Going out of business sales

redrobot

CAGiversary!
So the other day I went to check what my local target had in the way of deals. After turning up absolutely nothing I said wat the hell and went across the street to see if the independent store had anything good. No dice they went out of business. Lo and behold the wherehouse(torrance, ca) lost their lease and was going out of business. I scored:

Champions of Norrath $10
Final Fantasy X-2 $10
Prince of Persia:SoT $10
Harvest Moon (ps2) $6.50
Transworld Surf(xbox) $7.50
MVP Baseball 2004(ps2)$10

I'm gonna go back and get true crime and maybe socom 2 for 10 bucks each. I found this deal 2 days ago and i still cant get the smile off of my face :D
Has anyone else had a great clearance experience like this?

MVP for $10!?! It just came out like a week ago. It is almost tempting to drive there for deals this good.

My best clearance experience was only 50% off at Sam Goody.

You lucky bastard you.

any chance you can pick me up the first three games? :D I'd be your bset friend :wink:

got the last one of all those games except prince of persia. Theyre selling all the rental games at 50% off which makes em 9.99 each. All rental dvd's are $5 too. When I was there they had the back to the future set for 5 bucks per movie, almost made me buy a second set

Would you mind looking for Prince of Persia when you go there next then? I'd give you a little something for your trouble. That's the only game I wanted anyways.

Oh one thing i forgot if anyone wants to make the trip, they had 3 used xboxes and 2 used dreamcasts. The guy told me that they were 50% off as well which puts the xboxes at $65 each and the dc's at $5 each (dc's had no cables or controllers). Probably should call ahead on that one to make sure they still have the systems. It's the wherehouse on sepulveda and hawthorne

[quote name='redrobot']So the other day I went to check what my local target had in the way of deals. After turning up absolutely nothing I said wat the hell and went across the street to see if the independent store had anything good. No dice they went out of business. Lo and behold the wherehouse(torrance, ca) lost their lease and was going out of business. I scored:

Champions of Norrath $10
Final Fantasy X-2 $10
Harvest Moon (ps2) $6.50

I'm gonna go back and get true crime and maybe socom 2 for 10 bucks each. I found this deal 2 days ago and i still cant get the smile off of my face :D
Has anyone else had a great clearance experience like this?[/quote]

Wow. Those are great buys.

Wow man. That a hell of a deal! Damn i wish i was there. Can you like get an xbox for me and ill pay you. Just sold a computer.. hehe.. look at my avatar heh 8)

[quote name='redrobot']So the other day I went to check what my local target had in the way of deals. After turning up absolutely nothing I said wat the hell and went across the street to see if the independent store had anything good. No dice they went out of business. Lo and behold the wherehouse(torrance, ca) lost their lease and was going out of business. I scored:

Champions of Norrath $10
Final Fantasy X-2 $10
Harvest Moon (ps2) $6.50

Has anyone else had a great clearance experience like this?[/quote]

no words can express how i feel... this'll have to do: :shock:

if there are any good DC games or any good Xbox, GCN or GBA games tell me and I wil most certainly make it worth it for you

My best-ever going out of business deal was actually on a movie: $22 for a sealed copy of RoboCop (Criterion Edition). I can't believe this sat on a shelf that long, it had been out of print for over a year and used copies sell for ~$50 on eBay.

Just got back from there

There isn't anything good at all. The only good thing was the gta double pack for 14.99. Everything else that wasn't previously a rental is retail minus 20 percent and everything left was used. Not many rentals were left, and what was left was crap.

I wish i read this a week ago. I bet that other wherehouse 4 miles away from it is due to go out of business aswell

Lucky bastard. :D

The best deal I've gotten during a going out of business sale was Legend of the River King 2 for $7.50, and that's not really all that impressive...I wish I could find deals like this once in a while.

bread's done
Back