Harry Potter and the HBP($15) & Terminator: Salvation Blu-ray($20) Amazon

It adds a little extra violence and brief nudity.

I preordered. This movie is a lot of fun - I enjoyed it more than Terminator 3.

I noticed Amazon has a good amount of Blu pre-orders at $19.99 coming up. Last night I found this one, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, My Sister's Keeper and Four Christmases.

i liked salvation. i had a blast watching it and i thought Bale makes a GREAT john conner (he acts out the role of a pissed off, let down, depressed and dismayed character perfectly). it was definitely a much better movie than 3, and it made me really excited about the next one or two (i heard it was going to be a trilogy). hopefully they keep the mood.

i wont be getting it, however, my buy-price for blurays these days is 13.00 or under ;) i buy way too many as is.

I knew I should have gotten the Harry Potter movies in their own individual cases, but didn't think about it till it was too late.

Wow. I may have to grab the Potter movie at that price.
I'll be grabbing that, along with the ultimate edition of the first two movies.
Way more than I'd like to pay (34.99 each), but maybe they'll drop in price a bit before they actually release.

Not a huge note, but anyone who ordered Harry Potter, Terminator or Four Christmases, prices down to $18.99. Take note in case Amazon doesn't automatically do the drop that they will owe you $1 title if you ordered any!

If it wasn't for the fact that I won't get free shipping on Salvation I would get it. However having to pay for shipping will put it up to what Best Buy will chances are sell it for. I'm going to hold out of this one for some time anyway. I want to see the extras and that is about it. I want to see if the leaked ending was filmed or not. If it was and they had it all ready to go to the theaters that was a quick change. I hate to say it but had it not been for Bale, Nolan and the other 10 writers that had this in their hands this might not have been a bad movie. I hope who ever buys the Terminator rights does not let the same people that did Rise of the Machines and Salvation even touch it. Hell I might just go a head and add Trick r Treat to this and get the free shipping.

Terminator Salvation just popped up in my gold box, so it was $18.04. Jumped on it for that - I never got the hate for the movie, but then again, I never got the hate for T3 either.

Like some upcoming hardcover books, I think Amazon's price war with Walmart is now starting to bleed over to Blu's ( I know HP is $18.xx at walmart.com.) Good for us...pre-ordered both of these.

Predordered both. HP6 wasn't my favorite of the movies (but the book was great imo), but I really like the dvd combo with it.

Purchased both of these. Blu ray is cheaper than the dvd. I doubt Best Buy will beat those prices. Have not seen Terminator but HP was great.

amazing prices.. terminator was awesome.. dont understand why all the hate.

potter was kind of snooze for me this time around..

Awesome, another dollar of HP. I'm tempted to buy Terminator because it's so low, but I don't think I liked it that much when I saw it in theaters. Hmmm....

I'm still holding off buying any Harry Potter movie until they have a nice blu ray collection of all the movies.

[quote name='Frag Rev']Was Terminator any good? I never saw it but am tempted to blind buy it.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda YMMV. Within the Terminator movie series, I'd put it last at #4 (I liked T3 for the huge loud noisy spectacle that it was ;) ). It's not GI Joe or Transformers 2 bad, but there's some noticeably bad cuts as you can tell a few chunks of the movie was cut out. Plot-wise, it's kinda all over the place (too many separate storylines happening at once - can't seem to decide who the main character was), but it has a few good moments in it.

Would I recommend it as a $17 buy? Probably not, but for genre fans, I would at least say rent it or (if you have it) watch it on cable. As some of the Amazon reviews alluded to, you might want to wait to see if a longer cut would eventually be released, as I'm not sure if those extra 3 minutes in this version will make the cuts I mentioned early seem less jarring (or make the plot seem more cohesive).

So I guess Wal-Mart plans to break street date on this then, or I wonder how they'll handle it. also looks like Terminator Salvation. I have no idea where that info is coming from though, because I don't see it listed in the ad

Weird - I looked to see if my orders had been automatically corrected w/ the new price, and they're both showing the price as $16.49, before my gold box discount. Not complaining, I'll take the extra .50. ;)

BTW, The Hangover is at $16.99 as well - can't remember what it was at when I last checked, but I think it was $17.99.

i had already preordered salvation.. and then it appeared in my gold box yesterday.. I thought that wasnt possible..

anyways i cancelled old order and re-ordered through gold box :)

[quote name='argyle']Weird - I looked to see if my orders had been automatically corrected w/ the new price, and they're both showing the price as $16.49, before my gold box discount. Not complaining, I'll take the extra .50. ;)

BTW, The Hangover is at $16.99 as well - can't remember what it was at when I last checked, but I think it was $17.99.[/QUOTE]

It's because Amazon did have both Terminator and HP at $16.49 at one point, but they raised them both back to $16.99

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get any bluray movie for $10 at walmart. The clerks there will price match anything on black Friday

I'm getting this at Amazon along with the HP1 and HP2 ultimate editions. I hope they drop the ultimate editions before December 8th.

[quote name='MrDubbs']That's a cool site, I'll have to remember that[/QUOTE]The only issue I've run into with it is having it alert you about items that dropped in price is that it requires the item to be in-stock for it to alert you. Disabling the in-stock requirement doesn't seem to be anything that can be changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Camelcamelcamel is absolutely amazing when you're trying to keep track of Amazon's evil price jumps. I pretty much don't buy without checking them first, and they now have a handy Firefox plugin that puts a sidebar to their results on any page on Amazon (or Bestbuy or Newegg)... super convenient. :)

bread's done
Back