Retrogen, Genesis Portable, & The Firecore Console for $43.99 each @ overstock.com

But $8.80 shipping from VG central kills their sale price. Same final price as overstock, so I ordered it there..

[quote name='unclenebber']So this has digital rom capabilities?[/QUOTE]

Where is the SD CARD slot...I've been trying to find that info online, and it has been a hassle...!!!!

[quote name='hcamacho']Where is the SD CARD slot...I've been trying to find that info online, and it has been a hassle...!!!![/QUOTE]
The Firecore Genesis Game Console has SD card adapter built in

[quote name='mm07']But $8.80 shipping from VG central kills their sale price. Same final price as overstock, so I ordered it there..[/QUOTE]

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Not sure if it matters, but the Firecore doesn't seem to support stereo sound - there's only 1 connector for video and 1 for audio in the back.

these things are all such crap. pay 2x the price and get a cheap used psp, hack it in 20 minutes and go play everything 2600 to snes 100% perfect emulation.

Pretty good price. Might get one of these for a gift, just need to see some reviews first. Hopefully the Firecore isn't limited to mono sound.

Wow, these are all licensed by Sega? I didn't realize that...I figured all of these "knockoff" systems were some sort of korean junk with no name...

[quote name='BigBizzee']Wow, these are all licensed by Sega? I didn't realize that...I figured all of these "knockoff" systems were some sort of korean junk with no name...[/QUOTE]

This is where I do not get it?SD Card support for rom images ,I guess...and licensed by SEGA?I get lost here...

[quote name='bullet time']Pretty good price. Might get one of these for a gift, just need to see some reviews first. Hopefully the Firecore isn't limited to mono sound.[/QUOTE]

Shipwreck reviewed the firecore and he seems pleased with it!

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Will this play ALL Genesis and Megadrive Games???

And this SD card Thing. Where do you download the games.[/QUOTE]

This is a joke ,right?

Funny and I always take crap for only being here a couple of months... unless of course that was a joke... although by now you should realize sarcasm is lost on the internet.

I understand the portables (due to the expensiveness of the Nomad), but I don't get why you'd buy a Firecore when you can get a real Genesis console for $20 or less on eBay.

[quote name='hcamacho']Shipwreck reviewed the firecore and he seems pleased with it![/QUOTE]

Link for that review?

How is the sound quality on the Firecore? I wouldn't mind buying it if it has SD support.

Here's a video of it. The guy is playing it on an HDTV. I'm surprised at how good it looks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfwrgxahjs

In his second video, he wrote in the comment section that:

A cartridge will be coming out for the unit that has an SD card slot built in so that you can download new Genesis games from an officially licensed Sega site.

Last edited:
[quote name='Blackout']How is the sound quality on the Firecore? I wouldn't mind buying it if it has SD support.

Here's a video of it. The guy is playing it on an HDTV. I'm surprised at how good it looks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfwrgxahjs

In his second video, he wrote in the comment section that:[/QUOTE]

There has to be some sort of upconverter it's hooked up to like a DVDO iScan because NO genesis game looks that good and or is lag free hooked up that way. Is there some new stuff in that console I wonder? Or is it hooked up to an upscaler? It'll make me consider hooking that up to my hdtv if it has no input lag and doesn't look like shit. I have my JVC X'eye hooked up to it, but I only use it for sega cd games and the rare bout of bangs for classic sega if it's not one of the games already on the sonic's ultimate genesis collection.

[quote name='Paco']There has to be some sort of upconverter it's hooked up to like a DVDO iScan because NO genesis game looks that good and or is lag free hooked up that way. Is there some new stuff in that console I wonder? Or is it hooked up to an upscaler? It'll make me consider hooking that up to my hdtv if it has no input lag and doesn't look like shit. I have my JVC X'eye hooked up to it, but I only use it for sega cd games and the rare bout of bangs for classic sega if it's not one of the games already on the sonic's ultimate genesis collection.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm wondering too. It looks great on that TV. Does anyone know?

Did you notice under the description of the RETROGEN: "With new titles scheduled after its release there is no reason not to pick up this awesome portable system."

So SEGA is going to start making genesis games again?! fuck man, if that is true, then I must buy one of these to support the cause!

Firecore price here at $39!! : retrobitgames.com

Limited Time Retrogen Price at $34.99!!: RetroGenPortable.com

The FireCore seems to be a good clone. It is pretty solid and the price is right especially with the 20 games already in there. Here is the review:

Youtube.com/dasreviews

How is hacking your PSP breaking the law? I hear morons on youtube all the time saying that emulators are illegal, no emulators are not illegal. Roms from new systems are technically illegal but ruining old commercially dead games are not a problem. NES SMS Atari 2600 colecovision SNES Genesis are all commercially unviable and most of the games are public domain with expired copyrights. Emulation keeps dying games alive and preserved and is a good thing. Think of the obscure arcade games that would no longer exist if not for MAME.:roll:

I'll sell someone my Retrogen and the games I've accumulated for $50. I picked this up a month ago, and have not enjoyed it. Can't really explain why though.

Assuming they are the same model's my retrogen has some weird games built in, clones of games like frogger and such.

[quote name='dazed6201']The Firecore Genesis Game Console has SD card adapter built in[/QUOTE]

I own one and no it does not have an SD card slot. Supposedly they are going to release a Genesis cartridge with the SD card slot in it but it has not happened yet.

I bought one at a gaming convention but I'm actually about to put it up for sale. The sound is terrible on it, and the buttons are oddly placed, just not very comfortable to me.

gogamer.com has both of these on their 48 hour madness sales for 21.99-23.99 depending on their mood when priceing for that sale-, picked my retrogen for 23.99 on one of their sales (still have my gen 2/sega cd/32x so not really feeling the firecore). the built in games are clones and some i've never even seen on a genesis game. plays all the games i've tested on it so far (30+). sound is kinda on the not so good side but the screen is clean.

bread's done
Back