Family Dollar Guitar Hero III - $20

Pete8647

CAG Veteran
Family Dollar has Guitar Hero III for both wii and PS2 -controller and game-for $20. VERY limited quanities (6 each for most stores). Also HSM 3 dance game with mat for $10. If this already posted, sorry. New to site.

Family Dollar has games? Cripes. No I have not heard or seen this before Pete but I may of missed it myself, thanks for the heads-up.
smile

Dollar General has Guitar Hero 3 w/ guitar (PS2)for $29.

That's an excellent deal @ Family Dollar though!

Were these in the toy department? I was just at Family Dollar today but stayed toward the front of the store. Didn't see anything.

Every Family Dollar in Charlotte, NC that I've been to only has had the PS2 but no Xbox 360 ones. Hopefully I'll find one sometime soon.

I just wonder what the environmental impact will be on all these guitars and peripherals. Some GameStops won't even take them anymore, and with so many around, it'll be tough to gamers to sell them to anyone else. End result? Lots of guitars thrown in the trash.

I did wind up getting one of these packages, however. Maybe if I get tired of the game, I can mod the guitar into something cool. Accordion Hero, anyone?

Hey! I just logged on to post this, but glad someone was able to let everyone know sooner.

I went to Family Dollar on Halloween (Saturday Oct. 31st), and they had 2 Xbox 360 Bundles and 3 PS2 bundles. All $20 each.. I thought it was just the guitar at first so I went to buy it and I realized it was the game also! Great deal.

Went back to Family Dollar today; they had six 360 bundles and one PS2 bundle. Grabbed a 360 copy, went home, was pretty excited, but it turns out that you get what you pay for. Apparently, in my surprise to actually see these on the shelf I didn't look at the box long enough to see that the guitars in these bundles were wired. I immediately repackaged the guitar and returned it. Makes me really wish that they would have had the Wii version. As it turns out, the wired bundle isn't really much of a deal after all as it's $30 on Amazon, but it was still foolish of me to assume that the ~$80 wireless bundle would be $20 anywhere, I guess =/

[quote name='ArugulaZ']I just wonder what the environmental impact will be on all these guitars and peripherals. Some GameStops won't even take them anymore, and with so many around, it'll be tough to gamers to sell them to anyone else. End result? Lots of guitars thrown in the trash.

I did wind up getting one of these packages, however. Maybe if I get tired of the game, I can mod the guitar into something cool. Accordion Hero, anyone?[/QUOTE]

Someone should make a fort out of unwanted guitar controllers :D

[quote name='fwbweux'] As it turns out, the wired bundle isn't really much of a deal after all as it's $30 on Amazon, but it was still foolish of me to assume that the ~$80 wireless bundle would be $20 anywhere, I guess =/[/QUOTE]

Not foolish at all to a wirless bundle for $20, especially when Sears had the wireless bundle for $4.97 in June.

bread's done
Back