- - - - -

I didn't pay $16 so I could play Uncharted 2 for 5 minutes (cont.)

#31 Ugamer_X   You can trust me CAGiversary!   7617 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:39 AM

I read on numerous other sites ( ign,joystiq,kataku) that people were "invited" to these events. I was a little shocked to hear you were charged. All reports I saw people were ALL given free copies. Try googling IGN uncharted 2 free event. There will be something that shows or talks about the events.

The invite only events were the free VIP events. I had no idea that there was a difference between the two nights because there was nothing on the pages I read that mentioned it.

#32 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:19 AM

So...basically...people are crying about not getting some cookies and a cup of fruit punch? Sweet. Taking CAG to another level.

Holy shit. I actually AGREE with you for once. Hopefully, I won't make a habit of this.

Anyway, I just wanna know one thing:

The date is Monday, October 5, 2009. We’ll have food, an on-site tournament for a chance to compete for prizes, and the opportunity to meet the talented team from Naughty Dog. And best of all, a giant theater screen to see (and a chance to play) UNCHARTED 2 in big-screen glory. This is a very special event, and space is limited … And if you can’t make this October 5th event, contact these same theaters for the Tuesday, October 6th UNCHARTED 2 event. Tickets might still be available!

Where pretell in the above quote does it say that the Tuesday event will be the EXACT same as the Monday one and where do they promise food in that quote explicitly for the Tuesday event?

It seems to me that the OP(and the OP of the other thread and their friends) ASSumed that the Tuesday event would be EXACTLY the same as the VIP event on Monday.

So, the OP and the OP of the other thread only have themselves to blame for doing so.

/thread

#33 seanr1221   :'( CAGiversary!   24430 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:47 PM

That really sucks, and I'd be pissed too.

Definitely fight this and get your money back.

#34 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13295 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 17 October 2009 - 06:06 PM

Holy shit. I actually AGREE with you for once. Hopefully, I won't make a habit of this.

HAHA! We shall see.

#35 Diosoth   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   250 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

This is Sony. They released a no UMD PSP in which you buy game licenses which they can yank from you at any time. You think they give a god damn about their customers?

Why is piracy so bad, anyway? Game companies can screw their customers over on a daily basis, but if we do it back, it's evil.

#36 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9412 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

Funny. Sucker. lol

#37 JetTone   Life CAGiversary!   2759 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:36 PM

If people read the whole post and looked at the Sony blog, they would've seen the promise of food. If it really was a five hour event, damn there should have been something. Yes, even though Jeff said Saticoy got a free copy of the game, he didn't deny the event didn't deliver as billed.

#38 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 17 October 2009 - 08:37 PM

This is Sony. They released a no UMD PSP in which you buy game licenses which they can yank from you at any time. You think they give a god damn about their customers?

Why is piracy so bad, anyway? Game companies can screw their customers over on a daily basis, but if we do it back, it's evil.

With how often you talk about piracy, I'm shocked you haven't been banned as of yet.

Mind you, I hate some of these companies that seem to Fuck over their customers a bunch, but I'd rather just buy their games used or on clearance and give the store(s) my money rather than just doing something outright illegal.

#39 Salamando3000   For Good or for Awesome CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Salamando3000

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

If people read the whole post and looked at the Sony blog, they would've seen the promise of food. If it really was a five hour event, damn there should have been something. Yes, even though Jeff said Saticoy got a free copy of the game, he didn't deny the event didn't deliver as billed.

In terms of the OP's complaint though, no food seemed to be little more than an opening he could exploit in order to do a chargeback. The event itself seemed to have a lot worse flaws than that. Like I asked before, if the event did have food, would the OP have been perfectly content with the event? Would he still be issuing a chargeback?

#40 DarkNessBear   CABear CAGiversary!   6478 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

DarkNessBear

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:37 PM

With how often you talk about piracy, I'm shocked you haven't been banned as of yet.

Mind you, I hate some of these companies that seem to Fuck over their customers a bunch, but I'd rather just buy their games used or on clearance and give the store(s) my money rather than just doing something outright illegal.

Damn... now I agree with you.

Yup.

#41 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

Crazy amount of hate in here.

Dude, you filed a chargeback. You'll (probably) get your money, so give up.

#42 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40119 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

Well I didn't pay $60 so I could play Uncharted 2 for 20 minutes.

Spoiler

Who do I e-mail to complain about this?

#43 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13295 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:02 AM

Damn... now I agree with you.

Yup.

Yeah, I'm not coming back to CAG after being involved in this thread.

#44 lingenfelser   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

lingenfelser

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:29 AM

I read on numerous other sites ( ign,joystiq,kataku) that people were "invited" to these events. I was a little shocked to hear you were charged. All reports I saw people were ALL given free copies. Try googling IGN uncharted 2 free event. There will be something that shows or talks about the events.

I can corroborate Ugamer_X whole account of this train wreck of an event.
I was at the EXACT event as him in Thousand Oaks CA on the 6th.
By all accounts the UC Event on the 6th was advertised identically to the Event on the 5th. Minus, the all important VIP reference.
But, it kills me that the people like myself, and Ugamer_X, whom paid for this got shit as opposed to those that went to the Event the night before.
No food. No drink. Frakked up raffle. No free game.
The "raffle" was a joke. 20 games promised. 15 given out with NO explanation!
Two copies going to two of the douches on the winning El Dorado Team.
The fact that these 5 guys were allowed to come back (after taking 2nd place the night before) and participate again was total utter bullshit.
The paid Event was a frakkin' joke. And it was the PERFECT example of false advertising.
One of my favorite parts was the gift bag with a $5 off Uncharted 2 coupon only good at the SonyStyle Store. Thanks SONY!

#45 s2k   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1205 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:21 AM

I feel bad but in the grand scheme of things you think sony really cares about you?