- - - - -

Ratchet and Clank: Quest For Booty - $9.99 - Amazon PSN store

#31 vivafriend5  

vivafriend5

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:58 PM

This price point has piqued my interest in owning the other two installments in the future trilogy.

#32 Kirin Lemon   世界を革命する者 CAGiversary!   5094 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Kirin Lemon

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

hahaha, you guys, peak or pique?? really?? whoever called me out should have double checked the context. Perhaps if I was saying the interest 'piqued' my attention, as in only one person, this would have applied to only myself, but since I was implying it 'peak's everyone's interest, you use that word. I can write good y'all, i have a journalism degree! Plus, pique is such a gay word:lol:

Grammar rage rising! You're wrong, and your journalism degree is apparently worthless if you think even one word of that is true.

#33 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4510 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:05 PM

This price point has piqued my interest in owning the other two installments in the future trilogy.

:applause:

#34 Yanksfan   Cubs Fan Too :( CAGiversary!   5389 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:33 PM

Hmm..I had never really heard much of the criticisms before. I enjoy the series, but not the biggest fan. I guess I will wait to see if I can snag it for 5 bucks someday.

#35 micbelt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

I paid $14.99 for it and wish I would have waited, fun, but short. 9.99 is definitely better.

#36 SMY36738   3D Dot Game Link!! CAGiversary!   5503 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:47 PM

I won't have my PS3 until November... If I buy it now will the code still be good?

Also, if my friend buys it- can I just gameshare it (or DLC doesnt apply?)? I am new to the PS3, I don't even have one yet! hah

#37 hobbie8046   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   645 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

hobbie8046

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

Grammar rage rising! You're wrong, and your journalism degree is apparently worthless if you think even one word of that is true.

Just called my wife; she is an English teacher (yes, with an English degree). She agrees with me, the dictionary and the other guy with an English degree (I didn't tell her which was my side as to not skew her comments).

So, two folks with English degrees and an official dictionary > two posters on CAG. Sorry...:cold:

But seriously...can we move on from this?

Looking forward to playing the game tonight! Grabbed Demon's Souls used a little earlier so looks like that will be my game this weekend instead. Should be able to finish this one before then from what I'm reading here.

#38 Interfeci   ASSIMILATE CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:10 PM

R&C piqued my interest before, but it has already reached the peak of my interest long ago. Just don't peek into my current ones.

They're not really interchangeable. Even though we'd like them to be. Not like the plural of Fish is Fishes, even though everyone wants it to be.

And i've seen plenty of mistakes in columns in papers and magazines, so it's not like having a journalism degree makes you a perfect linguist.

(But seriously, $10 is still a lot.)

#39 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2830 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

i think i paid around $20 for the disc version, good deal if you didnt get it yet

#40 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8937 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:32 PM

hahaha, you guys, peak or pique?? really?? whoever called me out should have double checked the context. Perhaps if I was saying the interest 'piqued' my attention, as in only one person, this would have applied to only myself, but since I was implying it 'peak's everyone's interest, you use that word. I can write good y'all, i have a journalism degree! Plus, pique is such a gay word:lol:

People with degrees of any type shouldn't use gay as a pejorative. *kick*

#41 mkernan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3192 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

If ewe like Ratchet 'n Clank, then this game mite peak you're intrist. Eye played it and enjoyed it, but it is definately short. $10 seams descent enuff though.

#42 rapsodist   My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip CAGiversary!   3122 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

As a writer, I feel compelled to point out the usage of peak instead of pique can be correct. In most instances, people do mean pique when they write peak, but this particular usage by token2k6 is allowable. It's not a hard and fast rule that every time someone says "peak interest" that they really mean "pique interest." Similarly, people tend to believe that affect is always the verb and effect is always the noun, when effect can, in fact, be a verb. These general guidelines apply to most cases, but there are exceptions.

Nice price for Quest for Booty. I already picked it up at $10 earlier this spring when PSN had a sale. It's short but $10 is a nice price anyway. Anything to support Insomniac.

#43 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8937 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

Using 'effect' as a verb is lame though.

Anyway, still holding out for $7.50 or less on this 'game.'

#44 rapsodist   My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip CAGiversary!   3122 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

Using 'effect' as a verb is lame though.

Anyway, still holding out for $7.50 or less on this 'game.'

Then you must really hate affect as a noun.

#45 twztid13   Infinite backlog CAGiversary!   7837 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

People with degrees of any type shouldn't use gay as a pejorative. *kick*

any person should be able to say whatever they want.

thanks 4 warnings on the game being short.

#46 AznKid   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   63 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:51 PM

Thanks, I was waiting for this game to go on sale again. I knew it was bound to happen with A Crack in Time just around the corner.

#47 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8937 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

any person should be able to say whatever they want.

thanks 4 warnings on the game being short.

The ability to do something and actually doing it are two different things. I hope you can see the difference.

#48 wbc1228   huh?! CAGiversary!   2891 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

dang it, I brought this from PSN last year at retail price.
it is an OK game, definitely not worth $15... maybe $7?
yea... I know.. I'm cheap.

#49 leshrac55   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:34 PM

Does the ECA discount work for these PSN/XBL codes? Of course, ECA is STILL not giving up the codes...

I'm torn... I'd been waiting for this to drop for so long because $15 just seemed atrociously priced... Reading the comments here even $10 seems bad, though I did pay $10 for Flower, so... figured I'd just bite the bullet.

But, the ECA code would give me just one more incentive.

#50 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8937 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

No, the ECA discount doesn't work with XBLA/PSN codes.

#51 mrslate   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   1 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:55 PM

I have to disagree with the majority here. This game is definitely not 2-3 hours long. Its not a full length game, but I would say its definitely 1/6 the original game (which is what you are paying). I would say its worth the 10$ price tag.

#52 leshrac55   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:38 PM

Just called my wife; she is an English teacher (yes, with an English degree). She agrees with me, the dictionary and the other guy with an English degree (I didn't tell her which was my side as to not skew her comments).

So, two folks with English degrees and an official dictionary > two posters on CAG. Sorry...:cold:

Ok, this is getting ridiculous, but I can't let this go as "My 2 English majors trump everyone else who's actually right." Speaking for myself, I have never seen "peaked my interest" used before until today, and if I had, I would've noted how clearly incorrect it was. Additionally, my wife is also an English major and is currently an editor (so she actually corrects exactly this kind of thing all the time), and says that "peaked" is absolutely incorrect. You could say something like "My interest in this game peaked in January." Using it as "This peaked my interest" is at best an eggcorn but more likely a malapropism, as the "peaked" usage would somehow mean that the game caused your totality of "interest" to maximize, which I'm not sure makes any sense.

Update:

Just saw the original posting that called this into question and can sort of see how that phrasing could make sense, but still seems more like an eggcorn to me. I think most people when they use the phrase "pique interest" they mean to say that something is generating interest, which, to me, seems like what the context of the original post is trying to say. However, "peak interest" would mean that the intention is to maximize interest, which, in this context, could potentially work.

Edited by leshrac55, 13 October 2009 - 11:08 PM.
Update phrasing...

#53 aladdnzane   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

aladdnzane

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:03 AM

For someone who's never played Ratchet and Clank but has the first PS3 one and the next on order. Where in the storyline does Quest for Booty come into the time line? I plan on playing the first PS3 R&C soon to be ready for the second one, want to know if I should play Booty before that too.

#54 rpnguyen  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:16 AM

Chronological order is

Tools of Destruction -> Quest for Booty -> A Crack in Time

#55 AoA   Ace of Aces CAGiversary!   1673 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:27 AM

Then you must really hate affect as a noun.

My wife has noticed my euphoric affect after getting this game for such a great price.

(affect as a noun is very important to some of us)

#56 Boomsta   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1362 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:38 AM

Given the context, both pique and peak are appropriate. If the author meant to say that Amazon wanted to attract attention to the service with the deals, then pique would be correct. If, however, he meant that Amazon wanted to bring interest in the service to an all-time high (which would be absolutely silly), then peak would be correct. So, instead of arguing over the correct usage, we should demand to know what token2k6 actually meant.

As an aside, this is easily the funniest thread that I've read in days.

#57 ken_kimura   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   13 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

ken_kimura

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:43 AM

Amazon is selling codes for Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (PS3/PSN) for $9.99.
http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1289533011

It may be indicating a price drop but PSN store is still selling at $14.99.

#58 cooljammer00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

cooljammer00

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:44 AM

Didn't we already have this thread and decide it wasn't worth it?

Or was that the PS3 board? If it is, I'm sorry.

#59 sapient   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:44 AM

Thanks I got it

#60 Fever Dogg   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Fever Dogg

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:50 AM

How could 10 bucks not be worth it? I bought it awhile ago for 15.00 and was happy with how much game is there.