Ratchet and Clank: Quest For Booty - $9.99 - Amazon PSN store

Its incredibly short, IIRC I finished it in under 2 hours. Weapons are very limited. Maybe for $4.99 its worth it but for $14.99 its completely overprices and $9.99 isnt much better IMO.

I'm a huge Ratchet fan, and I kind of regretted paying $15.00 for the game at launch. The game is very short (3ish hours max). No upgrades, no hidden items if I remember correctly. So basically, zero replay value (think you can play on a harder difficulty though).

My main problem with the game, however, was that all of the environments in the this DLC felt confined or limiting. Yeah I know it's just DLC, but I would have liked to see more size/scope of the levels from the RaC - Tools of destruction.

Today, I'm not sure I would have bitten at $10.00. But $5.00? heck yeah.

This is very tempting because I want to play it before ACIT comes out and I was waiting for a price drop. Game seems a bit short for the price tag, but I think I might go for it before it goes back up in price. Would love to get it for less than 9.99, but then again I'd rather not pay 14.99.

Thanks for the heads up!

This was released on blu-ray in europe, and for a while it could be had reasonably cheap on ebay. Prices seem to have gone way up though.

I love Ratchet slightly more than the next guy but $10 is still too much for now.

If you're a huge Ratchet fan, then it may be worth thinking it over at $9.99. If you're just mildly interested, then move along as it's just too short to justify the purchase.

Like everyone has said - this is a $5 title, nothing more. Way too short, no bonus anything, etc.

If somehow the new game would recognize that you played/bought it and give you some sort of bonus - maybe. But at this point I haven't heard a single thing about that happening.

So, unless you're a diehard R&C nut like me, you shouldn't bother.

its great to see these DLC sales on Amazon, but why does it seem its only a trend at first? It's like its just there to peak interest, then bam! no more sales. After all, when was the last report of something being discounted on XBL thru Amazon since the 'Summer of Arcade'? which was just a bit after the service found its way to Amazon. I have a feeling these will pass, even though their tempting.

Will hold off on this for now. Do you have to have the disc, or have ever put the disc in the PS3 to play this?

I've already been talked out of this game for $10, but I do love seeing a PSN game on sale through amazon. I hope we start seeing a lot of that.

I'm not a huge fan of Ratchet and Clank, but I really enjoyed Future, and had no problem paying $15 for the game the first week it came out. Yea, it may be $15 for 2-3 hours of gameplay, but Future was $60 when it came out for 8-10hrs of gameplay w/no replay value, so it equates to about the same price/amount of gameplay. $10 is a great deal then. Unless you played through Future though, it may not be worth it.

[quote name='token2k6']its great to see these DLC sales on Amazon, but why does it seem its only a trend at first? It's like its just there to peak interest, then bam! no more sales. After all, when was the last report of something being discounted on XBL thru Amazon since the 'Summer of Arcade'? which was just a bit after the service found its way to Amazon. I have a feeling these will pass, even though their tempting.

Will hold off on this for now. Do you have to have the disc, or have ever put the disc in the PS3 to play this?[/QUOTE]

you don't need the original game. but you don't sound like you are a ratchet and clank fan if you don't have the game, and as a fan myself, i'd have to say that even at $5 off original price, you have to think hard about buying this.

yea, well it remains to be seen whether there will be future sales like this on Amazon's PSN offerings. also, is it is just me, or one serious disadvantage of DLC over physical content is that DLC rarely gets dropped in price compared to physical content, especially permanent price drops. i know there are sales and such on XBLM (a recent one was PoP Epilogue) and rarely on the PSN store (like 50% off Atlus PSP games).

i believe this is mainly because b&m stores have limited shelf/stock space and are so more motivated to get rid of their goods by discounting them while digital stores like XBLM and the PSN store have no such motivation to them, especially if they have a monopoly on the content. e.g, we probably won't ever see things like the Ninja Gaiden Sigma packs or the R&C future xpac for that matter get permanently discounted in the official store. sometimes, and very rarely, dlc gets released for free a while after release, such as the halo maps, or resistance maps. we also won't see FFVII PS1 classic or MvC 2 discounted for a long time too, since there is high demand for those along with a virtual monopoly.

P.S. it's "pique", not "peak"

[quote name='rpnguyen'] P.S. it's "pique", not "peak"[/QUOTE]

Grammar police! You are wrong, though. Peak was the correct word. :booty:

That said, I'm gonna grab the game. I have a crap ton of credit from trade ins and need something to play this weekend.

Hmm, does anyone know how to use credit to purchase this? It takes me straight to entering a credit card number. I may try to complete the purchase and see if it uses my credit automatically.

edit: Yup; applied the gift card after entering my credit card info (even though I have two on file with them. It always asks when buying game codes for some reason).

I bought it last month its very fun but very short what really stung was the price. This is why digital distribution would suck.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Haha, if you really wanna do this...

Dictionary.com (not some .edu guy's website):

pique: to affect with sharp irritation and resentment
peak: the highest or most important point or level[/QUOTE]

naw i don't wanna do it.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Haha, if you really wanna do this...

Dictionary.com (not some .edu guy's website):

pique: to affect with sharp irritation and resentment
peak: the highest or most important point or level[/QUOTE]

you're wrong.

Pique: to excite or arouse especially by a provocation

I happily bought it for 10 as I just bought tools for 20. They will be my first ratchet games and 30 bucks for the 2 of them seems like a good deal to me. I love me some pirates and amazon.com.

[quote name='doodofdoods']you're wrong.

Pique: to excite or arouse especially by a provocation[/QUOTE]

I got mine directly from a dictionary. But enough of this...I mean seriously.:applause:

[quote name='hobbie8046']I got mine directly from a dictionary. But enough of this...I mean seriously.:applause:[/QUOTE]

As a Grammar Nazi, I do feel compelled to point out that you were wrong. The word is "pique."

And to get back on topic, this deal is tempting, since I can't imagine it dropping to $5 anytime soon...

hahaha, you guys, peak or pique?? really?? whoever called me out should have double checked the context. Perhaps if I was saying the interest 'piqued' my attention, as in only one person, this would have applied to only myself, but since I was implying it 'peak's everyone's interest, you use that word. I can write good y'all, i have a journalism degree! Plus, pique is such a gay word:lol:

[quote name='token2k6']hahaha, you guys, peak or pique?? really?? whoever called me out should have double checked the context. Perhaps if I was saying the interest 'piqued' my attention, as in only one person, this would have applied to only myself, but since I was implying it 'peak's everyone's interest, you use that word. I can write good y'all, i have a journalism degree! Plus, pique is such a gay word:lol:[/QUOTE]

Grammar rage rising! You're wrong, and your journalism degree is apparently worthless if you think even one word of that is true.

[quote name='vivafriend5']This price point has piqued my interest in owning the other two installments in the future trilogy.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Hmm..I had never really heard much of the criticisms before. I enjoy the series, but not the biggest fan. I guess I will wait to see if I can snag it for 5 bucks someday.

I won't have my PS3 until November... If I buy it now will the code still be good?

Also, if my friend buys it- can I just gameshare it (or DLC doesnt apply?)? I am new to the PS3, I don't even have one yet! hah

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Grammar rage rising! You're wrong, and your journalism degree is apparently worthless if you think even one word of that is true.[/QUOTE]

Just called my wife; she is an English teacher (yes, with an English degree). She agrees with me, the dictionary and the other guy with an English degree (I didn't tell her which was my side as to not skew her comments).

So, two folks with English degrees and an official dictionary > two posters on CAG. Sorry...:cold:

But seriously...can we move on from this?

Looking forward to playing the game tonight! Grabbed Demon's Souls used a little earlier so looks like that will be my game this weekend instead. Should be able to finish this one before then from what I'm reading here.

R&C piqued my interest before, but it has already reached the peak of my interest long ago. Just don't peek into my current ones.

They're not really interchangeable. Even though we'd like them to be. Not like the plural of Fish is Fishes, even though everyone wants it to be.

And i've seen plenty of mistakes in columns in papers and magazines, so it's not like having a journalism degree makes you a perfect linguist.

(But seriously, $10 is still a lot.)

[quote name='token2k6']hahaha, you guys, peak or pique?? really?? whoever called me out should have double checked the context. Perhaps if I was saying the interest 'piqued' my attention, as in only one person, this would have applied to only myself, but since I was implying it 'peak's everyone's interest, you use that word. I can write good y'all, i have a journalism degree! Plus, pique is such a gay word:lol:[/QUOTE]

People with degrees of any type shouldn't use gay as a pejorative. *kick*

If ewe like Ratchet 'n Clank, then this game mite peak you're intrist. Eye played it and enjoyed it, but it is definately short. $10 seams descent enuff though.

As a writer, I feel compelled to point out the usage of peak instead of pique can be correct. In most instances, people do mean pique when they write peak, but this particular usage by token2k6 is allowable. It's not a hard and fast rule that every time someone says "peak interest" that they really mean "pique interest." Similarly, people tend to believe that affect is always the verb and effect is always the noun, when effect can, in fact, be a verb. These general guidelines apply to most cases, but there are exceptions.

Nice price for Quest for Booty. I already picked it up at $10 earlier this spring when PSN had a sale. It's short but $10 is a nice price anyway. Anything to support Insomniac.

[quote name='eastx']Using 'effect' as a verb is lame though.

Anyway, still holding out for $7.50 or less on this 'game.'[/QUOTE]

Then you must really hate affect as a noun.

[quote name='eastx']People with degrees of any type shouldn't use gay as a pejorative. *kick*[/QUOTE]
any person should be able to say whatever they want.

thanks 4 warnings on the game being short.

Thanks, I was waiting for this game to go on sale again. I knew it was bound to happen with A Crack in Time just around the corner.

[quote name='twztid13']any person should be able to say whatever they want.

thanks 4 warnings on the game being short.[/QUOTE]

The ability to do something and actually doing it are two different things. I hope you can see the difference.

dang it, I brought this from PSN last year at retail price.
it is an OK game, definitely not worth $15... maybe $7?
yea... I know.. I'm cheap.

Does the ECA discount work for these PSN/XBL codes? Of course, ECA is STILL not giving up the codes...

I'm torn... I'd been waiting for this to drop for so long because $15 just seemed atrociously priced... Reading the comments here even $10 seems bad, though I did pay $10 for Flower, so... figured I'd just bite the bullet.

But, the ECA code would give me just one more incentive.

bread's done
Back