Let's talk CAG T-shirts! - Final proofs added

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
New images added 4/28/04 - Final proofs

Shirts will go on sale after E3 (around mid may) and will cost less than $10.

Special thanks to Flak Beard (our logo contest winner) for the logo!

proof.jpg

Close up of logo
proof2.jpg

I personally will buy one no matter what it looks like. That being said, I think if there was some way to put this logo on a shirt, it would kick some ass.
album_pic.php

EDIT: 1K yeah!

I like the curved "Cheapassgamer.com" on the top one, but the logo arrangement on the bottom one.

I always pictured something like Matt Lesko's shirt that makes him look like the Riddler.

The quote looks better with the -CheapyD below it, and I like Bag o' cash over the piggy bank.

I would suggest using a small logo similar to the one StoneFace suggested over the left or right side breast on the front of the shirt and then either of the two designs CheapyD posted on the back. That would look much cleaner.

And yes I would buy one! :D

Yeah, I just pulled it out of the gallery. I figured since it was the winner of the contest it deserved to be on the shirt.

Yeah, I'd like to get it on a shirt too, but it seems like we are having some technical issues which I'll let OKB explain.

I love the site, LOVE it, but I would never wear a shirt like this, even if it was free.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just letting Cheapy know in case he's planning on putting up some of his own cash to print shirts- which is very expensive and a hassle because you usually have no control over the sizes. You have to order in dozens, and it will be like 3 Small, 5 Medium, 3 Large, 1 Extra large. Then you're stuck with a bunch of smalls and mediums that won't sell.

It would be cool if the shirt had "Cheapassgamer.com" on the front and the rest of the pictures and the tag line from CheapyD's #1 on the back...can we get a discount if we buy them in bulk? :lol:

They'd make wonderful gifts for friends and family...for all occassions

We're really trying to keep the cost down on printing these things. We get charged significantly more for each additional color, and that logo has at least three (and that's not including the background gray or the black drop shadow). Also we're working with limited colors from this printer.

I agree that Flak Beard's logo would look bad ASS on a shirt, so I'm going to try working with him and Cheapy to see what we can do.

I plan on buying one of everything you make. Put me down for some XL goodness. I like the top one, and I'd like to see Flak Beard's Logo on one too. Also, any word on baseball caps?

EDIT: Just read OKB's post. Maybe you could make his logo in outline form, with one color? Definately smart to keep cost in mind too, this is CAG after all :wink:

Osh Kosh B'iotch]We're really trying to keep the cost down on printing these things. We get charged significantly more for each additional color said:
I was thinking you could change the background to black, and change the fist to green, making it only one color, of course that is if Flak Beard is okay with that.

Maybe Cheapy should start a pre order progam to see who wants a shirt so he doesn't get stuck buying to many or to little or the wrong sizes.

I was thinking you could change the money to be green, instead of that grey. The thumbnail's gonna have to turn white tho. Then you got it down to 2 colors, white and green. *shrugs*

Whatever happens, you can put me down for two. X-Large please :)

i like the idea of a small logo up front (CAG or something like that) and then put the big pictures on the back. i'd get one if it was cheap enough :D

I'm only buying one if Cheapy's delightfully bald nugget is prominently featured in the design. Or a bare ass...same difference.

A better idea would be for a shirt to feature a fat guy jumping into a swimming pool.

are u just gonna order 1 type of shirt or multiple ones? cause i'd really like to buy one of these but i dont know how my school will handle the ass in it. it'd b nice if v could have one with CAG on it, either way ill probally buy one. the logo looks the best in my opinion but those 2 concepts u had look good too.

I think that for the first versions you guys should just keep it simple.

Start off with just words like "cheapassgamer.com" on the back and something funny on the front.

Once you see that the shirts are working out for you then upgrade to graphics.

[quote name='ft']I love the site, LOVE it, but I would never wear a shirt like this, even if it was free.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, just letting Cheapy know in case he's planning on putting up some of his own cash to print shirts- which is very expensive and a hassle because you usually have no control over the sizes. You have to order in dozens, and it will be like 3 Small, 5 Medium, 3 Large, 1 Extra large. Then you're stuck with a bunch of smalls and mediums that won't sell.[/quote]

I personally would love a Medium sized shirt, and no, I'm not 12. I'm 27, married, 5 ft 9 in, and a perfectly healthy 140 lbs. There seems to be some misconception that all game geeks are fatasses. I can never find cool shirts because they all like like dresses on me, and i don't want to look like a fling-flangin' shaq-fuing idiot.

And while my wife and friends would likely make serious fun of me for buying one of these shirts, i don't give a shit.

id definately get oneor two. hell id get one of every version (if there are multiple). i think that the logo winner would be sweet, but i can see how that would be expensive for hundreds of shirts.

Are you going to have big man sizes?

I second that I'm sick of all this little ass shirts that shrink to about half the size in the wash .

I personally would love a Medium sized shirt, and no, I'm not 12. I'm 27, married, 5 ft 9 in, and a perfectly healthy 140 lbs.

My left nut weighs more then 140 lbs . Dude eat a pork chop or something !

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Potato sacks? :twisted:[/quote]

I am gonna put on a potato sack and take a pic of a potato with a stick in it, can you photoshop them together for me?

Personally I would love a shirt with

CHEAP BASTARD

written like wet paint on the front

then

cheapassgamer.com

on the back

It minimizes cost and I think it would look really cool

[quote name='MorganWebbLover']
album_pic.php

I also agree we need a shirt with this logo .[/quote]

But shouldnt the bills be ones and fives?

[quote name='MorganWebbLover']
Are you going to have big man sizes?

I second that I'm sick of all this little ass shirts that shrink to about half the size in the wash .

I personally would love a Medium sized shirt, and no, I'm not 12. I'm 27, married, 5 ft 9 in, and a perfectly healthy 140 lbs.

My left nut weighs more then 140 lbs . Dude eat a pork chop or something ![/quote]

I don't find 140 lbs too skinny for 5'9". I weigh 180, but I'm 6'2", I guess thats still quite a bit more, but I remember when I was a tiny freshman. 5'1" and 95 lbs. Yeah, thats right, I said 90 lbs. In just under 5 years I've doubled in weight.

yea I am like 6'2'' and 220 lb. so yea I need an XL. I will be losing much of my gut from laziness when I go to work for my dad building concrete basements

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']not to be the word nazi, but its touche. i obsessive about little things like that, cant help it. im weird that (and many other) way.[/quote]

I know it was wrong, I just had no idea how to spell it! Nazi, like Cartman on last weeks south park? ha ha ha that was great!

Looks good, redgopher.
The image is a bit too low resolution so it would probably appear a bit washed out if someone actually ordered that shirt.
We are going to try and get a higher resolution image and put it on a black t-shirt and have it cost less.

[quote name='CheapyD']Looks good, redgopher.
The image is a bit too low resolution so it would probably appear a bit washed out if someone actually ordered that shirt.
We are going to try and get a higher resolution image and put it on a black t-shirt and have it cost less.[/quote]

Yeah, tis a mockup, all I really wanted to do was to get that logo on a shirt for opinion's sake. I think you should use fistful-o-bucks logo that I snatched for the shirt, and if it goes on a black shirt, make the logo all white.. simple, cheap, effective. And I think that's all that should be on the shirt. If there was anything on the back, it should be the motto on one line, in a straight line centered between the shoulders.

And get the original from the artist, or have him blow it up and change the colors. Chances are he's still got the .psd file.

bread's done
Back