PSN store sales. Siren : Blood Curse ($29.99 for full, $11.99 per pack), MORE

Nice, think I'll pick up Supernova and Battle Cars. Blood Curse is still too much, especially since we can import it for less and get a disc.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Nice, think I'll pick up Supernova and Battle Cars. Blood Curse is still too much, especially since we can import it for less and get a disc.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to use this to give some advice, because I did just that.
All I can say is make sure you are using at least 720p (I believe this is the minimum). Because tv's in (some) countries other than the US have 576p/i (or something like that), you cannot play this game in standard def on a US tv.

[quote name='DrMunkee']. . .make sure you are using at least 720p (I believe this is the minimum). Because tv's in (some) countries other than the US have 576p/i (or something like that), you cannot play this game in standard def on a US tv.[/QUOTE]

This is true of the PAL European release but not of the Asian/Chinese NTSC release (that features full in-game English text and audio support).

How is this version of Lumines compared to the PSP ones and the Xbox Live version? My PSP/DS games recently got stolen so I could get it there again but the PS3 seems like a nice alternative but I'm not sure how the XBLA version stacks up (that's the one where they nickel and dime you though, right)?

[quote name='doodofdoods']Nice, think I'll pick up Supernova and Battle Cars. Blood Curse is still too much, especially since we can import it for less and get a disc.[/QUOTE]

Where can we get the disc version of Blood Curse for cheaper? Yes Asia has it for $35 before shipping right now. Any codes to make that a better deal? I'd prefer the disc myself, but then again a PSN share of the game is $6

I wish they would bundle all the Burnout DLC in one big pack for a sale price. I'd be all over that.

Burnout is a steal if anyone still hasn't gotten that game - one of my favorites this gen. I have Siren but never could get into it. Lumines is tempting, but Critter Crunch is providing my puzzle game needs right now. ;)

[quote name='gibbyva']I wish they would bundle all the Burnout DLC in one big pack for a sale price. I'd be all over that.[/QUOTE]

^ This.

More importantly, the US version of Siren: Blood Curse is censored. The import disc is the best way to play it.

[quote name='eastx']More importantly, the US version of Siren: Blood Curse is censored. The import disc is the best way to play it.[/QUOTE]

censored how?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siren:_Blood_Curse
Censorship
In the United States, Siren: Blood Curse is only available as a download from PlayStation Network. The United States version of this game has been censored. Examples include: A stabbing scene in the intro, which is omitted in U.S. version, by the way of applying shaky camera motion filters & altering the video angle itself. Characters & enemies show significantly (in some places completely omitted) lower amount of blood splatter decals on skin, clothes, and face. Scenes including Bella Monroe and Shibitos have been cut. However, in the rest of the world, the game was released uncut.

Extra content
European version of Siren Blood Curse, includes an exclusive making of documentary named “Siren Blood Curse: Behind the curtain of terror” which is accessed by inserting Siren Blood Curse BD-ROM in PlayStation 3, and scrolling left to the video category in XrossMediaBar where another disc icon appears. This allows viewing of the making of footage, which is not compatible with NTSC SDTV sets, but is fully compatible with any HDTV set, as the latter is international standard.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']This is true of the PAL European release but not of the Asian/Chinese NTSC release (that features full in-game English text and audio support).[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Thanks!

And yeah, I would recommend Blood Curse, especially if you enjoyed the PS2 version but were too annoyed by its difficulty. This version is much more friendly.

[quote name='prateeko']How is this version of Lumines compared to the PSP ones and the Xbox Live version? My PSP/DS games recently got stolen so I could get it there again but the PS3 seems like a nice alternative but I'm not sure how the XBLA version stacks up (that's the one where they nickel and dime you though, right)?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is not as good as the PSP versions, imo. It seems like there are less songs, and no songs with vocals, but the two-player mode is fun and there are lots of puzzles and trophies. I've only played the 360 version a couple of times, the PS3 version doesn't have the lag issues of the 360 version, so I think its better.

So: PSP > PS3 > 360

bread's done
Back