- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (11/15/09 - 11/21/09)

#61 MidnightMetal   Long Live Metal Music!!!! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

MidnightMetal

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

Terrible ad...500 wii points by mail? UGH! I hope this isn't a standard. Nothing for the god of war collection...at all?

Yeah nothing for GOW Collection, though if you pre-order GOW III you can get a $10 off coupon for the Collection

#62 ScottsUSERID   G.I. Jew CAGiversary!   3699 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

ScottsUSERID

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

Yeah nothing for GOW Collection, though if you pre-order GOW III you can get a $10 off coupon for the Collection

I'm not spending a single penny..not even for a penny guide at best buy...until they give me the gamers gift club certificate for buying need for speed shift almost 45 days ago. Reward Zone Sucks.

#63 Millertime27   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   14 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Millertime27

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

I'm not spending a single penny..not even for a penny guide at best buy...until they give me the gamers gift club certificate for buying need for speed shift almost 45 days ago. Reward Zone Sucks.

Have you checked your email? You can view the status of your points on myrz.com........

:booty:

#64 ajh2298   2009 Stanley Cup Champs CAGiversary!   7948 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

The big book coupon is for a $10 gift card with a purchase of $75 or more, not on $100 or more. It specifically excludes video game hardware, so hopefully they won't notice or argue that a game is hardware. I think most people consider it software but technically you're buying a physical disc so it could be YMMV. Try it and see.

Also since you're spending more than $50 you can get the 19" Animal Alley Dog or Bear for $5 (It's usually $20) if they still have any. Awesome if you have an easily pleased kid to buy for, or some weird stuffed animal fetish!

Some people got different coupons if their "Big Book" was mailed to them. Since I am a TRU credit card holder my "Big Book" had 3 different coupons on it all 2 $10.00 off $100.00 purchase coupons and a free $10.00 gift card if I spent over $150.00.

#65 Gurn13   Lurker Supreme CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:51 PM

Nothing for me, but thanks for your post!

#66 mtxbass1   This space for rent. CAGiversary!   11092 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

You know that it takes 35 days now for points to show up in your account now right? I'd check your account.

#67 PlayerXXX   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   103 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:20 PM

<sigh> I miss circuit city! Ever since they went out of business, the BB deals suck.

#68 Tink313   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:51 PM

When the coupon says Video Game Hardware it is ment only for Game systems Not video games. If it was for video games it would read as video game software or just video games on the coupon.

I have used plenty of coupons at TRU that reads except "Video Game Hardware" solely on video games and never had a problem at the register, it always takes it off, and the cashier never said I couldnt use it and that saying alot because in New York all cashier inspect those coupons as if the coupon is coming out of there pay check :roll:

#69 token2k6   LG FUAD CAGiversary!   4513 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:11 PM

so i gotta wait for 500 measly wii points? plus now that they're saying multiplayer turns up the hardness a bit, I might wait b/c I wanted my little one to try it, but he is barely learning character movement as it is..

#70 megax11   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   50 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

Okay, but this is what I am asking.

My big book came with a 10 dollar off 100 or more.

So if I buy -

- Assassins Creed II 60 before tax
- Lego Indiana Jones 2 (360) 50 before tax

That totals 110.00 before tax.

Will they consider that a 100 dollar purchase and give me 10 bucks off, before docking Lego Indiana Jones 2 20 bucks due to the Buy 1 get 1 half off promo, which really makes it a 90 dollar purchase?

Or will they do just that. Ring up both games, and since one gets docked 20 bucks, making it a 90 dollar purchase, will they say, "you're 10 dollars under?"

Thanks again.

#71 Looking4Deal   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Looking4Deal

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:47 PM

Amazon is offering Mario Bros for $46.99 with a $10 video game credit. I am going to use my $20 credit from ordering MW2 from them.

The way I look at it:
$10 in credit
+ $3 in basic savings
+ no tax
+ no driving and hassles in crowded stores
= Winner.

#72 Crunchewy   What? CAGiversary!   21876 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:47 PM

I'll pick up Lego Batman Wii for $15 if that's in the value bin. Anyone know?

#73 Grimley141   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   3 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Grimley141

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

Can you combine systems with the buy one get one $20 off deal? I want to pick up NSMB Wii and Ratchet & Clank for PS3.

#74 Organ Donor   "Your punch is soft... just like your heart!" CAGiversary!   1277 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Organ Donor

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:10 PM

Time to put my MW2 gift card to good use. Thanks for the ad, OP.

#75 the_legend_of_drtre   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   663 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

the_legend_of_drtre

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:08 PM

So I could exchange 2 of my b2g1 games for ac2 and l4d2. I would get the $10 gift card for ac2 and $20 off l4d2

ummm. no. First you placeholder games and now you want the discounts of people actually buying the games during a different sale as well? You can't have it all scumbag.

#76 the_legend_of_drtre   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   663 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

the_legend_of_drtre

Posted 13 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

Amazon is offering Mario Bros for $46.99 with a $10 video game credit. I am going to use my $20 credit from ordering MW2 from them.

The way I look at it:
$10 in credit
+ $3 in basic savings
+ no tax
+ no driving and hassles in crowded stores
= Winner.

isn't amazon also offering the points card? I could have sworn Isaw that.

#77 xXJonoXx   Resident Che(vil)ap CAGiversary!   943 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

I've also had points pending for a $300 monitor I bought almost 45 days ago as well. Seriously, they need to get it working.

#78 Veritasiness   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   17 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Veritasiness

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

ummm. no. First you placeholder games and now you want the discounts of people actually buying the games during a different sale as well? You can't have it all scumbag.

Did you just use the term "scumbag" outside the confines of a cheesy cop show. Bravo for that one. From what I can tell, being a CAGer is all about trying to get the best deal within the confines of deals and store rules. Plus there is a tutorial about how to placehold on the sight so I don't think it is frowned upon. My only hope is that you were half joking or just :drool:.

#79 lhfan04   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   304 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

hmmm... I wonder if Bestbuy will let me PM my Fry's ad that has NSMB:Wii for $39.99 and still get the 500 points free.

#80 MidnightMetal   Long Live Metal Music!!!! CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

MidnightMetal

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:58 PM

hmmm... I wonder if Bestbuy will let me PM my Fry's ad that has NSMB:Wii for $39.99 and still get the 500 points free.

Probably not, because I PM'd TRU on Mario and Luigi on a gift card offer they had and the RZGC was suppose to ship a reversible hat if you purchased the game. The hat again was suppose to ship in 4-6 weeks of launch, which was what the end of September and I still have no hat to keep my head warm :cry:.

#81 Transformah   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Transformah

Posted 13 November 2009 - 08:45 PM

The official language for points posting is "approximately 35 days". It takes this long because they have to make sure you don't return your item. I agree, this is annoying, but fair.

Also, the "gamers club points" is confusing... they are no different from regular RZ points. If you're an RZ members and an RZ Gamers Club member and you buy a game, lets say for $60, you'll get 60 regular RZ points. You also get that $60 credited towards the $150 required to earn the Gamers Club bonus, which, when earned, will give you 500 bonus Reward Zone points (these are the Gamers Club bonus points).

If you're not seeing your purchase tally into your Gamers Club bonus point "thermometer", and you have seen the purchase post in your My Points and Purchases section, this is because these two data fields are not populated at the same time. I've noticed that they will show up, but will just take some time.

If you have a question about your account, you can always call 1-888-BESTBUY. They've always been very helpful for me when I have questions.

#82 evisto   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

Probably not, because I PM'd TRU on Mario and Luigi on a gift card offer they had and the RZGC was suppose to ship a reversible hat if you purchased the game. The hat again was suppose to ship in 4-6 weeks of launch, which was what the end of September and I still have no hat to keep my head warm :cry:.

Ok, I price matched Mario and Luigi (with a Fry's ad) at Best Buy to get the game for $29.99 instead of $34.99, and I DID get the RZGC bonus red beanie hat. So I will be price matching New Super Mario Bros. Wii with the Fry's ad for $39.99, and hopefully also be getting the 500 Wii points. That would beat the Amazon deal by a couple dollars... although tax makes it irrelevant. Of course you do get Reward Zone points for buying the game itself, PLUS the bonus Reward Zone Gamer Club points, which might be enough to push you to your next Gamer Club $10.00 bonus certificate...

;)

#83 japaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

If TRU allows it I'm going to buy AC2 and then get a game $20 off.. then use my $20 giftcard from the MW2 deal in the process. :D

#84 ScottsUSERID   G.I. Jew CAGiversary!   3699 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

ScottsUSERID

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:36 PM

You know that it takes 35 days now for points to show up in your account now right? I'd check your account.

A of today its been 44, and after calling india service department, they tell me the whole approx gig jig.

#85 the_legend_of_drtre   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   663 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

the_legend_of_drtre

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:02 PM

Did you just use the term "scumbag" outside the confines of a cheesy cop show. Bravo for that one. From what I can tell, being a CAGer is all about trying to get the best deal within the confines of deals and store rules. Plus there is a tutorial about how to placehold on the sight so I don't think it is frowned upon. My only hope is that you were half joking or just :drool:.

I'm pretty sure buying games you don't want on purpose to get one free...
then trading those games a month later and expecting to still get a gc for something Not purchased during the sale...
and expecting to get an additional $20 off is not in the rules of the sale.

B2g1 on games not part of the sale + $10 gc + $20 off??

Greed much?

#86 FeathersMcGraw   Waterfowl Mastermind CAGiversary!   185 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

FeathersMcGraw

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:03 PM

Will they consider that a 100 dollar purchase and give me 10 bucks off, before docking Lego Indiana Jones 2 20 bucks due to the Buy 1 get 1 half off promo, which really makes it a 90 dollar purchase?

I'm pretty sure the coupons apply to whatever value is displayed when the order is totaled, so the promo very likely brings you under the $100 requirement for the coupon. In addition, the way that TRU handles GC promotions is that they deduct the price of the GC from your order and then charge you for the GC purchase (i.e. $49.99 for Assassin's Creed 2 + $10 GC = $59.99 on your receipt, but you get a GC worth $10), but since GC purchases don't count towards the coupon requirements, you also come up short there.

#87 japaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   566 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:55 AM

assasins creed and left 4 dead 2 here i come.. for about $35 each.

#88 WiiGame   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   730 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:08 AM

I'm pretty sure buying games you don't want on purpose to get one free...
then trading those games a month later and expecting to still get a gc for something Not purchased during the sale...
and expecting to get an additional $20 off is not in the rules of the sale.

B2g1 on games not part of the sale + $10 gc + $20 off??

Greed much?

lol... some people are really creative. luckily, for tru, most people are stupid so they can take a few blows from these creative types

personally, all that stuff that was too complicated. i rather dish out 20-30 bucks extra, stay home and play happy

#89 Xfactor19990   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3396 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Xfactor19990

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:23 AM

so are these 2 stackable?

Buy 1 Get 1 $20 Off - All Wii, 360 & PS3 games $39.99 or more.

Free $10 Gift Card with purchase of Assassins Creed 2 (All day Tuesday ONLY)

Was someone saying their was another coupon? Here is what i want to do, go buy 2 copies of AC2 (2x$10 GC), plus will i get the $20 off? Secondly use that $20 from AC to buy 2 copies of New SUper Mario Bros (and again get $20 off?

#90 futurama   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   19 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

futurama

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:46 AM

I'll pick up Lego Batman Wii for $15 if that's in the value bin. Anyone know?

Walmart.com has Wii Lego Batman in it's 2 for $30 bundle deal.
Also has Lego Indiana Jones and Lego Star Wars.
http://www.walmart.c...dle/ip/10039652