Beatles Rock band Special Value Edition 360 Wii PS3 $119.00 @ Amazon

Just a word of warning to those who have not purchased the instruments...

These are Rock Band 1 Instruments. While they work, the instruments that came with Rock Band 2 are improved versions of the RB1 instruments.

Also the drums are wired AND have a foot petal that will break in a few months of heavy use.

[quote name='hypertails02'] These are Rock Band 1 Instruments. While they work, the instruments that came with Rock Band 2 are improved versions of the RB1 instruments.[/QUOTE]
I came in here to say the same thing.

Agreed. It's a better idea to buy A Rock Band 2 bundle (with the better instruments) and then buy the Beatles software separately. It will cost you $40 more than this, but you'll have better instruments AND two games instead of 1.

hm, special value edition.
151l1259.jpg

Thanks guys for the info! I thought they had stopped making the RB1 drums when RB2 came out...will stay away from these bundles....

But this bundle is GREAT if you want Rock Band and especially the Beatles game for casual/family play.

Those instruments are excellent for Easy/Medium/Hard players of their respective instruments.

Oh, and I want to add that the RockBand 1 wired guitars are seriously flawed and the strummer will go out on it even with slight to moderate play over time.

[quote name='woodcan']Oh, and I want to add that the RockBand 1 wired guitars are seriously flawed and the strummer will go out on it even with slight to moderate play over time.[/QUOTE]

I always found the fret buttons on the RB1 guitar to be obnoxiously loud, even to the point where I'd need to turn the volume on the TV higher just to cancel out the added noise. I heard they fixed it (as much as it could be fixed I suppose) for the RB2 instruments. Even though I despise Activision, I've also liked the feel of their guitars a bit more.

I've heard good things about those special edition Rock Band Beatles guitars, though I'll bide my time and see if they ever go on sale for a significant amount less than the ridiculous $100 price tags they have right now.

Also the RB1 guitar doesn't have the feature that allows you to automatically set the timing. I found that feature to be great. I, though I may be in the minority, also preferred the RB2 guitar to the GH guitar I had (which admittedly was an older wired one - they've no doubt gotten better too.) I really wish they'd come out with a value bundle with RB2 instruments. It's pretty sucky that they decided to slip the RB1 instruments into this bundle. Seems like a sleazy move. I'd concur with others that the way to go is buying a RB2 Special Edition from Gamestop for $99 and then buy Beatles RB game-only.

bread's done
Back