Xbox 360 & PS3 - 8 game giveaway!

wizard341

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Greeting fellow CAGers! I’ve been waiting a long time to make this post, so please forgive me if I sound overly excited or too reminiscent. I’ll explain further down, but first, let’s get to the contest. There is nothing I hate more than contests that actually make you sign up for things or visit & post comments, so to enter this contest all you need to do is the following.

1. Post a reply to this thread, indicating what game you want.
  2. You will receive 1 ‘ticket’ towards that game.
  3. You can ‘earn’ more tickets by reading more of my post.
That’s it! Here are the prizes you can win:

• Blitz 2: The League (PS3) *
  • Fracture (PS3)
  • Overlord Raising Hell (PS3)
  • Ballers: Chosen One (Xbox 360)*
  • Blitz 2: The League (Xbox 360) *
  • Lost (Xbox360)
  • 2x Condemned 2 Bloodshot (Xbox 360)
  • Lost(PS3) -edit wasn't in the original post but turns out I have one of these too
All copies are brand new & sealed. And, in true Cheap-ass fashion, $10 or less :).

I will update this post with all of the people who have used a ticket to try to win a specific game. I will hold the drawing October 23rd, and will ship out the games roughly a week later.

So why am I holding this contest? 1 ½ years ago I left my old company to join a new one called Sparkplay Media. Their goal was to create a truly free-to-play, quality fantasy 3d-MMO – a game we call Earth Eternal. Today 10/13/09 is the release of our open beta. The road to release was fraught with pizza, mountain dew, and tears – but mostly just tears. Looking back it’s amazing the amount of work we did in such a short timespan, and I’m really proud of the product we have to offer. A quick note: even though we are technically in open beta, we will not be wiping characters ever again (even when 'release' occurs).

A quick trailer to show you what our game looks like in action: http://www.eartheternal.com/videos/earth-eternal-teaser-trailer

And a few screenshots:
Mad-Cow

http://www.eartheternal.com/art/Mad-Cow
http://www.eartheternal.com/art/Lich-646
http://www.eartheternal.com/art/Frost-Storm
http://www.eartheternal.com/art/A-Member-of-the-Bremens-Famed-10th-Legion

So what makes our game so special?

• We are completely free to play. Now hold up there – I know what you are thinking. You are thinking “Hey, wizard341, I know the drill. I join your game and get up to level 10, but then I need to pay to continue right?” or, “ Yeah, but if I don’t want to spend money I can’t compete with those that do, so what’s the point?”. Your fears are totally warranted, but unfounded in Earth Eternal. We have a dual currency system: gold(gained by playing) and credits(gained by spending real cash). Both currencies purchase different items, but players can sell their credits for gold to other players. That means that players that have more time on their hands can accumulate gold, whereas someone with less time but more money could instead decide to purchase credits. Allowing players to swap currencies is essential in allowing everyone to stay on even ground regardless of their financial situation.
  • The game runs in your browser – all content is streamed as needed. Many MMO’s require you to download a large file just to get in their game. Upon clicking ‘play now’ on the website, you will be in the game in around 5 minutes.
  • It’s a western based 3d-MMO which is streamlined to limit grinding. No one likes to kill monsters over and over just to level right? Like newer subscription model MMO’s, we try to always have a clear cut goal for the player to push forward to.
  • You may learn abilities from other classes. Want to be a knight that casts fireballs? How about a rogue that heals? You can pick and choose abilities from different classes to build up your own character.
Sound interesting? You can check out a few more details by visiting http://www.eartheternal.com/game_info

So you’ve made it this far, and probably want to know how you can ‘earn’ those darn tickets I mentioned before. Well just by reading this far you have earned 1 more ticket! All you need to do is respond to this thread and include either my forum name or make note of me in some fashion. I.e. ‘looks great OP’, ‘thanks for the contest wizard’ or ‘nice post wiz’ will all earn you an additional ticket. There are 3 more levels of tickets you can earn however…

1. Create an account on www.eartheternal.com – and play our game. All you need to do is PM me the name of the very first NPC that you see (he gives you your first quest). ETA 5 minutes from account signup. – 5 tickets.
  2. The previously mentioned NPC will send you on a brief tutorial which will have you repair a boat and set sail for a new land. PM me the name of the land once you arrive there. ETA – 5 minutes from step 1. – 5 tickets
  3. Once you arrive at that land you will follow another set of quests which will bring you to a place called ‘Earthrise’. The very last quest on Earthrise will have you meeting a mythological legend that will tell you how to get off Earthrise (hint: it’s through a portal). PM me the name of the character who tells you how to off Earthrise. ETA – 2-3 hours from Step 2. – 20 tickets.
Please do not post the answers on the forums, as these extra tickets are your reward for checking out Earth Eternal. Feel free however, to post messages on this thread about how much you like the game, dislike the game, suggestions...etc. I’m very open to criticism. If you would rather, you can always PM me about your experience and what you think would make the game more fun.

Now… let’s get this contest started!

P.S – If anyone was wondering why Ballers and Blitz above had asterisk’s on them, they were the last games I worked on before I left my old company. Yeah, Ballers is a crap game, but I felt it was somewhat fitting given the nature of this contest :D.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contest standings

Lost (Xbox 360) - (davfer x 1) (HanSolomente x 1) (macontosh2000 x 2) (louiedog x 1) (juvo x 1) (Nebenator x 32) (GameOnJohn x 2) (Greyman7 x 1) (NightmareTrigger x 2) (Vermillion x 2) (bs000 x 2) (killerthriler96 x 11) (Bill Mcdougal x 2) (willynateDgreat x 12) (Rig x 2) (Blazex x 32)
Condemned 2 (Xbox 360) - (Eldredpe x 32) (NoDAK x 2) (bigdaddybruce44 x 1) (knotfan123 x 1) (Jhereg42 x 2) (The Stuff x 1) (Danimal x 2) (ijag233 x 2) (PizzaBastard x 1) (kvadair x 2) (Shadowii x 2) (caldazar x 12) (jbakajohnnyb0690 x 2) (Slashkice x 2) (Bitt3r x 12) (mis0 x 2) (AeroCmdr x 31) (Facelift x 1) (Octonium x 1) (FoxHoundADAM x 1) (Bigandtasty x 11) (lolwut? x 1) (mkh x 1) (DOMINATOR912 x 2) (maccaid x 1) (winterice x 2) (droidekaspam x 1) (spacenad x 1) (100xp x 1) (xdawg17 x 1) (chrisnsally x 1) (crunchewy x 1) (BitLooter x 12)
Blitz 2: The League (Xbox 360) - (cyberduelist2 x 1) (Emiroo x 2) (Hestar x 1) (ipsum x 1) (emperor922 x 1) (dkcecil x 1) (honestwill x 1) (nyyanksfan20 x 1) (voidedx x 2) (koruwa x 1) (shigster x 31) (dxb6 x 1) (urmomlikesme x 1) (Vlazz x 1) (Jrittmayer x 2) (chibifaye x 2) (YEEAHHBOYYY x 2)
Ballers: Chosen One (Xbox 360) - (James161324 x 1) (deadbodyman11 x 1) (platinumsoldier x 12) (angel_of_chaos7 x 1) (wybo_a x 2)

Lost (PS3) - (warfox33 x 2) (TheRain x 7) (Tyga24 x 2) (pdwayne x 2) (vangl76 x 1) (RiceKrispies87 x 32)
Fracture (PS3) - (darth007 x 12) (missyts1 x 2) (spike4536 x 7) (FrankTheFrowner x 1) (retail sucks x 1) (EchaniDrgn x 2) (fritter x 2) (DarkTang x 1) (Jackrabbit$lim x 1) (WhiskeyCrazy x 5) (JDBar x 2) (GamingSloth x 1) (GOAT x 1) (bringerofdeath x 1) (ritchardf x 1) (Akarik x 11) (khuongngo x 1) (alekshy x 1) (wildcatsean x 1) (mowmow x 32) (Onslaught_ x 1) (mattrobertsjr x 1) (KyRoen x 2)
Overlord Raising Hell(PS3) - (bizmat x 1) (AXV1 x 6) (Hostile x 2) (uhwarrior09 x 32) (Megiddo_CAG x 2) (Vulgarism x 12) (EeveeFanboy x 12) (hero101 x 2) (Deathsoldier11 x 1) (DeathMoJo x 2) (L206321 x 2) (dickybeans x 2) (thespyderboy x 1) (ShadowX x 1) (austenwithane x 32) (dodgeme x 2) (Wooten x 32) (flasht3 x 1) (XxFuRy2Xx x 2) (DS-Row x 1) (danhoo x 1) (Holydarkness x 1) (fakeemailwps x 1) (Gohan x 2) (WhiskeyCrazy x 2) (anathema728 x 1) (playing mantis x 1) (crzyboy88 x 2) (MiNuN x 1) (Devion x 1) (novem x 1) (Temari x 32) (Lord Darkstorn x 1) (THAGEN x 2) (Frankski x 12)
Blitz 2: The League(PS3) - (Sharp Katana x 2) (TylerxDurden x 1) (ffxx x 2) (chickenmonks x 1) (edhuhwins x 2) (SV11bucksfan x 2) (M_Rated x 2) (samael64 x 1) (heavymetalking x 1) (HarkenSlash x 7) (WhiskeyCrazy x 5) (sabanoo x 11) (BShea x 1) (bobright x 2) (Rozz x 1) (numbier_wun x 1) (starmask2k3 x 2) (thetarget x 2)

EDIT: Winners announced!

Lost (Xbox 360): Nebenator
Condemned 2 (Xbox 360): AeroCmdr & droidekaspam
Blitz 2: The League (Xbox 360): honestwill
Ballers: Chosen One (Xbox 360): platinumsoldier

Lost (PS3): RiceKrispies87
Fracture (PS3): mowmow
Overlord Raising Hell(PS3): AXV1
Blitz 2: The League(PS3): HarkenSlash

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for Condemned 2 for 360, wiz.

Might try out the game tomorrow.

Regardless, this is a very cool contest and I hope your game has success.

I'm interested in Blitz 2: The League
Thanks for the contest, wiz. :)

The game looks great, fantastic graphics, especially for an in-browser 3D MMO.
The sheer uniqueness and diversity of the player's options alone make me want to play the game. It's getting late, but I'll be sure to check this out ASAP.

I'll enter the drawing for Overlord Raising Hell (PS3). I was actually going to try out Earth Eternal whenever I had time this week. Thanks for the contest.

Blitz 2: The League (Xbox 360)

It's great that you're giving games away to the CAG Community! Hope your mmo works out well and is a success, i'll try to sign up for sure! :D

Thanks for the nice contest post, wizard341! :D
Please put me down for Condemned 2.

Good luck with your MMO. Screenshots looked nice. I'll try to check it out later.

Hey Wiz, awesome contest! Finally something better than "write a paragraph why you want *this item*... Congrats though! In it for Overlord Raising Hell for PS3!!

I'll go for Overlord :) Nice contest wiz. I might play a little bit, but undecided. I played Everquest for a year or two and WoW for two or so years... I kind of like not playing MMOs now :p

In for Lost. Thanks!

edit: Since you added a PS3 version as well I should mention I'm interested in the 360 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
In for Overlord Raising Hell (PS3)

The game looks interesting for sure OP. Glad to see your looking out for those that don't want to pay for MMO's.

Keep in mind you guys can split up your tickets the way you see fit. When you PM me with answers just tell me which game(s) you want to apply how many tickets to. Thanks again!

Condemned 2 for 360 couldn't hurt.
Too bad the client doesn't work on Macs; I'm going to boot up my virtual machine and see if I can get this thing going.
Also, when does the contest end, just out of curiosity?

Wiz341, thanks for the opportunity! I'm a big fan of MMO's so I'll be checking your game out tonight once I'm home from work!

Put me down for Condemned 2 (XBOX 360)

[quote name='Shadowiii']Condemned 2 for 360 couldn't hurt.
Too bad the client doesn't work on Macs; I'm going to boot up my virtual machine and see if I can get this thing going.
Also, when does the contest end, just out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]

Ends on 11:59 pm Friday, October 23rd.

I'll enter for Ballers:Chosen one, it's the only game on your list that I don't have.
Great contest, and your MMO looks pretty good so far, hope it works out for you.

bread's done
Back