Password stealing on Steam

snookie_wookums

CAGiversary!
A group of idiots is now stealing Steam username and passwords from users by sending this message to everyone on a hacked account's friends list:

Hacked_Loser: Hey! Left 4 Dead 2 Open Beta is finally here! Check it out! www.steamc********sn.com/l4d2.html

It forwards you to a page that claims the Beta for Left 4 Dead 2 is open with free access to all nVidia card owners, and "all you need to do is log into steam using this portal".

If your account gets hacked, note that Steam will do fuck-all to help you since they really don't care, so please be careful.

You have to be a moron to fall into scams like this. Accepting a message from a random user and clicking a random link. I take a security class at Community College, so I hear about this a lot.

They have been doing this shit for years... Glad I still got my 5 digit

PS: you friends on your list fall for it first then the hacker messages you that way.

[quote name='FroMann']I don't even click links from my friends. I have too many friends on Steam.[/QUOTE]
You may not, but a lot of people still do. So it's good to hear about things like this. Thanks, OP, I'll spread the info around.

bread's done
Back