Gamestop PS3/360 Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition $39.99 NEW

lukewin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Was at a local Gamestop earlier and noticed that new versions of Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition were $39.99. Don't think they were mistagged because the labels said Collector's Edition. Going for around $60+ on ebay for new copies, it looks like. Would grab a couple to flip, but that's only a 150% return on investment, at most, after fees, not worth it to me for an initial $40.

How unfortunate. I bought one just last week at $60 with store credit. Has anyone had any experience getting the price adjusted or returning and rebuying at Gamestop?

The Gamestop site doesn't list the collector's edition anymore but if you go to the Barnes & Noble site, they have it. I think Gamestop fulfills their game orders. I gave it a shot.

[quote name='iPhone']How unfortunate. I bought one just last week at $60 with store credit. Has anyone had any experience getting the price adjusted or returning and rebuying at Gamestop?[/QUOTE]

I think they will if it's within a week or two. I did the same thing with the LoTRO CE

[quote name='RolePlayer']The Gamestop site doesn't list the collector's edition anymore but if you go to the Barnes & Noble site, they have it. I think Gamestop fulfills their game orders. I gave it a shot.[/QUOTE]
I like Gamestop fulfilling their orders because they are very prompt about shipping on time.

Tempted to order from barnes and noble but i have a feeling i should be able to get just the steelbook in great shape for $20 one day and the rest of the crap is garbage

i bit. it has become evident that capcom's CEs are bullshit. they make so many and they drop in price so fast.

i didnt have RE5 yet anyway, now i do. thinking if i should open it or wait for that other release. anyone know what the rerelease contains?

B&N won't let you use Edge to pay or any promos, no sale. Is the CE $40 price confirmed at any other stores besides GS? Should probably just wait for the Alternative Edition.

I'm rather tired of b&m gs selling games newsed... One I went to was trying to sell me beat up boxed ps3 version and tried to tell me $39.99 price is for the store demos only...

[quote name='Masterkyo']Possible new PS3 version with new controller release here in US next year ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm waiting for that one since it adds additional content to the game, or importing it if not released here.

[quote name='bruceg']Yeah I'm waiting for that one since it adds additional content to the game, or importing it if not released here.[/QUOTE]
same here... I assume they're releasing it here... would be a dumb move on Sony's part to NOT encourage Capcom to rerelease a big game like RE5 to sell more controllers...

on the other hand... i think it'd be kind of awkward holding a DS3 in the left hand...the wii nunchuck was designed to be held with one hand, but it seems like it'd get kind of tiring to hold the DS3 with one hand the whole time...

I hope they (but assume they won't) keep the default controls as an option in the rerelease version...

bread's done
Back