular mail.

[quote name='jling84']I just got 2 separate emails with these coupons and I'm not a premier silver member. One email was just from Best Buy while the other one was from Best Buy Reward Zone.[/QUOTE]

Are the coupons a generic link or a link to a pdf file? If so would you mind posting it? All I got are the gamer's club email.

And I don't get any of these mailings anymore, thought I used to. Planning on picking up a Zune HD this weekend, and that 10% off would be a big help!

I never really got these in time to use because I was at school and I would get the paper mailed copies, my folks forward my mail every couple weeks and the damn things always showed up 2 days after they sent my mail, but since I think they are looking to stop mailing out paper cert and mailers which saves them money, they have jumped onto emailing the coupons to people it has helped me save on some decent stuff.

Can anyone post the actual coupon, either real or the one emailed? I have $30 in giftcards, so I'll probably pick up Demon's Souls, but only if it has the artbook.

I get those coupons every Government Holiday weekend. It never fails. I never use them as 10% covers tax. I usually wait for the B1G1 or B2G1 sales. I can also get 10% of Amazon for ECA everyday.

I have always had my email in my Reward Zone profile and I usually get a mix of email or mail coupons. I always get the mail coupons, quarterly for the email.

Is it just me or did someone screw up at BB and the links up top don't work?

edit: i meant the navigation links at the top of the bestbuy.com page. but thanks... and they seem to be working now.

I think best buy has cut back on doing as many mailings in general and they've been revamping the reward zone program as well....They are shifting to online only delivery of the RZ coupons and required people to provide a valid email address....I wouldn't be surprised if they start phasing out mailed coupons in general. Also these silver level coupons are good for 10 days while previous mailed coupons were only good for 3-4 days (same with the coupons in the PDF)

Add to the new reward zone that your points expire at the end of the year. I agree it is digital now for the reward zone.

[quote name='motorcitydice']One good thing that BB has for its Silver Premier members that you should be able to use: I pulled this from the BB website.

"Your Premier Silver status entitles you to one complimentary Geek Squad® home theater consultation each year - a $99.99 value. You'll also get a $100 coupon during the consultation, which you can use toward any future home theater purchase totaling $499 or more."

So even if you don't go with their suggestions, you still get the $100 coupon. Kind of like the whole timeshare pitch deal. All that you have to do is listen to them pitch some of their services. Why not give it a try?[/QUOTE]

I had never read that option, since I really don't need thier input. But $100 just to let them look and suggest? I'm in for 5!;)

Thank you to the scanner/posters! That is what makes this site so cool. More like a neighborhood than my real one!:roll:

Whew! 30 more minutes, and I can go home for the first time in 2 days...
Naptime, then on to the games!

[quote name='matthewrex']I just hate how they've limited these coupons to 3 days. :roll:[/QUOTE]
The "regular" RZ coupons (for me) were always 3 days. Often 3 days I was not going to be available to shop, but 3 none-the-less.

These are the first I have gotten that are Silver RZ specific, and are for a longer period.

@Shrike- Thanks for the other websites. I will look there before I go to BB.

Thank you wonderful CAGer's for posting the PDF, you saved me from wanting to shoot myself. Had the coupons on my counter since last thursday, everyday I thought I should put them in my wallet b/c today I wanted to use the 10% off AND $10 GC coupon to get A Boy and His Blob.

CAG saved me from missing out on 10%!! here's to hoping they let me stack two coupons, no where on either does it say 'Not valid with any other offers or promotions or coupons"

I have a little insight into these coupons (they're called Exclusive Sales Events - ESEs). They are mailed (email or direct mail) to members based on their prior usage of these coupons. So, if you're someone who has responded to an ESE before, you're probably going to continue getting coupons in the future.

The Reward Zone program is moving its focus to Premier Silver members, since these are Best Buy's best customers. Since the program went free a few years back, the company has gotten millions of useless accounts with millions of unused RZ points. As you can imagine, all of these unused points are quite a liability on Best Buy's books. This is why they are changing the program so that points will expire if they are not used.

One thing for all Reward Zone members to note, Best Buy is now requiring your email address to stay active in the program. If you do not have an email address on file by the end of October, they will be suspending your account cashing out all of your certificates (you'll get your certs up to the nearest certificate amount - e.g. if you have 260 points, you'll get a $5 cert for 250 points, and you'll forfeit the remaining 10 points). The reason for this is twofold - first to get that major points expense off the books, and second to modernize the program by being more digital - more emphasis on email than on direct mail. Certificate will no longer be sent in the snail mail.

Premier Silver members are exempt from most of this. These members can bank points, so certificates will never expire (unless you issue them, which means you get a few months to use them before they expire). They still want your email address, but you're account will not be cashed out if are PS, only suspended until you update your email.

Anyway, I don't think Best Buy prices are so bad. Are they always the cheapest? No, but people don't realize that you can negotiate with the sales associates on most items (usually not games, movies, CDs - the low margin stuff). I usually am able to get "internet" pricing on stuff by being a little shrewd. Plus, I get RZ points.

I am a Silver Member, but have yet to recieve these coupons. I have recieved them many times before but again, I don't specifically recall Silver member-exclusive coupons. I don't think I've ever actually used one of the coupons, but they're the only BB thing that still comes in the regular mail.

I would be totally pissed if they cancelled all of my points at the end of the year; I'm banking them, and have already saved up quite a few.

I know some of you guys really don't like Best Buy, but I've only ever had good experiences with them. Sure, their prices are high, but I don't ever buy anything full price there; the majority of my purchases are price-matched. Also keep in mind, some people don't have other options. I live in Spokane, WA and there is nowhere to buy decent electronics besides BB. Buying online is good, but it doesn't help me if I need the product right away. Since CC and CompUSA closed, Best Buy is all we got. Even then, they only carry like, middle to low consumer-level items.

We could really use a Fry's...

Okay. I can't figure out the ImageShack thing on short notice (anyone got a lesson for me?).

Scans are in my profile page, file is called "Coupons"

I scanned both sides, in case that was important to anyone.

Updating title to say so.

Thanks for your patience!

Quest1962

[quote name='unopepito06']I am a Silver Member, but have yet to recieve these coupons. I have recieved them many times before but again, I don't specifically recall Silver member-exclusive coupons. I don't think I've ever actually used one of the coupons, but they're the only BB thing that still comes in the regular mail.

I would be totally pissed if they cancelled all of my points at the end of the year; I'm banking them, and have already saved up quite a few.

I know some of you guys really don't like Best Buy, but I've only ever had good experiences with them. Sure, their prices are high, but I don't ever buy anything full price there; the majority of my purchases are price-matched. Also keep in mind, some people don't have other options. I live in Spokane, WA and there is nowhere to buy decent electronics besides BB. Buying online is good, but it doesn't help me if I need the product right away. Since CC and CompUSA closed, Best Buy is all we got. Even then, they only carry like, middle to low consumer-level items.

We could really use a Fry's...[/QUOTE]

They do price matching?

[quote name='unopepito06']I would be totally pissed if they cancelled all of my points at the end of the year; I'm banking them, and have already saved up quite a few.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. But from what I understand, they won't be cancelling any, just cashing out the prior years RZ points to certificates around February of each year. So no more saving huge amounts for Silver Premier members. I could be wrong though.

Sucks because I have like 13k right now. No real desire to purchase anything ATM

bread's done
Back