Mad Catz Arcade Joystick (360) - $0.99 @ MicroCenter B&M

JJSP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
This is one of those things that's only going to help about four people or so, but it appears Microcenter cleared out the 360 Mad Catz Arcade sticks. They're currently $0.99 - you'll have to use the in-store checker to see if it's actually in stock, but the price should be universal.

As a reminder, you can place the order online for in store pickup.

For example, Long Island has one in stock as of right now - http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0254585

SKU is 154021 - includes the stick, a 48-hour XBL trial, and three XBL arcade game redemption codes (Astropop, Time Pilot, and Frogger, I believe).

Good luck.

Worth it for Frogger IMO.

Plus its good if you want to make your own custom sticks. You can easily use this as a starting point.

I got one of those on clearance at Circuit City, before they liquidated, for like $5. Its pretty crappy, but still there is something about it that just makes you want to use it on arcade games, lol.

I picked one of these up on clearance before. Astropop is an okay game. Real reason I picked it up was because it is the only way to have a spinner control for arcade games. I use it on tempest. The rest of the controller sucks though.

Out of stock in Fairfax? There were two there when I went, I picked up one (decided to be nice and leave the other, rather than flip it). The other one just had the stick, not the cards for the games, but still, for $1, probably worth it.

Astropop is a lot of fun and mildly addicting. Frogger is also pretty good. Time Pilot is only okay, but was the one and only game that I enjoyed more with the arcade joystick. The controller is a real POS, very awkward to hold or use, but for 99 cents?? Are you kidding?!? Buy one if you can find it for the games and the experience. Gamestop should accept it for trade in as a generic wired controller (at least they used to).

[quote name='JohnnyDeLicious']If anyone can land one of these, I'll paypal $12 for one shipped to Brooklyn.[/QUOTE]
If you find somebody, let me know as well, I am willing to paypal some money as well.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']These are really good for modding into an arcade stick. they usually go on ebay/shoryuken for 20 bucks or so.[/QUOTE]

yep only use for these is the pcb

yah unless they dont usually match the online stock with store stock very well might as well close this thread down as every city listed as out of stock :(

The fairfax one MIGHT still have one, sort of. It said there was only one in stock, and I only saw one, but went back a little later in the evening and saw another on the shelf up above everything else. The first one I got was missing the cards for the games, so I returned it and got the complete one. So it may show as not in stock but the opened, incomplete one may be sitting on the shelf there, if anyone wants just the stick. No promises on that, though.

out of stock for the Santa Clara, CA location.

I bought this at frys last year for 6 bucks. The joystick is fail, but you get $20 bucks worth of xbox arcade games and 600 possible achievement points.

i picked up one of these when gamestop was giving them up at 10$, i got home, opened it, and boy is it a piece of shit. i closed it back up and returned it the next day.

The games are worth a dollar. Yes, they're pretty simple, but they're also pretty fun for how simple they are. And playing them got me to try Pac-Man CE again, and I finally got over 400K on that for the last achievement I hadn't gotten yet.

[quote name='Skydude']Out of stock in Fairfax? There were two there when I went, I picked up one (decided to be nice and leave the other, rather than flip it). The other one just had the stick, not the cards for the games, but still, for $1, probably worth it.[/QUOTE]

hmm I saw that one on the counter of CS. Microcenter has a ridiculous return policy. Heck, they have open boxed/returned 360's. Saw one guy return one of these open boxed ones because it red ringed as soon as he turned it on.

bread's done
Back