High Definition AV Pack?

B

Blackout

I want to play some of my old Xbox games on the original system. Will the High Definition AV Pack make the games look good on my HDTV, or should I just stick with the regular component cables?

This is out of stock at Amazon currently, but I'd recommend picking it up if you find it cheap somewhere -> http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Video-Ca...3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1256825616&sr=8-23

Anyway check the back of the boxes for the games you have; if they say 720p or even 480p with widescreen, then they'll definitely look better with the hi-def cables. Personally it's been a worthwhile investment for me as I have a few games that are not BC. Even with games that would play on the 360, I'm better off just playing them on original Xbox now since the 360 emulation can be spotty and it no longer offers any graphical advantage to the O.G. unit.

HDTVarcade.com had a comprehensive database of high-def Xbox games, but unfortunately it is either gone or well-hidden now.

Oh and that unit I linked to has a port for an optical cable, so you can get the benefits of surround sound on your original Xbox as well.

bread's done
Back