World of Goo (PC), direct from the developers - name your price! Ends 10/25

CoffeeEdge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
WoG_header.jpg

Update 10/20:​
Offer extended to 10/25. Also:
Please do not pay less than 30 cents! The developers do not see any income from sales less than ~30 cents; it all goes to the Paypal transaction fee. Nearly a third of people who have gotten in on this deal so far have only paid a penny; this is a supreme dick move, so please don't do it! Cough up at least four bits you cheap bastard.

If you're one of the 17,000 people who only paid a single copper and feel guilty about it, which you should, there is still time, now, to go back and pay them something a bit more reasonable. If you pay something in the ballpark of what you spend on lunch everyday, congrats, you win. If it's less than what you pay for a candy bar, then you are evil.

Original post:
World of Goo just turned one year old. To celebrate, the developers, 2D Boy, are offering the game directly from their website, for whatever price you'd like to pay. 1¢, $1000, anything north of zero works. The game normally sells for $20.

This is the PC version, and this purchase will get you the Windows, Mac, and Linux versions of the game, all together, so unless you're using OS/2 or AmigaOS or something, you should be able to run this.

If you have not played this game, for the love of god and all that is good about videogames, please buy it now (and if you're one of those naughty devils who did play it, but didn't pay for it, now's your chance to clear your conscience). If you have any friends, relatives, or even remote passing acquaintances who have not played this game, buy it for all of them, too. Buy 30 copies for 50¢ each and hand them out at your next social gathering, and you will be the hit of the party. Whatever. Just buy it.

This offer lasts until October 19th. Go forth, buy, and fall in love:
http://2dboy.com/games.php

Last edited by a moderator:
fucking shit. Beaten. This thread is way better than the other one, which isn't even accurate (the deal lasts till the 19th, not today only).

awesome idea. Wasn't really willing to drop $5 on steam but I figured I bought droplitz for $2 why not pick up World of Goo for the same price?

I actually pirated this game when released and felt guilty about not buying it... it was that good. I ended up paying $10 dollars for it and felt better. :)

I'm buying it again for another $10 just to help the developer out some more.

I've been wanting this on Wii but I don't have the cash for WiiWare/Virtual Console at the moment. I had 80 cents of Bing Cash Back in my PayPal account so that's what I paid for this.

[quote name='king9x']I actually pirated this game when released and felt guilty about not buying it... it was that good. I ended up paying $10 dollars for it and felt better. :)

I'm buying it again for another $10 just to help the developer out some more.[/QUOTE]
You were just playing the extended demo. ;)

[quote name='mcdaking84']is the site down for anyone else?[/QUOTE]
You have to just keep trying it, it works sometimes and then doesn't at other times. Probably getting pretty slammed for this deal.

In for one. Thanks OP! I paid $1. If I like it a lot I might donate more.

EDIT: Well, I donated my $1 and got confirmation of that from Paypal, but so far no sign of a download email anywhere. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks, OP! I was just going to give a penny, but seeing as they used PayPal, I gave them the couple of bucks I had sitting in my account. Can't wait to download.

I am having problems with the sight as well. Hopefully it will get worked out. I 'donated' $1, but if the game is good, I will donate some more.

yeah, i donated $1.00 but I can't get a download anywhere. For the people it worked for, did you get an e-mail or was it just the redirect page? I can't get to the redirect page from PayPal.

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://2dboy.com/thankyouiloveyou.php might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

Aw man, the site is down. I already own a copy on my Wii, but I hardly turn that system on anymore. I would definitely love to play this on my laptop.

Will check again later today as you said the deal doesn't expire until the 19th.

Thanks, OP!

I was able to use their emailbot to get the download link, but it took about 5 tries to get it and that was a few hours ago. However, I'm unable to actually download it. They are completely swamped. I'll try again later tonight.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']This is CheapAssGamer, not HeartlessAssGamer.[/QUOTE]

We have a (legal) disc copy of it in the house already... they got $0.01 so I could just download it to my laptop (no disc drive on it)

[quote name='burningrom2']I encourage everyone to donate $0.01[/QUOTE]
You know, if even half the US bought this game for a penny, they'd make close to 1.5 million in revenue. That's food for thought.

I did a dollar too. I paid full price for the pc version, but even if I simply want the linux version, the game ain't worth 1 penny.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I was able to donate. Waiting on my email now.[/QUOTE]

Glad to see that my dl link delay isn't an isolated case. I hoping to get it later tonight. I've heard a lot about this game so I had to support.

I donated early this morning and still haven't gotten an email and the site to get the link keeps telling me it can't find my order :/

[quote name='Jodou']You know, if even half the US bought this game for a penny, they'd make close to 1.5 million in revenue. That's food for thought.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Paypal charges a transaction fee for each sale. So 2D Boy will end up owing 29¢ for each 1¢ sale.

[quote name='5amurai']Not really. Paypal charges a transaction fee for each sale. So 2D Boy will end up owing 29¢ for each 1¢ sale.[/QUOTE]

That would be the case if it were a sale, but notice it's a donation.

Edit: Their download link answered my question, got one for $1.04(evened out my paypal balance)

So I can buy 2 copies? I want to get one for someone I know as well but I don't know how to contact them, I only see them rarely.

bread's done
Back