Atlanta @ Indianapolis
Green Bay @ Dallas
Seattle @ New Orleans

--------------------------

News and Headlines:
Trade deadline has passed.

---------------------------
  • Team Owners
(click on the name to send a PM. click the team to view their league page and contact info.)

Bengals - Amusedtoe

Bills - Supadupacheap

Broncos - Eagle1Fox2

Bucs - Zewone

Chargers - Arkay Firestar

Colts - SteveMcQ

Cowboys - Santurio

Eagles - ** open **

Falcons - Craven_fiend

Giants - Rich

Packers - Matt Young

Rams - Gomer1andonly

Saints - Gaelan

Seahawks - Sgs89

Titans - Maximo1324

Vikings - Starman9000

ok heres some people's live tags:

craven fiend
jlarlee
DJDoubleDown is his take DoubleDown is his nick on here
RichD1 i believe is the same

I'm signed up and ready to go. I was so tempted to take the Colts since they were open but I decided not to. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to whip someone's ass in ESPN.

[quote name='craven_fiend']nice sig man. i was gonna bump both threads this morning too. haha[/quote]

My name is SupaDupaCheapl.....and Im an attention whore. :p

I'd like to join as the Cowboys... what do I need to do?

EDIT: D'oh I thought this was on PS2... so anyone interested in starting a PS2 league? :p

I just played someone in a game, Indy vs Buffalo--I threw 6 pics with Manning to lose it. :(

I got an inside kick recovery with 50 seconds left and threw a pic on the 10 with 15 seconds left / 2 timeouts :(

If it's still open I'd like to join since every leauge I've tried to play in has folded before the first game. :evil:

My Live tag is Toast Maker and since someone's taken my beloved Patriots and Lions :evil: this is a tough choice. My top three then would be:

Bengals
Chargers
Steelers

If I need to reply to something on Live for the leauge I won't be able to be on for a day or two since I had to relocate the XBox and are waiting on the wireless adapter to come.

Edit- Laf, and that's why Manning won't be beating the Pats anytme soon. :lol:

[quote name='RichD1']Can we start ASAP once that spot is filled?[/quote]

yeah, games will generally be played on sat-mon, but if you and your opponent happen to be on then its all good to play. also some won't be able to set up until they are home from work tonight.

I think you might be asking for trouble by letting so many people in especially low post/new members. This is why the other leagues didn't work, but its your league so whatever and good luck. :)

[quote name='zewone']I think you might be asking for trouble by letting so many people in especially low post/new members. This is why the other leagues didn't work, but its your league so whatever and good luck. :)[/quote]

i hope it works, if not, i'll have supa start up another one and move the higher post counts to it.

i think the league is full, sorry about that poster above me.

I know I really don't post but I want in If there is still room I wanna chose the Tennessee Titans Im Ramo Z boyeeee.
Titans- Maximo1324

I'd love in on the league also, but if the league is full, let us know who got in so the people who didnt make it in can try to form a second league. If need be, I'll start up the second league, but thats only if the demand is there and the people who cant get into this one will make thier games. Let us know OP, thanks!!

[quote name='gomer1andonly']I'd love in on the league also, but if the league is full, let us know who got in so the people who didnt make it in can try to form a second league. If need be, I'll start up the second league, but thats only if the demand is there and the people who cant get into this one will make thier games. Let us know OP, thanks!![/quote]

i'll let everyone know the status of the league tomorrow afternoon. at that time its going to be first to signup instead of who called dibs. i am tired of waiting to here from people as to whether they are in or not. so tomorrow when i wake up, late afternoon, i will send the info to everyone and whomever joins up joins up. so to those of you that already have the info, if you are playing in this league take care of it by tomorrow afternoon or atleast pm telling me you will join tomorrow evening.

[quote name='zewone']I think you might be asking for trouble by letting so many people in especially low post/new members. This is why the other leagues didn't work, but its your league so whatever and good luck. :)[/quote]

Well I won't be flaking out even though my post counts low I've been trying to play in a leauge so long. :D

It's so shiny and real it makes me just want to reach out and kick TO in the ankle. :twisted:

I'm glad we got the leauge going, I spent a half hour trying to find a game, any game, to play in just now and no dice. Only one I managed to find the loser quit after he scored the opening touchdown. :(

[quote name='supadupacheap']Hey guys,
Got my friend to put together a sweet opening page for our league website. What do you think of it?

[/quote]

I've got more webspace than a small country if ya need any.

[quote name='amusedtoe']It's so shiny and real it makes me just want to reach out and kick TO in the ankle. :twisted:

I'm glad we got the leauge going, I spent a half hour trying to find a game, any game, to play in just now and no dice. Only one I managed to find the loser quit after he scored the opening touchdown. :([/quote]

I usually find a game within a few minutes, and they're almost always fucking nailbiters right to the end.
I

Thanks for the interest guys. We've nearly completed everything. I need to get up with CFiend for us to finalize a few things then we'll send out all the info you need and passwords. Ill post any new info here in the thread. If you need anything or I made a mistake team wise, PM me. Im here for ya.

bump and a reminder to supadupa that starman is taking the vikings. this should be an interesting league, 16 teams.

How many games did you decide on supa? How many teams in the playoffs?

[quote name='RichD1']It should be 16 games, 6 in the playoffs (2 byes) or an 8 game playoff.[/quote]

yeah, that way we atleast play everyone once. plays 6 or 8 is good, but idk, he's set the league up, so we'll see.

time to go to work

I signed up last night in the league as the Seahawks. The league then showed up under "My Leagues."

Tonight, however, it was no longer listed under My Leagues. Also, I had an announcement saying the league had been withdrawn by the administrator. What happened?

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='RichD1']It should be 16 games, 6 in the playoffs (2 byes) or an 8 game playoff.[/quote]

yeah, that way we atleast play everyone once. plays 6 or 8 is good, but idk, he's set the league up, so we'll see.

time to go to work[/quote]

While that is my *dream*(probably moreso than any one of you) , at this point its just not logical to set it up that way. This is a fledgling league that is following 3 other unsuccessful leagues (says Zewone) We dont know personal schedules yet, who can be counted on, who we're gonna have to drag along with us to get the season done. I very much think of this first season as our preseaon. It will give us a chance to get our day to day ops in order and lay down a good communication network. If you fellas (and gal :wink: ) truly want a 16:8 then make sure you play your games and everyone else plays theres. Learn to walk before we run guys. If we are committed and stick with it we can blow through the 8 game in no time. Then we'll know who to carry on with us to our dream league, and who should be left behind in the dust.

Thanks
Mike

** News Update **

Ok guys, its very early Thursday morning and Im working hard trying to get the league and site up and at least functional by this evening. I wont be generating the schedule (so no games will take place) until I get everyone logged in and their contact information updated. So if you are eager to play and you see one of your buddies lagging behind, a friendly reminder will benefit us both. (dont worry, Ill be on him too just remember I have 15 of you to deal with so Ill be a little slower)

Everything has come together really well so far. Yesterday I got a lot done and I should be able to get even more done today. :D Please try not to get impatient with me. Im working my tail off trying to get things set so we kickoff this weekend. Theres just a lot of work to do first if we're going to do this thing right. Ive spent the better part of my last 2 days off working exclusively on the league and site. As you can see, Im just as eager as all of you. So bear with me, we'll be up and running soon. You have my word.

Well guys, I would love to stay and update you more but thats time I could be working on the league. So, Im gonna stop here for now but feel free to contact me if there are any pressing concerns or issues.

Mike

just to inforn you supa, most, if not all of us had agreed to play sat-mon to begin with, so i think a 16 game season would be plausable. i am sure we could get commitments from people to play atleast 2 weekend games, and if possible play 1 game during the week. but hey, i guess since the ball is now in your court, its up to you.

[quote name='DJ K8E']Snap, this isn't PS2? Poopy...[/quote]

yeah, its not. this is the X Box forum after all =].

i think jammr was wanting to start a ps2 one, pm him and see. sorry you couldn't join. or can you?

[quote name='craven_fiend']just to inforn you supa, most, if not all of us had agreed to play sat-mon to begin with, so i think a 16 game season would be plausable. i am sure we could get commitments from people to play atleast 2 weekend games, and if possible play 1 game during the week. but hey, i guess since the ball is now in your court, its up to you.[/quote]

Yeah, my hope is still we just stick with the 8. If you guys are as committed as you say you are, we'll blast through it in a few weekends. Then we'll have a good base already established and know whos to be counted on. If you guys whip out the torches and pitchforks tho, I could be convinced to up it to 16. In my heart tho, I really believe, for now, 8 is the way to go.

I personally wouldn't mind the shorter season as opposed to the leauge falling apart in week 4 or whatever, especially if we plan to carry on after it with another one.

bread's done
Back